Chapter: 68
157 8 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Thank you to my Patreon: Morpheaus!

 Become a Patreon too, and be always 1  chapter ahead :D
-------------------

Ank

[Perfect Summon Embodiment

Description: Allows the user to temporarily embody all of the characteristics of any of the summons it possesses; the user can temporarily add all of one of the [Attributes] of one of its summons to its own, move the added points to whatever [Attribute] the user wishes, and use temporarily, with 100% efficiency, the chosen summon’s spells/skills.

Duration: 30 Minutes (Shuffling the points around may have a toll in the overall duration of the spell)
Cool Down: 24 Hours

Requisites for unlocking: 1) find oneself in an extreme emotional state, possessing, at the same time, a clear goal, and, yet, no self-preservation intention; 2) Possessing summons to embody; 3) unlocking and learning secret spell: Summon Embodiment.]

Interesting.

“Just like you said, Taffy, putting points in every class tree branch paid off: while normally someone would focus exclusively in summoning monsters, or reviving creatures, or making conjuring weapons to become a warrior, if I hadn’t all of these, I wouldn’t have unlocked this broken spell.”

I asked myself: could I improve it even more?

“Oh, my, thank you!”, The older woman covered her mouth while laughing. “But I meant something more like summoning a flawless army of powerful and armed monsters that marched through earth, wind, and water. It may sound weird coming from me, but I always- no, I learned to believe in the power of numbers a long time ago.”

“…Well, I suppose I should thank you nevertheless.”

Not that I hadn’t thought what Taffy said myself, but a little push was always reassuring when you start to think things like: “Wah~ by now I could have already been summoning creatures this strong, and I would have this amount of [MP] if I had invested all my points in one thing~”

“Oh, speaking of secret spells, I unlocked a new one”, Hunah said, coming from the darkness beyond the bonfire with thumbs up.

And I took a deep breath in relief; I wasn’t checking my [Spells] and [Attributes] for no reason after all, as soon as I woke up, covered from head to toe in bandages, and Taffy told me that Hunah wasn’t by my side, but had gone off to hunt the [Goddess], my heart accelerated, and I was just about to jump after my twin sister, hoping I reached her in time.

My twin sister sent me a [Party] request, and I immediately accepted it, noticing that we were both at the same [Level]:

[Name: Ank

Race: Half (Messenger + Filled Teeth)

General:

Level: 500

Class: Beacon of Summoners

HP: 1002/ 4990

MP: 998 / 12475

SP: 305/2505

Attributes:

Strength: 501

Resistance: 998

Magic: 2495

Perception: 998]

[Name: Hunah

Race: Half (Messenger + Filled Teeth)

General:

Level: 500

Class: Army of One Woman

HP: 2505 / 4990

MP: 1004 / 2505

SP: 5040 / 12475

Attributes:

Strength: 2495

Resistance: 998

Magic: 501

Perception: 998 ]

Still, once I saw her completely fine, what she said finally settled in, and I was forced to say:

“You’re kidding me”, I replied, staring at my twin sister deadpan.

“Nope: [Secret Skill: Inventory]”, she said, and a mall green window appeared beside her. She shoved a hand inside of it, the limb disappearing as if entering a pocket dimension, and pulled out a green stone the size of a head, which she threw onto my lap.

“Oh, wait: it is a head”, I held the amputated head of the [Emerald Goddess] herself, Umi. It was weird. I felt…

“Oh, my? Are you sad? Do you regret the path you chose? Did revenge not fill the void in your heart? Will you buy a house in the countryside and past the rest of your life making incest babies now?”, Taffy asked.

And, while the mention of “incest babies” made me surprisingly aroused (she knew, hu?), I laughed, shaking my head from one side to another, before replying:

“What are you talking about? Revenge is second only to siblings' incest. I just think it’s a bummer I wasn’t there when she died. But well, I think it’s only fair considering I ended the [High Priest] by myself too”, I tossed the head in the fire, before turning to the retired adventurer, and concluding, gelid, eyes unfocused as I imagined the massacre to come myself, not differently of how I woke up after my usual nightmares: “I won’t stop until there’s not a single deity alive.”

We won’t”, Hunah added, looking just as darkly determined as I… Though she was slowly taking the head back from the fire as she spoke. “I want to know if I can make some item with this”, she whispered, explaining, half-smiling apologetically for kinda ruining the cool moment.

“Good”, Taffy nodded. “Kill all of them, off all types, from the weakest to the strongest. Your revenge shall know not rest until you’re the only ones called all-mighty in this universe”, the older woman agreed, sounding serious, stern, for the first time since we met her.

The bonfire itself almost died and threw us in darkness as she made us nod with her stare-of-closed-eyes, my twin sister and I swearing total [God] extermination.

And immediately after this, something appeared right above our heads, something unimaginably strong, so strong it felt invincible.

As Hunah and I jumped up and stared upwards, however, there was nothing there, only the 800 stars, fireflies, and the night clouds.

