Chapter: 77
104 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Thank you to my Patron: Morpheaus!
Become a Patron too, and be always 1 chapter ahead!
Or donate through Paypal: [email protected]

:D


Ank

It took the floating stone heads a second or two to finally react to my arrival, so, by the time the first of them had started to conjure a [Spell] I was already right before it:

“[Rock Sph-!]”, the [Ol-Head] started, before I interrupted it by punching with my two hands straight through its forehead.

“ROOOAR!”, I yelled with all my dozens of mouths marking my entire transformed body, and pulled my fists apart, splitting the enemy in two, and hurling each separate part against a different companion of the deity, diminishing their [HP] considerably.

As the four remaining Lower [Gods] shot their [Spells] at me once I fell back on the ground, I dodged a pair of them, then extended my hands towards the immense projectiles, and stopped the last two, digging my clawed gloves and empowered fingers into the rock. Then I hurled the [Spells] back, and with even more strength behind the attack: the counter exploded two more [Ol-Heads] to fragments.

I didn’t need to fight the last pair of floating stone heads, as they flew away from the battle, screaming.

“…Mortal”, the Intermediate [God], Aipaec said, frowning. His hands tightened into fists, as he broke the wooden hand rests of his seat. “I will never let you die”, he continued, getting up, and stepping towards my blood-soaked and transformed form. “I don’t care how much money and power it will take, but I will turn you and your whore into immortals… And will personally torture you for all eternity”, he concluded, stopping just a few steps away from me.

And the battlefield fell into complete silence: all eyes were set on the two of us; the fight that would determine the destiny of that war.

“Hu~? And what kinds of tortures will you apply?”, I asked, tilting my head. As the Intermediate [God] was taken by surprise, and didn’t seem to know how to react to my question, I explained: “You know, so I can properly pay you back to every shit you’ve done. I’m not really good with all this ‘being evil and causing pain’ thing, like you, [Gods], seem to be”, I shrugged.

Growling, face twisted by rage, the Intermediate [God] jumped for my head, all claws, and teeth.

“SWUSH!”, the blade cut cleanly.

And the fingers of the Aipaec fell on the ashes-covered ground, and he only managed to swipe me with bloody stubs, hurting more himself than me.

“U- Uh?”, he looked confused at his both hands. And only then noticed Hunah, holding the massive two-handed battle axe, to who I opened the way through the army.

He committed a mistake in taking his eyes away from me.

Taking advantage of the enemy’s distraction, I punched him in the left forearm, breaking it instantly.

After all, I was a [Level: 550], with 5.500 points, PLUS 4.000 points from the summon I was embodying, basically doubling my power, and with the correct shifting of embodied points, I was almost just as strong as someone who focused 100% in [Strength] and [Resistance], while still commanding a summoned small army of relatively powerful summoned monsters. Of course, I could also go the other way around, and summon a large army of very powerful creatures, and get just a little more battle fitting myself.

“Gah!” As the Intermediate [God] yelled, spinning from the hit on his arm. “Guh!”, He stopped as Hunah punched his face with her gloves of dragon scales with such a power, one of his eyes flew away. “ENOUGH!”, the Intermediate [God] screamed, and sent my twin sister and I back with a spinning kick. “[HIGH PRIEST!]”, he screamed again, and the masked man all in white from before (who was hiding behind the litter during the fight, apparently) showed up, extended his hands, and used some kind of healing magic.

The fingers and claws of Aipaec grew up quite easily and quickly, and his arm snapped back in place almost immediately, but I noticed his eye probably would take months to regenerate.

“[Cosmic Children!]”

[Species: God, Type: Intermediate

Level: 600+400]

Aipaec size grew larger and larger, muscles bulging, claws and teeth becoming sharper, longer; he used his extra [Levels] to improve all of his capabilities instead of concentrating everything in a single attack.

It was time to get serious.

“[Weapon Soul, Not-Decorative]”, Hunah moved her cape, and the dragon feathers stitched in it shone in red, and flew against the enemy, who stopped them with its arm, the feathers digging in like a hundred daggers.

“All of you: kill him”, I pointed my index finger towards the [God], and all of my still alive summons jumped onto the Intermediate [God]; the Lower deities having already given up in fighting us, as well as the rest of the mortal soldiers.

