Who Uses a Teleportation Circle?
49 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Confirming my goal of finding some medicinal herbs for Eochy- Eochi-.... For a healer, I set off, putting off how to pronounce his name until I contacted him next. As for how I set off, the only logical way is by jumping off of the islands. I know there's teleportation circles around somewhere, but who knows where those go? Not to mention they're so far away and boring.

That's why I jumped, falling down to the world! Of course, I could use wind magic to slow my descent, or even water magic to form a bubble around me. But where's the fun in knowing the outcome? I was a considerable height up in the air, so I could take my time for a little bit. Reaching into my backpack, I grabbed a book. If I recalled correctly, it posed some various theories on how to sustain flight in midair using different spells.

Keeping the various blueprints in my bag from flying with wind magic as I read, I came across an interesting concept. If you warmed up air in a balloon of sorts, it would cause the balloon to rise. There's a few other key principles such as buoyancy and density, but that's not important right now.

I leisurely used wind magic to shape the many, perhaps too many, prints of ideas I had in my bag into a balloon shape, with a valve at the top to allow for steering. I then lit a flame, careful not to burn anything, to heat up the air. Attaching it to my weapon belts as a harness, and I slowed down my descent enough that I could look across the horizon!

The new world was beautiful, with many richly colored continents, and beautiful blue seas. Forests, deserts, plains, and more stretched out as far as the eye could see. There was also a misty place out in the distance that I was tempted to head toward, along with some giant landmasses that seemed to be creatures. However, I had to stay on track and grab some medicinal herbs before anything else.

Sighing to myself, I headed towards a city that I saw near some plains to the west. The plants I was thinking of, if they were here, were usually congregated near where people tread. Steering my balloon towards there would take a while, so I also created a light breeze of wind using magic so that I wouldn't need to do any walking.


Arriving close to the city I ran into some unfortunate consequences of my actions. Like always. Apparently arriving in a big balloon makes you seem like a threat and people will want to shoot arrows at you. Luckily, my balloon already being supported by wind magic, the arrows were just deflected. However that also meant I was forced to land around a clearing further away from the city than I had first thought. Groaning to myself, I decided to inspect my surroundings for the plants instead as it was along what appeared to be a major road.

Luck was on my side as I managed to find some large, oval-shaped leaves with a long and thin spiky pillar bearing some fruits. I had no clue what it was called, but I'd used it quite often in my own medicines to for cuts, scrapes, bruises, and more. I pulled out several of the plants whole, as the roots could also be used for fevers, and quickly made a basket out of some branches lying on the ground to put them in.

The other plant I was looking for was near a river down south of where I landed, located in moist soil. It was a tall plant, around twice the size of me, and had a green stem that turned purple where the leaves met. Each node of leaves had three to four sharply toothed leaves, smelled of vanilla when hurt, and had beautiful pink or purple flowers. The plants roots were the main prize, helping to induce sweating, relieve diarrhea, and more.

Smiling to myself, I pulled the plant out, stuffed it into the basket, and made a hot air balloon out of leaves and sticks to send the plants back to the guild. Along with crude directions as to where I am. The fire magic would last long enough to get there, and the wind magic would guide it back to the guild.

As for me? I'm heading for that mist! The guild doesn't need me to be there for the directions, after all.

1