“What… was that?”, I asked, whipping the sweat from my forehead, and falling back on the stump I was using as a seat, suddenly noticing how amazingly weary that wave of… aura (?) made me. The animals and insects, and even the grass and trees of the wild went silent during that second.

“Nothing that you should worry about for now”, Taffy replied, hands shaking… But with a smile much different from the one she usually showed us, one almost disgusting. “Just an ignorant hypocritical trash.”

“Ah, Taffy is looking like a villain~”, Hunah said, deadpan, pointing at the older woman with her index finger.

“She’s just using us~”, I did just like my twin sister.

“Oh, my!’, Taffy snapped back to her usual self, hiding her face embarrassingly. “How rude of me, bad-mouthing someone, even if a worthless vermin, like that! How embarrassing!”

“She’s not denying the evil origins of her rumbles…”, Hunah and I pointed at the same time, half smiling.

“Oh, my, now that Umi is dead, however, there’s something you should know”, Taffy changed topics. “Remember when I said [Gods] take invasion of their territories quite seriously? Well, they also take invading other’s territories seriously. And, in their eyes, this kingdom now has a ‘vacant’ god-ruler spot.”

“A full take over of an entire kingdom…?”, I pondered.

I had heard about such a thing before, but conquests were relics of the past, from when the Silverange Empire still expanded limitlessly. Sure, quick incursions to villages and towns were relatively common, neighboring kingdoms did it all the time along their borders, to take sacrifices, but would this invasion be the same thing?

“So, will they just rush to the capital and declare that this area is now theirs?”, Hunah asked, probably with similar questions popping in her mind.

“No”, the older woman moved her head from one side to another, in negative. “It will be a total massacre: the invading armies probably won’t leave a single living soul behind, all will be sacrificed. They are competing with another [Gods], after all, if they come to directly clash for territory with one another, they can easily throw around attacks that burn hundreds, or thousands of [Levels] at once, after all.”

How many people there were in Umi’s territory again? One hundred thousand? One hundred and thirty thousand?

Everyone would be killed.

Ah, I thought about this quite a long time ago, but that's why the [Gods] keep sending people to even villages that are constantly attacked, right? To not show weakness and get invaded.

“…How big must be an army to do such a thing?”, I finally asked.

Hunah and I were strong, I knew it then, but a large army could mean an equally large area they could cover, and the two of us couldn’t be at all places at the same times.

“They can number tens, maybe hundreds of thousands”, Taffy shrugged. And my eyes widened, and I gaped, flabbergasted; would that land be painted red? “However, this situation is pretty much an exception: I guarantee you that no one was expecting Umi to die so suddenly, probably none of her neighboring kingdoms has an army this big prepared to fight; plus, their god-kings know that they don’t have much time to waste, that they’re competing with each other. They will quickly put up a band of a few thousand and try to take whatever they can before someone else does it. There will be, maybe, twenty thousand soldiers coming in, counting the three armies of the three neighboring kingdoms as one.”

Fuck. If I could, at least send my summons further away from me than a few meters only…!

“But, you shouldn’t be worrying about the numbers of faceless low ranking barefoot no-ones right now” Taffy continued. “The reason why [Gods] don’t go around invading one another is that because a single [Level: 500] being can easily wipe out dozens of low leveled enemies with each attack. What you should be focusing on right now are-”

“The [Gods]”, Hunah and I interrupted the retired adventurer in unison.

“Oh, my, yes”, the older woman hid her laugh under a palm.

If we killed those who ordered the bloodshed, their men would probably stop… I understood quite well the implied domino effect that killing yet more Intermediate [Gods] (Taffy talked to me about them) would cause, but my twin sister and I had decided to dedicate ourselves to that cause already, hadn’t we?

“But not only the incoming invading Intermediate [Gods] shall be the only ones who you two should aim for.”

“The local Lower [Gods]. I remember the first one we killed, and even the one inside the temple of the Cloud Fortress City, they both were disposed to change sides… They will help in the slaughter without hesitating, won’t they?”, Hunah pointed.

“Yes, they will help the closest Intermediate [God], and kill as much as they want too. And there should be many dozens of them just in this kingdom.”

I got up.

As my twin sister and Taffy looked at me, I walked a few steps away from our camp: the sun started to shine its first rays just beyond the horizon.

“Then, there’s no reason to keep waiting here”, I reached for the bandages covering my face, and pulled them away, letting the bloodied cloth fall on the grass. “We have [Gods] to kill, and we are the [Godslayers Party], aren’t we?”, I liked the sound of it, and then, there was no way we could be our intentions hidden anymore.

---------------

Can't be a Patron, but want to donate? I made a Paypal!

...But I couldn't make one of those fancy "donate buttons". If you send anything to "[email protected]", though, I should receive it (and, maybe, finally get an artists to draw a decent cover)!
.

.

.

And I don't usually access this email account, but, who knows? If you don't want to create a second Scribble Hub account, or leave any traces that you're reading this behind, but still want to say something, send me a message!

5