Aipaec roared, trashed dinosaur after dinosaur, tearing the limbs of the beasts, and breaking their bones one after another, and he tanked the [Spells] of my [General] with his own empowered body, the heavy [Rock Spheres] shattering against his form. Between annihilating hundreds of mindless minions, and tanking or avoiding their waves of attacks, Hunah slipped in the mountain of summoned metal and monsters, and slashed, bashed, and struck.

The [Health Points], as well as the extra [Levels] of the Intermediate [God] were slowly chipped away.

But it seemed he had much greater reserves of power than expected, because he kept adding more and more [Levels] to his own as soon as they decreased too much:

[Species: God, Type: Intermediate

Level: 600+400]

[Species: God, Type: Intermediate

Level: 600+340]

[Species: God, Type: Intermediate

Level: 600+120]

[Species: God, Type: Intermediate

Level: 600+450]

“GRAAAAH!”, Aipaec jumped backward, covered in light scratches, panting. “[HIGH PRIEST]! [Health] and [Stamina] healing!”, he shouted again for his support.

Who, of course, I had already gotten to; I wouldn’t just stay put and watching until the much stronger [God] inevitably won over us; Hunah at [Level: 550], my [General] at [Level: 600], and about 400 [Level: 50] dinosaurs were but an annoying hindrance to someone with such unbelievable power, after all.

The [High Priest] laid on the ground, all limbs broken in multiple parts and twisted. I had beat him until he couldn’t heal himself anymore, but, of course, I made sure to keep him alive, even going out of my way to pull off his teeth so he wouldn’t be able to commit suicide by biting off his tongue.

As the [God] looked over his shoulder, once he got no response from his [High Priest], Hunah appeared attacking again, this time with a huge spiked club.

“How many weapons do you have, woman?!”, the Aipaec quickly turned around, his [Perception], at that point, just too high so we couldn’t really surprise him.

“I ask myself the same thing”, I answered him, approaching and sending a punch against his back. Even if he was un-winnable at the moment, we still had the power to at least keep him occupied for long enough that his extra energy would run off eventually.

“You two…!”, The Intermediate [God], managed to block both our attacks with his forearms, even if he got a little damage.

“Do you think I don’t know what you’re doing?!”, He screamed. “You treat me like an idiot who would waste all of his power before getting to your necks. But you’re wrong: I’ll end this here and now, mortals!”

[Species: God, Type: Intermediate

Level: 600+1.000]

The intermediate god seemed to use all the energy he had stored, and more than doubled his own power.

And, as promised, he put everything he had in the next hit: aiming five of his claws at my heart, he dashed with all the overwhelming speed of someone with, effectively, [Level: 1.600].

So, Hunah and I replied in the same manner, and I used of the most straining ability of my [Perfect Summon Embodiment], and shifted my points around. All of the extra 4.000 of them. Every single one moved to the [Resistance] [Attribute], which reached an amazing [Resistance: 5198], as I crossed both my arms over my heart.

The dash of Aipaec set him on fire, and the resulting impact of the two of us, pushed the earth and rock away from us, from beneath our feet faster than we could fall, making us effectively float on a semi-spherical crater; and the shock wave raised all of the ashes and dust, cadavers and disembodied limbs laying around, cleaning the entire battlefield of everything that wasn’t firmly holding onto the ground.

Still, the difference in our power was just too great: those claws pushed through the scales of my armor, and the hardened skin, muscle, and bones of my arms, as I hold them in an “X” over my heart. I could only ever so slightly hold the Intermediate [God] back.

But, to slow down Aipaec a couple of seconds was all that I intended from the beginning.

As those natural blades started to dig into my chest, a green blur hit the Intermediate [God], a fast-moving laser. And, in a blink of an eye, the deity was pushed away from me, carried away by the sudden impact.

With the corner of my eyes, I could see Hunah standing with a sling, for she had just hurled Umi’s head as a rock. She hasn’t found anyone to work the head into a piece of proper equipment, but, inspired by our fight with the Lilly-Monster, when we ranked up to 80th Rank, and the emerald [Goddess]' trick that used a piece of herself against Hunah, she discovered that the disembodied limb of a dead [God] made an incredibly powerful weapon, outclassing by far any other of her items when it came to damage. Well, I supposed it made sense: if scales of a dragon were good for protection, the head of a [God] made a good projectile.

