Chapter 1 – All-in
525 2 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'Ugh, it hurts' Claus thought to himself as his consciousness drifts away after using his body to shield his squadmates from a rain of bullets.

As the captain of the Bravo Team from the Special Forces of country Sino, he has a strong sense of responsibility to always protect his team during these classified operations. He has been a member of the special forces for a decade now. He's seen so many horrors and tragedies on the job. Since he was an orphan he truly envied his teammates who have a family to go back to, so he makes it a point not to lose anyone from his team no matter the cost. He always goes 'All In' for this.

As he was getting on with age, he was about to retire after his last field mission and take up a desk job for the troops. Too bad fate was not kind enough and they ran into an ambush where Captain Claus ordered a retreat at the cost of his life. Thankfully his teammates were able to regroup and extract themselves from the trap thanks to their captain.

Claus's consciousness finally gives up after confirming he was dragged towards the extraction point and the team was able to leave unscathed, except for him. He finally closes his eyes and relaxes knowing that his job was finally done.

.........

After an amount of time, Claus finds his consciousness awake again. He tries to feel around his surroundings but he couldn't feel his limbs, nor could he see anything. All his senses seemed to be sucked into the darkness. 'Is this what death feels like?' was all Claus could think of.

At that moment a speckle of light shone in the distance, it was faint but enough for Claus to see it. Slowly but surely Claus could feel his senses coming back to him. 'What's happening? Arrgh!' pain suddenly overcomes Claus and he loses his consciousness again with a cry of pain.

Gradually, Claus regains consciousness again he hears women talking and whispering to each other. He slowly opens his eyes but he can't. They feel too heavy, he can only occasionally let light in. He can however smell blood and sweat, he's accustomed to it. 'So I didn't die! Lucky!' were Claus's thoughts after hearing women talking. Although he couldn't understand what they were saying. His thoughts lingered into the possibility of being nursed by foreigners hence his heavy feeling and unfamiliar language. He decides to rest until he feels better.

........

'Am I blinded and limbless?' Claus thought as he was being fed with sour-tasting milk. It's been a week and he still couldn't see nor control his limbs, if he had any. Even his voice seemed a little off, he couldn't speak either. He could only grunt when he was hungry or felt like excreting. Even his grunt sounded weird, however.

'I'm probably disabled now, and I don't even have a family to take care of me. I hope I get a pension for a maid at least.' As he continues his inner dialogue he stops sucking on the container for the sour milk. It's pretty common to be put on a soft diet in the hospital but the milk just couldn't make him full. Then another few days go by.

........

Little did Claus expect that the moment he opened his eyes he comes face to face with a beautiful looking woman looking at him with a smile. She leans close looking like she was going in for a kiss.

'Woah there! I'm not into kissing strangers!' the moment he thought those words he reflexively pushes his hand out only to see small hands and a short arm. 'WHAT THE HECK IS HAPPENING??' he was too preoccupied to try and stop the woman from raining kisses on him. All he could think about was what kind of situation he's in.

Then everything seemed to click and he could finally see the complete puzzle. He was rebirthed as a baby into foreign lands. The feeling of darkness was probably the womb and him passing out after that was probably actually being birthed. Claus was slightly embarrassed at the thought but he continued with following the sequence of events. His senses being dull was probably him adjusting to a baby body and the sour milk, Claus felt himself blushing again but put the thought at the back of his mind as a realization finally dawns on him.

'I'm not an orphan anymore, right?' as a person who has been yearning for nothing more than family, he couldn't help but tear up. 'This woman is probably my mother.' As he tears up he carefully observes the distressed young woman. She looked to be in her early twenties or late teens. Black wavy shoulder-length hair. She had rosy cheeks, sharp brows, and black eyes. She was beautiful by Earth standards. Emotions bottled up for the past 35 years seem to gush out of Claus as he cries and greatly stresses his new mother. Claus grabbed her finger that was wiping his tears and just let it all out. He finally has a blood-related relative.

It took him more than five minutes before he could finally calm down. By that time there was a confident-looking young man who walked in and was the one carrying Claus. He smiled as he conversed with the woman. The young man seemed to be in his early to mid-twenties. He had a toned shoulder and jawline. He looked like a skilled fighter yet he didn't ooze blood lust but rather had a hearty laugh making him feel approachable. He gave off a 'depend on me when times are tough' vibe. 'So this is what a father is like' Claus thought as tears form in his eyes again.

This was probably the first time Claus lost control of his emotions, he felt exhausted from all the crying. He felt like a burden has been lifted from his chest and he was overcome with fatigue forcing him to close his eyes. 'In this new life I'm going to cherish my new family the most, I'm going all-in for them!' were his thoughts as he slept soundly.

10