Do you believe in Magic ??
141 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

"This way" said wong as he made his way into a hut with jax, they sat on the floor

" so what have you come all the way here for," said Wong as he poured some tea for jax and sat down opposite.

"my name is Harold miller and i am a scientist, i worked as a doctor in the hospitals for most of my life and through out it i strictly believed that i could answer questions with both reason and calculation yet i one day met a man who was jogging in a park, but i remember that 2 years ago he had a brain back injury after returning from the front lines and was never meant to recover, i asked him multiple questions of how he got to where he was now he simply told me two things, to keep an open mind and to come here and here i am," said jax emotionally as he's hands began to shake.

the young Wong looked down and thought carefully, about what to do next.

"so, what was the man's name,?"asked Wong

"Louis xing," said jax

"do you know how he got to where he is currently?" asked wong as he and jax made there way through a corridor and into a room.

"n..no thats why I've come to you," said jax with a stutter as he saw people of working around with robes

"how about i enlighten you," said a voice from behind him that made him jump, jax turned around to find the main reason for his journey, the ancient one.

wong bowed in greeting while jax stood in slight awe of the young women who was currently one of the most powerful beings on the planet

"say Mr miller, do you believe in magic,"said the ancient one with a playful smile as she twisted her hand and magic circles began to form from her palms

"h..h..how is this possible ..i mean is this a trick," said jax as wiped sweat from his brow and continued to watch the display of light as the circles collapsed in and formed new ones which then created a huge diagram that attached itself to the ceiling.

the ceiling then disappeared and was replaced with an entire cosmos, jax was whisked across many dimensions while being debriefed about just how minuscule his existence was.

he could feel himself bonding with everything yet at the same time couldn't feel anything at all, however jax wasn't very amused with this display he had seen the great beyond and had created weapons that could and very much did annihilate life in the quadrillions so these gimmicks although new were not unachievable merely new doors to open, but all in due time he must first be a student in order to be a master

"huh" sighed jax as he slumped to the ground once his mind came to

"so what do you think," said the ancient expressionless

"teach me," he whispered

---,---

Date: Wednesday 6th September 1964

===================================================

it had been two days since his initiation and he was currently in the library, he was wearing professional student robes while reading books on using simple spells that did not need incantation. he had so far been revising diligently on his studies but he made sure to stay up at night to learn the slightly harder spells that needed incantation.

-,-

training ground

rows of trainees were trying to open portals with their sling ring and jax was in the third row and he was also finding it difficult, he needed a real life situation to help him concentrate and he knew how to get it, he saw the instructor from the corner of his eye wearing a long robe come to the front and shout stop in Nepali all the trainees stopped except for him. Jax kept on trying to widen the portal and keep it stable but he kept failing, suddenly he got a shove from the back and he was pushed into his slightly incomplete portal and he landed in a desert. jax could feel the scorching heat and the blistering sand on his sandals , he took several deep breaths to calm down and began to once again make a portal back to the training ground. hours past and he could feel himself begin to feel slightly dizzy because he was in this current weakened form that he needed to use to escape detection it slightly allowed him to survive the heat however he could still feel the pressure and this allowed his focus to increase step by step as the adrenaline soon kicked in. After another 240 minutes of excruciating practice he could finally create a stable portal leading back to the training grounds.

"huh..hah..huh." puffed jax as he wiped sweat from his forehead

"damn it, should have gone to the o'l pole, might not have taken so long," said jax as he thought about the new possibilities with this almost divine object.

--,--

Room

jax sat in his room exhausted he had been going at it the most of the day with his sling ring training and now he could create proper portals with varying shapes anywhere he wanted. he could finally do what he had originally wanted to do, jax slinged countless books into his room and onto the floor he looked on ravenously at the books like a hungry hyena. It had been a gruelling day for him and he wanted nothing more than a relaxing read of some books on incantations and mystic arts.

jax sat down and began to read through handfuls of dusty ancient books while also practising a bit Sanskrit.

--,--

sorcerer supreme 
location: meeting halls

"master hamor, master sanxi greetings," bowed the ancient slightly as the two both bowed back,

"it seems there has been a new visitor that has joined our ranks,"smile master hamor

"yes i believe so" replied the ancient one as she flipped a page on the book she was reading

"he is an interesting one though, i can't seem to read him though," said the ancient one flatly as she continued to read the book

"hmmm" thought master hamor slightly surprised that even the ancient one herself could not read a mere mortal with no training of the mind.

however the ancient one never went into detail of what she said, as the guardian of the time stone (one of the 6 infinity stones) who also happened to know of the existence of the next sorcerer supreme years ahead of time not being able to read a mortal was......very interesting.

-,-

"hmm, so it needs both concentration, training, studying and a hint of imagination huh," thought jax as he was in his room reading a book on spells

jax brought his hands out and envisioned the spell in his mind and slowly enacted the steps very slowly as shown in the book, golden lights began to move about in front of him into multiple shapes and forming  a gold shield in front of him.

"huh,"puffed jax as he put his hands down and the shield slowly disappeared with his concentration.

as the days went by jax slowly began to practice different other spells regularly and made sure to take and return more books from the library in order to keep improving his skills, he had nothing but his mind to carry him through his training. 

--,--

"chief the mutant expedition program is ready," said a clone wearing lab coat as he saluted chief  through a monitor.

"good, i'll be down in ground 3 to check expect me there in 3 hours," said chief in a stoic voice as he switched of the monitor an tapped a couple of keys

he picked up some keys and a file that read C.E.R.E.B.R.O and made his way out of his office and to an elevator and down to his destination.

deeply apologise about the long break i had to take a week off due to flu, i'll try to make it up with expect extra chapters this week

4