In any case, the green laser went all the way to the carbonized skeleton of the forest, and broke through a dozen darkened tree trunks, before exploding in a thunderous disaster.

I jumped off the crater caused by the enemy attack, flexing my fingers and making sure that I could at least properly move my left hand. Frowning, I noticed:

[Perfect Summon Embodiment:

Time Left: 10 minutes]

“And he hasn’t died yet…”, I commented, sighing. After all, we surely would [Level Up] at least once this battle ended.

“He’s tougher than we thought, for sure”, Hunah added, as we started to march to the explosion point, to where our enemy should be.

“Nah, in these past few days the guy must have at least doubled his sacrificial energy reserves. On any other day, we’d be able to take him out without much trouble”, I replied.

“Fucking [Gods], man… What do you think are the chances that they will all have a heart attack and die at once?”

“I know how you feel, sister, I definitely do”, I said, patting my twin sister’s head over her helmet. “I, too, want to pass the rest of my days lazying around inside a huge mansion, with servants feeding me, just reading and watching shit the entire day. But this is only one more reason why we should exterminate every deity off the face of this planet!”, I lectured. “Then we surely can achieve this totally tranquil and easy life without any problems.”

“Hu~ I see, so we’re mixing this corrosive hatred that keeps us awake every night, and makes us bear through immeasurable pain, our revenge-seeking selves, with our past life’s goal of a life without problems”, Hunah looked pensive.

“Yeah.”

“Cool”, she raised her thumbs up, smiling at me. Right when we got to the burned and crushed shape of Aipaec crawling away from the charred ground on which stood Umi’s head, still hot.

Of course, he would have been able to dodge the attack if he had focused on it, or even tanked the thing if he had used his extra [Levels] to increase his [Resistance], plus we would be risking pushing him to his limits and use all of his power at once from the beginning of the fight if we had revealed that ace from the beginning.

Either way, he seemed to have heard our talk, and stared at us in disbelief, eyes widened, and burned body shaking.

“’Wipe all the deities off the face of this planet’, you say?”, Aipaec quoted. “THIS IS SACRILEGE, YOU LESSER BEINGS!”, he screamed, but in conflict to the defying tone of his voice, he seemed to have concentrated all the last bit of his [Strength] in one arm, once his legs were all bent and twisted, and hurled himself away from us like a shooting star.

“Shit”, I cursed, as I re-arranged my extra points once again; bearing the shocking pain that the sudden and massive moving of power through my being caused every time, and the increasingly intense draining (the increase of [Resistance] from before not being without price); and jumped after the fleeing deity. “I won't be able to catch him?”, apparently, however, Aipaec was despaired enough to completely destroy his arm to use [Strength] way beyond what his own [Resistance] and body could support, and was getting further and further away from us by the second.

Hunah, having spent all her long-ranged weapons dealing with the flying creatures who tried to attack the city from above, followed me in a jump too.

“There’s no way I’d ever let you escape: [Rule Bender]”, I conjured a stream of flying monsters ahead of me, and sent them as quickly as possible after the flying away deity. And the monsters surely were fast enough to catch Aipaec. But the target so so far from me already, that the summons disappeared in particles of magic when they got closer to him.

Ah, I hated it~

I hated it so much. Even more than labyrinths, and I absolutely hated labyrinths (they make you walk so much more than you actually need, it’s so bothersome).

If that guy escaped, he probably would go even more psycho than he already was, to stock up more sacrificial energy to defeat us next time; many more people would suffer the ire of the [Gods], just like Hunah and I had suffered. That was unacceptable (differently from labyrinths, which were tolerable if made by a cute solitary Dungeon in which I lost my virginity with my twin sister).

So I pushed even more [Magic Points] into my [Spell] instead of giving up, as the almost defeated [God] put more and more distance between us: birds, pterodactyls, and weird flying creatures slang themselves after the fleeing deity in a spiraling tunnel of feathers, leather and whatever else impersonated them, just to disappear in thousands of green particles of light. But, as dozens of summons vanished because of the distance, I noticed, the creatures I created became able to advance just a little bit further before evaporating away. As my [MP] quickly diminished, I passed to summon weaker and weaker creatures, but kept the flood going, and as hundreds of summons died, thousands of creatures threw themselves onto their deaths, there was finally a breakthrough:

[Secret Passive Skill unlocked, and automatically learned: “Distant Command”!]

