Chapter: 28
271 3 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ank

Shut up and die, trash”, I answered the confused deity, “[Summon: Fake Warpick]”, I conjured, as I dashed behind the still confused [God], and hit it on the head.

My weapon broke immediately upon contact, but once the enemy was so much lighter, it was pushed back anyways; and once again, my summon stroke, slashing the little wooden-man, and passing the target to my sister, who hit it with her flail, this time upwards, throwing the [God] to the skies.

Fine! I was getting hungry already anyways…”, the wooden man’s expression became one of an awful smile, as it continued to approach the skies.

We didn’t flinch.

[Summon: Bennettazhia]”, I conjured one level: [10] pterosaur, and the flying reptile darted towards the [God] while this last one was about to make some spell.

FUCK!”, the small wooden-men cursed, as the beak of my summon caught it right on the chest. As it was falling, it started to conjure again: “[Thor-]”, and it was interrupted again, but this time for Hunah, who jumped for the enemy; no one able to underestimate 402 points in strength; and bashed it a third time, accelerating the fall of the [God], and making a second crater on the ground, nailing the tiny wooden statue another time.

I couldn’t hear the conjuring, our enemy’s head completely dug under the earth, but the effects were evident, and devastating: in a second, an entire forest of stem-like structures covered in thorns sprouted from the ground, shacking and splitting the earth, growing so tall and overwhelming, moving and contorting, that they completely chewed the old house nearby to dust.

My twin sister, still in the air, wouldn’t be able to dodge the incoming mass of thorns; that kept expanding, as destructively as an explosion; and so, as my [Megatherium] carried me away by my cape in its maw, I ordered the flying summon:

Protect Hunah.”

And the pterosaur dived for my sister. Of course, the relatively small flying reptile wouldn’t have enough strength to pull her out of danger, but it didn’t need to: putting itself between the incoming thorns and Hunah, it allowed my sister to reach its back with her feet, and push herself away from the [God]’s attack, even if in the expanse of the life of the summon, her kick exploding a hole in the back of the pterosaur.

When the nest of thorns finally stopped expanding, it passed to contort, compress, and take shape.

Behold, mortals…”, the [God] said, its voice suddenly way deeper, as the mass of thorns took the shape of a 10 meters tall giant humanoid avatar covered in spikes; it took a powerful pose, both palms turned up, as well as its face. “The power of a deit-”

Destroy it”, I ordered the furry summon, as I mounted on its back, and conjured: “[Summon: Fake Spear, Electric]”

The [Megatherium] slashed with its claws on the calf of the giant thorns-creature, breaking away huge chunks that vanished into magic particles soon after, and forcing the [God] to one knee.

You… FUCKING MORTALS!”, the angered deity cried, reaching for me with one of its spikes-covered hands.

While I managed to avoid the mortal grip, jumping away from my mount, the summon was taken away, and sliced all over by the many thorns covering the avatar, at the same time that it had its bones crushed by a strong grip; it died quickly in the hands of the [God]. And, at the same time, I dug my spear into one of the avatar’s feet, and made shock travel through it and reach the smaller and true body of the enemy somewhere inside the nest of thorns.

Gragragra!”, the shivering enemy babbled, until it kicked me away.

[Name: Ank

HP: 214/810]

I immediately lost a huge amount of [Health Points] as the giant and thorn-covered foot of the opponent touched me, and sent me flying away many meters; the godly thorns easily made through my simple leather armor, and made the entire front part of my body into minced meat, so many cuts crossing my chest, face, legs, belly, and arms, that all that was visible was bloody red.

[Warning! Suffering from debuff “bleeding”, -10 [HP] per 5 seconds.]

Before I could even touch the ground, I saw Hunah reaching the enraged [God] yet again, and exploding huge sections of its enlarged avatar away with her flail; to compensate for all the mass lost, the enemy had to move its spiked structures around, and shrunk its armor-like spell.

I touched the ground with 0 grace, and tumbled and rolled around for quite a while before finally stopping. When I got to my feet again, I didn’t hesitate to dash back into the fight immediately.

VOOOOSH!”, the wind roared, and an immense curtain of dust was raised from the ground.

