Chapter 10 Wrong side of the bed
11 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

LIVING QUARTERS. TIME: 10- ish

*Boom*

"Wha-Wha- What? What is happening?"

I lift myself off the bed groggily. There was an alarm on the ship earlier but it stopped after a few seconds? Or minutes. I don't know. Uhh. The hangover is killing me. Probably should avoid brainslug smoothies.

"What is happening? Did we hit a meteor or something?"

A confused voice was coming from behind me. She was Purple. One of our passengers. She had dark violet hair with blue eyes. She was also well endowed with a supermodel body. When I try to explain about her intellect. Well...God gives something while taking another. Overall she is a perfect babe that easily fell for my charms.

Oh. I forgot to introduce the great me. I am Brown, the one and only. Now coming to the matter of the sounds that shouldn't be coming from a spaceship.

"No, the floating rocks aren't called meteors. They are asteroids. And I don't think the sound is due to them."

"Ohh, You are so smart Admiral Brown."

Yeah, I made her believe that I was overseeing multiple ships as Admiral. She is that dumb. I put on my clothes and check my PDA. Strange. There seems to be no messages or information about anything. I check the ship log. Nothing about the alarm.

*Boom*

Another one! This is something serious.

"Duty is calling me, sweetie"

She nods and blows me a kiss. I catch it and rush towards the sound. 

I turn a corner and find a dead body. A DEAD BODY!!! WHAT THE HELL??! Wait, calm down. I don't know if he is really dead. Maybe he is still alive after BLEEDING A RIVER OF BLOOD THROUGH A HOLE IN HIS CHEST!!

deep breaths

Yeah. He is dead. Moving on.

I run as fast as my legs would carry trying to reach the stairs. I need to inform this. I came to a halt when I saw the wrecked corridor. Coral and Cyan were standing there with a little kid. Looking over a  puddle of something fowl. Ugh. The smell. There was another woman lying near the wall, drenched in blood.

"What happened here?"

Words escaped me involuntarily. To which, Cyan replied.

"Apparently there are monsters living in the ship without payment"

Soon others came. They took the heavily injured woman to the med bay. Cyan reported everything to the Captain while I listened to them. Shock was the general reaction. While some were, terrified shitless. No I wasn't scared of the monster. NOPE. NOT AT ALL.

CAFETERIA. TIME:1049

We were discussing a lot of things about the occurences in the ship and measures to counter them.

Apparently, the monster was masquerading as Maroon. One of the Polus guys. Immediately after this fact was released. People suggested locking up the Polus guys. But Cap. White shot it down.

Our systems were completely compromised except for some functions in the Admin desk.

The navigation is haywire. And communications with the outside world is cut off. Thrusters were acting up so they were shut down or used in short bursts to minimalize fuel consumption. We were drifting in this black abyss like a lost lifeboat. 

Everybody came up with measures to prevent our doom but nothing was working out as much as the decision to weed out the impostors. So we started inquiring the location of everyone on the ship.

"Brown where were you during this incident?" Cap. White asked me. Everybody was looking at me.

"Uhmm, I was aiding one of our passengers, Uhm Ms. Purple with the operation of her smart toilet"

"That means, you weren't in your security post"

"Uhm, yes"

"Ok then. Have you tried accessing the security footage?"

"Yes, but all the footage had been either deleted or corrupted. I cannot salvage anything"

Cap. White didn't say anything. After a few seconds he started.

"Is the live feed working?"

"Yes" I replied.

"Then I assign a team with you as the leader. Your directive is to maintain a constant surveillance through the live security and set up a checkpoint for patrol teams there. Cyan, Lime, Mr. Gray and Ms. Purple will be on your team. Any doubts?"

"No, sir"

WHY ME? I can't maintain something like a checkpoint. That is way above my pay grade. I AM JUST A TECHNICIAN.

0