“GWUAH?!”, the Intermediate [God] screamed in surprise, as a hundred low-leveled birds flocked all over its body, picking and scratching. Then, then summons suddenly blinked in red, their damage increased, and there was nothing the deity could do, both legs and arms were broken; his cries didn’t last long, and soon the messages started to flow:

[You leveled up!]

[You leveled up!]

[You leveled up!]

...

I fell on the ground, panting, because my [MP] was exhausted, and because I had only 7 minutes of [Perfect Summon Embodiment] left, and had moved too many points around. Nevertheless, there was one more thing I just needed to do: I caught up with the fallen Intermediate [God] body.

“[Dissection]”, I learned how to summon the dead enemy.

“[Inventory]”, Hunah stored away the cadaver. “…Hey, I learned a new secret skill”, she commented.

“Hmpm”, Crossing my arms, I raised my chest and pointed my nose up. “Yeah? Me too.”

“Oh~ Congratulations, you have, what? Two now? Want me to share some?”

“Uh? Share?”, I stepped back and away from Hunah. “Who are you? What have you done with my twin sister?”, she playfully slapped my arm. “…By the way, I have three [Secret Spells] now, only one less than you.”

“Yeah, yeah, sure, cool. Anyway, I’m kinda hungry after all this fighting, let’s go back to the city already, they must have found some food by the barracks of the defeated army now.”

“Wait, don’t you have, like, a ton of food in your [Inventory]? Why can’t you just grab something from there?”

“No, those I’m storing for emergencies.”

“Food exists to be eaten; you know, like sisters.”

“Hu”, She laughed. “But foods are consumables, Ank, once you eat them, they’re gone forever; I can’t just waste them whenever I feel like, only during the most necessary moments.”

“They’re gonna spoil, Hunah.”

“[Inventory]’s description says things don’t spoil inside of it.”

“…Whatever, you’re literally storing corpses inside of this space, the food has probably already gotten contaminated with some weird disease. Don’t give it to the refugees anymore, okay?”

“How rude”, Hunah started. “That’s not how this [Skill] works; besides, why are you acting so superior when-”, Hunah’s antics were cut short, by a sudden gash of killing intent.

My twin sister and I jumped away from the incredibly powerful aura, and as I checked the green screen with a count down marking 5 minutes of [Perfect Summon Possession] remaining, I chug down my only [MP] potion. With one of my many eyes, I saw Hunah, too, taking her one [SP] potion. Unsurprisingly, after all, if that wasn’t an emergency, I didn’t know what was:

The man with a bat mask my twin sister and I met back when were questing to rank up, stood before us, his [Level: 797] proudly displayed. And by his tightened fists, and violent aura, which exhaled wish for blood, he wouldn’t be as pleasing and helpful as the last time we met him.

“This is my fault. I thought you two had only a grudge against some random weakling Lower deity, but to dare killing even Intermediate [Gods]…”, he stepped forward. “What if you, someday, swear to take down the Highest [Gods]? To go against Lord Tezmont himself?! …UNFORGIVABLE!”, he screamed.

And Hunah and I were hurled back with extreme violence, our bodies breaking through tree trunks, and digging trenches in the earth.

“THEY CREATED US! THEY CREATED THIS WORLD! SHOW SOME RESPECT!”, The bat masked man shouted again and again, slowly walking after as his voice attacked our bodies somehow; our [HP] quickly ran down:

[Name: Ank, HP: 3090/5990]

[Name: Hunah, HP: 3087/5990]

Finally, the bat masked man stood right over my twin sister and I, as we crawled off a hole in the ground, caved by our own figures being thrown left and right by the powerful voice; for some reason, it was nigh impossible to move when under the sonic attack. The bat masked man took a deep breath, and I pulled my fist back, and Hunah readied herself to pounce at the same time.

“DI-” As all of our attacks were about to shock, however, the newcomer enemy was interrupted, and hurled away from us by a powerful fist. One covered in scars.

4