1. Breathing out smoke / Breathing in ashes
31 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The day started with skies grey with gloomy clouds and there was weird tension in the air, however it wasn't raining yet. People were bustling out on the streets, merchants weren't that loud comparing to yesterday and more people were staying home, for some weird reason everyone felt restless, as if they were waiting for some event to play out later in the day. Wind passing through the royal city was moist and cold, seemingly whispering secrets of the future, but no living creature could understand its tounge, it only brougth even more tension. Officially the city was preparing for yearly festival, however the mood was somewhat gloomy and sleepy...

Then it started with a wind that suddenly started to blow wildly, from outside of the city walls entering through the gate, in the crowd of people was hiding royal attendant, his robes were tattered and torn at the edges, purple color was so washed out that it's owner looked more like a beggar than a noble and his partially ripped bandages hanging loosely from his arm and half of his face added to that picture. He was recently disgraced and severly wounded due to accidently and partially revealing some kind of political scheme going behind the royal family... To add to his misfortune he could feel the hunting gaze of the predator on his back the entire time. He was fidgety and pale with dark bags under his eyes, paniced gaze was frantically searching the sea of people, but when he turned his head... then he saw him, a man in dark robes and wearing a mask who smirked at him showing his theeth. Royal attendant felt chill running down his back, he found him...!

After a moment he started running, squeezing through the crowd, that grumbled and yelled after him as he tried to put a distance and possibly loose his hunter in the mass of random citizens. He ran as fast as wounded person could, he knew he needed to reach the castle, but he had a feeling that screaming for help would not help him, he twisted his escape route as much as he could. From time to time he looked behind his shoulder only to see that the person in dark robes was still tailing him, not fooled by his attempts to loose him... Swearing under his breath he passed through the most guarded street only to collide with a cart filled goods, despite yelling of the wronged merchant he quikly got and without a moment he resumed his running.

Royal attendant made a lot commotion with his attempt to escape his hunter, he saw that the guards finally realized that something was happening and gave him some hope that he might menage to reach the castle. Now as he neared said the castle, he was wheezing, lungs burning from insufficient amount of air, legs cramping from all of that running, but just as hemenaged to pass through the less crowded area... He was almost there! Almost! He wanted to cry from the relief when he saw the main entrance to the castle! Oh heavens, give him a chance! He was so SO close! At first there was some kind of deaf sound similiar to muted glass shattering, not even second later he felt air knocked out of him as powerful wave of energy had thrown him in the air and slammed his back onto castle walls, for sure breaking some of his ribs and bones with a loud thump!

Person in dark robes who was suspending the royal advisor against castle wall slowly walked out from the crowd, the individual was wearing a black mask - half man and half beast covering his eyes, altough only one eye red could be seen peeking from it's cover, his moves where elegant, almost lazy as a cat he calmly made his way to towards the royal advisor. He looked at him with some kind of disgust and regret written on his covered face. Without saying a word he thrown a spell at him and the poor beaten up man had bursted into dark purple flames, he was screaming loudly in his agony thankfully his screams died quickly, but the fire didn't stop until the only thing that was left from the existance of the noble were his smoking ashes falling onto ground, soon enough the wind had discarded them... The guards and rest of the people could only helplessy watching the whole accident, all off this just right under the royal family's nose and they could do nothing about it...

After all of this chase, people could observe the stranger a little better... He was clothed as if he was some kind of royalty and he gave off also some kind of weird royal and dominant aura, besides the mask framed by long ink-black hair he was wearing some exspensive looking black feather cloak with dark feathered right wing peaking proudly from underneath it and long tunic reaching his ankles in shade of deep pruple adorned with silver magnolia pattern. He also had a sword and it seemed that he had burn scars on half of his face that was adorned with the beast half of the mask, that half for some reason completly covered his eye...
Rain finally started to fall and the stranger exhaled in some weird painfull way as if he was relived of something... Turning his sight in front of him, he saw His Highness that was giving him some kind of unbeliving looks and was pointing his sword at him. Stranger had straightened his back for a second he was cougth off-guard, but menaged to school a neutral expression. Now this will be interesting...

-Please, put away your sword Your Highness...- voice of the masked man was husky, as if he also had burnt throath, but strangely it was also melodic, that coiled similiar to soft, warm scarf, however the material was rough. The sound of the stranger's voice was for some weird reason familiar, but it was impossible to tell where and why it was like that.

 


 

Please don't kill me if there are any mistakes or typos, I had writersblock for a long time and only recently I was able to write something... Also I write irregulary, so bear with me! Hope you liked it!

0