House In the Desert?!?!
104 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I found myself in the middle of a dune. The only things I saw were patches of shrubs scattered throughout the sands. Maybe I could get fucked after all if this is the situation. 

"Why the hell am I here?" I couldn't seem to understand my circumstances. It seemed that this is an obvious desert. Luckily though my house was still intact and works like a charm. Even though some parts of it are destroyed. 

" Sigh*... What the hell am I gonna do? I can't sit in the sand and cry all day and my house is damaged which annoys me a lot!" I screamed outside of my house just let out all that pent-up irritation. The dusty winds blowing towards my house made my front yard sandy. Some even went for my eyes which is very infuriating. 

My home was an average townhouse with a small concrete yard from front to back. It is made with red bricks and is two stories high. It was relatively small with a tiny roof attic where we store all the old stuff. This house was passed down by my father who kept the house in good shape. Even when I am the owner I still maintained the house the way it should be. Until this happened. 

"Oh my god... If my father was here. I would be disowned. He would slap my ass and kick me out of the door." I spoke about some things before I went inside. I shook my slippers removing the sand to the ground. I took my broom and swept the sand out of the entrance door. Now I went inside and expected that there would be no electricity. 

"What the?!" I muttered in confusion. In some way or another, the electricity was working. I couldn't believe that I even rubbed my own eyes just to see if I'm not hallucinating. I glanced at the light switch and kept turning off and on my lights." You're kidding me, right? Am I even dreaming?" I questioned myself. It wouldn't be logically possible for the electricity to work. I had to assure if I was becoming delusional or not. I immediately ran to my bathroom which had white tile flooring. Turning on the sink only to see that the water was running. I couldn't believe it, there has to be some sort of sorcery behind or... 

My and my house got Isekaid! It has to be like that! There was no way tapwater would be running. This has to be the specific reason why I'm here. But why did it had to be a desert! They could have landed me and my house at least in a lush forest! 

Problems were piling up and my mind is in a daze. I looked at the mirror just to see my stressed face. My black hair was messy so I washed it just so I could fix my hair. I realized I had to be calm in a situation like this. " Be calm Hanlin... I'm sure the Zoe family house could supply enough food to escape this desert." I assured myself that I would escape this desert. It was an instant decision and there was no plan yet. I took a mouthful of air before heading to my living room. I observed the room before sitting on the couch. 

I laid my head off to the couch. I covered my face with one hand thinking about my plans. " This was sudden... Now I know why my prepper neighbor was always anxious about his life. I could've come prepared."

I relaxed and went to the kitchen to determine the amount of food I would have. I opened my refrigerator and somehow felt colder than my boss. When I put my hands inside the fridge it's as if we're on an ice age. " This wasn't on maximum setting. How come my fridge had become this cold?"

It was to the point that every drink in my cooler was now as hard as ice. I checked my freezer and ice spikes have started growing. The refrigerator was not overheating once I touched the sides. The performance had surprisingly improved a lot. I pondered to myself. "How did this happen?" Deep in thought, I approached the gas stove. I started the stove and a large pillar of fire appeared before my eyes. I screamed in panic and turned off the stove. I was breathing heavily and I spoke to myself. " What the fuck?! I would have died there! I should have used the electric stove!"

Something was going on with my appliances. The refrigerator was colder and the stove released more fire. Bewildered by the events I approached my knife set.

I had theorized that my normal items had enhanced a lot. So I picked a Gyuto and brought out my thawed steak that was meant for my dinner. 

I slowly sliced the steak with ease. When I struck the bone I expected the edge to chip off.

 The bone had a cut on it the Gyuto on the other hand was a lot lighter and tougher than the usual. At this point, I knew something good was happening. I yelled with satisfaction. " Oh my god! Maybe I would survive after all!" I laughed repeatedly until I was out of breath. 

" Oh right! Maybe I should try out gardening... Yeah right, how is that possible." My ideas weren't enough. The desert wasn't capable of growing crops. So Gardening wasn't an option. 

" How do I deal with this problem. Food spoilage is already dealt with. I have Tapwater which is neat..."

Brainstorming for survival was harder than I thought. 

The only solution to my problem was to venture out of the wilderness. I had no experience but this was my only chance. I headed to my room and grabbed my backpack. 

I snatched two sets of clothes from my wardrobe. Both of which are resistant to high temperatures. I wore a mask and goggles if ever a sandstorm were to strike. 

I snatched a large water bottle so that I could store water during my journey. I also brought a compass so that I don't get lost and some snacks to fill up my belly. 

Going up to my attic I grabbed my father's hatchet with a wooden handle and a cap. I opened my windows and looked to the skies. In my compass who someway worked directed the sun to the east. The sky is blue and it seemed to be morning. I had to get back here before midnight.

" So this is just a one-day trek huh? Better bring aboard in case something fin came up." On my hands was a skii board my father bought. It's neat that my father buys a lot of things. However, that would mean hoarding in the attic.

I was finally prepared and went outside of my home. I locked my doors and closed the windows and hoped that no intruder comes. I brought the keys with me so at least if I die the door will be kept locked.

I glanced at my compass and it had shown that the front yard of my house was directed at South. In turn, I forced myself to etch this knowledge within my brain. 

Soon I started my exploration and went East hoping to find fertile land. 

" The dunes here are very high huh?" I walked for about a little high and tried to use the skiboard on the slopes of the dunes. 

My ski board however did not land in the sand rather it floated. It was slowly shining and streaks of white light started to appear. I covered my eyes due to the bright light. With all the upgrades that happened on my house. I became less surprised by it. 

The white light slowly diminished and lines of white light suddenly appeared. The color had suddenly changed to grey and looked futuristic. 

The board now has thrusters on one edge. It slowly circled at me as if asking to be ridden. Putting my legs and the board a strap suddenly appeared. 

It held both of my feet and was stuck on the board. 

"How do I move this?"I asked myself. 

Should I command this board to move forward?

" Uhmmm Move?"

"WOAH!". the skiboard moved on its own. I was scared that I would fall and hit a rock. 

...

It took me a while to get used to it and by the time it did it was already mid-noon. The hottest time of the day. I finally got out of the dunes and got myself into shrubland. I traveled this far thanks to the help of the new and improved Skiboard. 

No, I should call it with a name from now on! 

Hmm

Maybe Hetty would be a good name. 

Yeah, Hetty is a good name...

" Goddamn, this is giving me a heatstroke!"

" Slow down?". I ordered  Hetty. I grabbed my backpack and picked up my large water bottle. Tapwater wasn't tasty but it was the only water source I had. 

Whilst drinking I saw a group of people. No, not just a group it was as if like a nomadic tribe moving to a new land. The strange thing is they don't seem to be residents of the desert. 

They looked like residents from a European country

They had caravans that withstood the heat. Maybe I should approach them...

5