Teleportation failure…. AGAIN.
11 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"That was quick Francisa!" I hear a voice calling out to me. I step off the platform quickly and step aside onto the ground where I proceed to drop onto my back. 
After a few moments of collecting back my sense of self I drag myself to my feet who was that who spoke? Oh it was Instructor Nicole. Urgh I've got a headache still this is such a pain. "I thought you people said you'd fixed the damned portal stone." Looks go around the room as the stone begins to change to a deep scarlet colouration. "SEE!" I yell as they quickly begin carrying things away from me. I won't be stepping onto that damned teleportation ring unless I have to from now on it just is not reliable at all!
"Hmm, it's reacting with something it's not broken someone is shutting it down. You had good timing Francisa. It seems we have an early warning rouse the guards all of them and bring this academy to arms. We have assuredly got incoming." What, it's an attack what in the hell who attack a school for paladins. Actually no a student probably pissed someone or something off not that weird all things considered especially after what I saw earlier in that portal. I mean metal skyscrapers reaching up the peaks and flying hunks of metal? What next someone is going to throw a floating island through the building?
I mean depending on who or what is coming a floating island might make an appearance. "Requlique get the students and adepts to the teleportation stone." 
"Aye sire."
"Oh Francisa you stay here and make sure everyone stays calm until I can get this blasted thing up and running and you lot out of here."
"Yes Sir!"

The first person finally made it back into the room. I wonder what took them so long. Wait is that Nicole what the heck is she doing here. Is that a blade in her side. "What is going on?" I whisper quietly too shocked to yell and also far too frightened. 
"Get on the stone. I'm sending you out of here. At least someone must survive to avenge us." My body jumps onto the stone at her command before I can even think. The stone begins to flash as Nicole begins to glow gold. "The man you meet will know what to do I'm sure."

I scream as Nicole disappears from me I flash through the space that I was in before and begin tumbling through multiple different realms some with towering buildings scraping against the sky others with naught but little shacks and one where the world was cracked and something was crawling out of it. The being opens an eye and begins reaching for me as I'm frozen in place. One of it's tentacles touches me before I seemingly get whisked away again. All kinds of things flash before me this is not right. Not right at all. I flash in front of a man clearly a paladin in armour who looks a little surprised but then he fades away as if something had dragged me away my consciousness fades away.

I wake up resting on a teleportation circle the city around me destroyed. This is clearly not where I was supposed to go. I wonder what happened? I drag myself to my feet looking around the town things are really different here. Wait is that a flying bison? What is this place where am I. I've never heard of anything like this. It looks like a normal town but at the same time it really isn't. The ground shakes underneath me as I get up knocking me back down to the floor. I see the buildings around me begin to crumble under the quakes. Wait were is everyone? Shouldn't there at least be someone around here? 
"Sector -. We've got someone over here." I begin standing up as I see the armoured individual walking towards me. "Stay down. Whoever you are." As he grasps me I fade out of reality again I get back up on my feet the disconcerting flashes of realms passing before me again. The portal dumps me out on the same circle again now with blue lights flashing in and then disappearing again.
"Just so you know that was not me running away it was the damned portal stone."
"Fine I'll believe you for now." What a nice person he grabs my arms and twists them behind my back. Maybe not so nice. " Now let me help you along out of this place no one is supposed to be here."

3