The deity’s body shrunk even more, but then it was because the enemy used a section of its avatar to create a long and spiked whip, with which brushed Hunah away, as well as a dozen trees from the other side of the road, in one move.

Not noticing my approach, it laughed at the image of my then armless twin sister, who lost her dominant hand to the whip:

This is what you get for defying o [God], mortals! Kakaka-! Gragragra”, its laugh became yet another shiver from the electrical shock passing through its body, as I dug my enhanced summoned spear into its leg yet again. “How… How dare you!”

The deity grabbed me with its blade-covered hand and lifted me to its eyes level, as I failed to avoid the grip in my wounded state. The thorns dug deep into my skin, reaching muscle and bone, and right when I thought I was ended, Hunah broke off the avatar’s hand with her flail, brandishing her weapon with her one hand left, freeing me as the spiked mass that kept me in place vanished into magical particles.

I readied my spear, as I fell down right onto the chest of the [God]’s avatar; huge spikes pierced through my feet, but I didn’t care; and dug it a full meter deep into the armor-like magic of my enemy. This time, however, as the opponent’s thorny body shrunk to a third of the original size, the deity detaching the parts that caught on fire, as my electricity spread, [God] failed to keep all the burning away from its avatar.

The deity managed to retaliate one more time with its whip, but I succeeded in jump away in time, differently from before; the attack dug a huge semi-circular trench on the grass-covered plain, dug up and threw rocks from the ground against the jungle, and spread wildfire all around.

Wh- What are you? Are you [High Priests] sent be another [God]? I will change sides, for fuck’s sake, I’m just a [Zemi]! You don’t need to kill me if you want my territory!”, the confidant tone of the [God] from just a minute ago was nowhere to be seen, as it spoke while patting the burning parts of its avatar, trying to put the fire off.

We aren’t here for negotiations, but for your life”, I replied as best as I could without lips, and with blood coming from every surface of my one thousand times punctured body.

[Effect “Fear” inflicted successfully!]

My sister and I lunged yet another time, coldly, against the enemy, the expression on the face of its spiked armor-like spell changed for one of terror.

Screaming incoherently, the deity waved its whip again, the long, and then blazing, weapon spreading even more fire all around, splitting trunks in half, caving tranches, and completely transforming the surroundings. The two of us jumped over the erratic moves with ease, our eyes fixed on a single objective.

Hunah moved first, and threw her spiked flail head against the chest of the [God]’s avatar, and broke the magical structure with reduced size in half, finally revealing the small humanoid statue inside of it once again.

I jumped onto Hunah’s shoulder, and once again towards the enemy, pulling my electric spear back, and tensing my muscles to the maximum.

W- Wait!”, the falling [God[ begged, as my attack was incoming. He then indicated a bunch of spiked fruit things he had in his hands: “I- I’m holding magical grenades which inflict 5 thousand damage each! If you hit me, both of us will die!”

5000? My [HP] was at 86/810, and decreasing. Still, the only thing I thought was how impressive it was that the tinny wooden man was able to say so many words in such a short amount of time.

I pushed my spear forward and against the chest of my enemy anyways.

As the electricity traveled the body of the small deity, and its grenades started to shine in red, it stared straight into my eyes and asked:

Why…?”

Because we hate you.”

Hate.

Hate.

Hate.

Hate.

Hate.

My sister and I hated those who invaded our village, massacred our neighbors, sacrificed our parents, and tortured us for days on end, until we almost died. We hated them, hated hated hated, we never forgot, but the rage grew deeper, darker, inside of us by the day, becoming our core itself, the thing that made us go through immeasurable pain, to keep pushing forward against innumerable incredibly powerful monsters and mortal challenges.

My frozen solid expressionless bloodied expression finally saw some change, as I bared my teeth, and pushed what remained of my eyebrows closer to one another.

[Make: Boss]”, I conjured. Onto my lightning enhancement, for, just like the description of the [make: Boss] spell said, it could be on any summoned thing.

A thunder roared loud, the lightning arched from the body of my still falling enemy to the ground beneath, my attack way more effective than when I used the warpick because of the enhancement, and soon after the wooden body of the [God] cracked with fire sprouting from its insides, a bright orange light shone blinded me, as the grenades exploded.

7