Chapter 2 === Employee(s) Pt.2
34 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Later that night, A young man stumbled down the alley, bleeding from the side as he leaned against a wall. He stumbled, nearly collapsing to the ground, before spotting a door close by. Stumbling in he feel to the ground, much to the dismay of Vu, who was sitting inside. 

"What the hell happened to you?! Jesus you look like your going to die!" Vu said out loud, not sure if the young man was even conscious. Turns out, he was, and spoke blood dripping from his lips. 

"Hel-p me, Pl-ease." He coughed splattering blood onto the floor. 

"I will, in exchange you have to agree to be an employee of mine. Capiche?" Vu spoke with a knowing glint in his eye. 

"I a-gree." the young man didn't even know some of the words Vu said, as his eyes were getting blurry and he fell unconscious.

Vu mumbled under his breath, "Got to stop the bleeding, check for infection, and seal the wound..." He put his hands hovering in front of the young man and murmured a word. 

<<Cure>>

The young an's wound glowed and a small amount of blackish smoke rose up and vanished. Vu looked a bit concerned. "Poison..." He moved onto the next phase of treatment. 

<<Coagulate>>

The blood flow ebbed and eventually stopped, and Vu sighed. "I could solve this easily, but I don't want to waste my mana right now, I still have to maintain the barrier..."

<<Regrowth - Myo>> <<Regrowth - Karatino>>

The wound slowly began to close until it was smooth, not even a scar remained. Vu sighed and cast a simple spell under his breath

<<Levitate>>

The young man's body floated an inch above the ground before slowly floating towards a room. The door opened with an unseen force and the man was sent inside, the door closing behind him. 

"I guess it's time for me to head to bed. Quite an interesting day, finding two talented people, must be fate today." Vu walked upstairs and went into a room. It's door similarly opening and closing upon his entering. 

The small inn was quite, which was normal as it was situated in a small alley, away from the rustle and bustle of the city. The night passed on, and after a while the sun began to light up the sky from the east. The alley, quiet as it was was interrupted by the sound of a cat knocking over some boxes crates, but the noise seemed to not even stir the people in the inn. 

Vu, got up, and made his way back to the counter perfectly on time, taking a seat down right as two doors open simultaneously. The young an rushed out of his room and down the stairs before arriving right in front of Vu, and Sam walked through the Inn door with a pack on her back. 

"Did you save me?!" The young man asked quite loudly, surprising Sam who was standing in the doorway. 

"Alright, Pause right there." Vu put his finger up and shushed him. 

"I did save you, but under the condition that you'd work here. It sounds odd, but you and Sam over there are perfect discipl- I mean... Employees for this Inn." Vu said quickly not letting them ponder the words he had spoken before pulling out two contracts. 

"Both of you, sign your name on the bottom and I will teach you everything you'll need to know." Vu said, with two scrolls of old looking parchment.

"Uh...well you did save my life...even if it was to force me into employment, but I guess I'll sign, I got nothing to lose." The young man said, interestingly he was more happy then he should have been, which made Vu a bit suspicious, but doubling with the fact the man stumbled in after being attacked he must be trying to use the job as cover for something. Vu had already agreed that the young man was too good of a catch to let go so if trouble ever came the young man could deal with it himself.

"I thought it over and this job has a lot of perks that are too good to pass up, I mean, your a guild trainer, either a master or apprentice due to how unknown you are, and I get paid and lodging along with it? Count me in." Sam grabbed the contract and started reading it, in the meantime the young man had already finished signing and the parchment floated into the air. 

"Is it supposed to do that?" Sam noticed and got into a fighting stance, unknowingly still holding onto the contract. 

The contract glowed yellow and flashed before disintegrating into motes of light. Vu closed his eyes and nodded. 

"Ah, so your name is... Eun, Well welcome to Knowledge Inn, Anything you want to know?" Vu said with a smile. 

"Huh? How did you know my name? What just happened to the contract? Why is it called Knowledge Inn? Why..." Eun started before Vu raised his hand to shush him again. 

"I can answer your questions together once Sam here signs her contract. Sam, you can ask about three of the clauses if your still suspicious, but I can't tell you to much until you sign it." Vu said to Sam offhandedly. 

"Ah okay... What does Clause #3 entail?" Sam started asking immediately

"Ah that one. Well, basically you are unable to speak about what I teach you without permission, such as secret recipes etc. etc." Vu responded factually.

"Reasonable I suppose, What about Clause #5?" Sam asked her second question.

"Well as in the name of this inn, I collect books. I have a large library downstairs, and as an employee you will be allowed on certain floors. You are only allowed on the floors I specify if I request a book. If I let you choose a book for yourself it can only be from the floor I allow you on, not lower. Some of the books are old and require tender care and I don't want them to get damaged." Vu said with a serious face, he obviously was telling the truth, and it proved he was passionate about the books he possessed.

"Alright, and I need to ask why for Clause #8." Sam said with a confused look. 

"Oh, It's exactly as it sounds. 'Don't get Distracted' Some of the tasks can be detailed and doing stuff wrong could mess a lot up. Just listen properly and you'll be fine. Alright that was your last question, are you going to sign it?" Vu spoke slowly. 

"I suppose so, can I ask why... Eun's contract disolved?" Sam asked. 

"Nope, not until you sign it." Vu said with his signature mysterious smile. 

"Well, I might as well." Sam put her pen to the paper and wrote down her name and watched as now her parchment floated up and glowed. Her's however glowed in a weird separation of red and black before flying into different directions as it dissolved. 

"Can you answer my questions now?" Eun asked, and Sam seemed to want to know as well. 

"Sure." Vu said

Going to leave it as a cliffhanger, Mainly because I haven't thought out the next chapter very well.

 

 

0