Chapter: 91
91 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Thank you to my Patron: Morpheaus, and RTB!
Become a Patron too, and be always 1 chapter ahead!

https://www.patreon.com/trashwithglasses
Or donate through Paypal: [email protected]

:D
--------------------

Ank

I still had about 17 minutes of [Perfect Summon Embodiment: Proto-God], so, plenty of time to deal with the 3rd Guild Master.

“Guh!”, the enemy grunted as he blocked my claws with his own; as he was pushed back, his feet left deep trenches in the ground. “Kah!”, he yelled, as my twin sister slashed his back open with an axe. “You fools… Do you really think that the guild is on your side?! They’re just using you! And, in the end, they will throw you away like trash!”

“No, you fool”, Hunah replied, jumping onto the enemy once again, putting cuts all over his arms and legs.

“Do you really think that we care about the guild?”, I added, kicking the 3rd guild master through a wall, into a room full of golden statues. “We just want to kill all the [Gods].”

“…Fine”, the eagle-masked man unstuck himself from a massive golden heart, he ended up embedded in. As the cracks on the wood armor (?) that covered his body started to lit incandescent, sparks flying all around him, he added: “I’m actually glad you two are so ignorant” His body finally caught completely on fire, the eyes of his wooden mask turning white-hot, he concluded: “This way it will be okay for me to avenge my [Party]!”

Soon after, the golden heart the 3rd Guild Master was partially inside started to spill fire from its shiny arteries, the entire room was taken over by flames, and Hunah and I managed to escape just before all the golden statues melted down, and a tsunami of liquid metal washed over the place.

From the waves of melted gold that invaded the palace’s corridors, the eagle-masked man jumped at us, reinvigorated, and my twin sister and I had to take the defensive for the first time during that fight:

“Huh!” I kicked a large tile on the ground, raising it up.

“[Weapon Touch, Weapon Soul]”, Hunah used the secret skill she learned when we fought our first [Apacheta], and enchanted the piece of rock with the red aura that enhanced the damage it dealt, before she punched the thing, and sent it flying against the eagle masked man.

“Useless!”, he sliced through the tile with his burning claws.

However, I was on the other side of the projectile, and hit the 3rd Guild Master with my elbow right on top of his head, nailing the top of his body into the ground.

“Wrong again” I answered the enemy, noticing his Health Points decreasing:

[HP: 21.952/55.223]

“No, you are!”, The voice came from underground, quickly followed by the arching feet of the 3rd Guild Master in a scorpion kick, as his toes had also grown magically sharp nails.

The shining blades sliced through my shoulders, chest, and neck all over, and as I gushed blood all around, I had to jump away from another attack by the eagle-masked man, who freed himself from the ground.

We still had the advantage, though. For, differently from the opponent, Hunah and I were not fighting alone: my twin sister jumped in, and threw a blood-red net over the 3rd Guild Master, the capillaries of the [Proto-God]. My twin sister kept him still, as I wouldn’t be able to follow his movements once I re-arranged all of my [Attributes], bringing [Magic] and [Perception] to a single point; all of my senses becoming less sharp than that of a commoner I felt almost disconnected from the world outside my own thoughts; and boosting my [Strength] and [Resistance] as high as possible.

Noticing my instance; my wounds regenerating quickly, my tight and pulled back fist emitting such strength that every vibration of my limb caused intense winds, strong enough to cut through the rock walls of the palace, my muscles bulging out, veins pulsing intensely; the eagle-masked man tried to resist more desperately, he scratched the net, kicked it with his toenails, shot lasers from his beak against it, but all he managed to do was to inflict small damage to the tool.

“Do you think you’re any better than I am?! You idiots! The [Gods], the Guild, they’re the same! I just chose the side that would allow me and my friends to live! The Guild will feed you EXP like cattle to the slaughter, just so they can harvest you later!”, the eagle-masked man yelled at me, and I couldn’t tell if he had already given up. “I- I wanted my friends to live! I just wanted those idiots to live. And you took them from me…”

Without saying a word, I attacked, discharging all the potential energy of, effectively, a [Level: 1451] form of mine, enhanced by the [Proto-God] power, with 7250 points relocated to [Strength]. It was still only half the of what the 1st guild master had, but to survive my own punch was part of my strategy, and I still could do a lot of damage:

Once my arm moved forward, followed by a sonic boom, the air before it was incinerated, the ground, walls, and ceiling melted away, and the floor beneath me gave in. I couldn’t really comprehend what was going on, once I had to reduce my [Perception] so as to withstand that punch, and only once I was safe, and re-adjusted my points back to normal, I know that I had nailed myself tens of meters in the ground by trying to keep my feet still on the floor while punching.

Crawling off the hole I made, I came into a half-crumbled palace. Literally: the entire east section of the place had disappeared, only scorched earth remained, and a smoking trench that went on for a hundred meters.

“Damn~ You almost killed me too, you know?”, Hunah walked away from her hiding spot, and approached the point where the enemy once stood.

“Sorry, I’m really not used to having single-digit [Perception] anymore. It was like being deaf, blind, and completely insensitive.”

“Well, whatever, you managed to save his head, and cool magical mask, so I don’t mind”, Hunah happily picked the (miraculously) intact 3rd Guild Master’s head of the ground.

“Yes, I did it on purpose”, I lied. “But, anyway: priorities, hu?”, I really couldn’t understand her obsession…

“Wait… Hu?”, my twin sister struggled, trying to remove the mask off the head. “No, no, no, this can’t be serious, right? Right?!”

“What's the deal?”, confused, I looked at the mutilated head:

[Species: Wooden-Man, Level: 899

HP: 0/55.223]

“Oh…”

“Th- The mask was a lie”, Hunah fell down on her knees, opaque eyes staring into nothingness, as she left the head roll away.

“I’ll get you some magical mask later”, I promised, patting my twin sister’s head.

Then:

“BOOOM”, a gush of wind coming from my back almost plucked me from the ground and hurled me away; a bright orange light overpowered the dim blue of the lightning overhead. The remaining half of the palace, too, disappeared in an explosion.

“Looks like Kon is also about to finish his business”, I said, as the column of hundreds of meters ascended to the skies. And, not long after, the churned, and broken figure of the Death [God] came falling from the skies; at this point, the deity was more made of the blue energy that filled up his missing parts, than his actual real body. It was impressive that the deity was still alive.

Falling onto a burned pile of rubles, the barely alive [God] crawled away from the explosion between an attack of coughs. A 1st Guild Master covered in wounds followed him, walking of the curtain of black smoke that his own attack created.

“Shit! Shit! It wasn’t supposed to things go this way!”, the deity cursed, the small blue flames that made his eyes flickering, giving the deity an almost insane look. “I’m- I’m a death [God]! The second strongest type! Just a few more thousands of years under that manipulative fucker, and I’d be back in my prime!”

“A mere shadow, who thinks of itself as the deepest darkness”, Kon replied, finally reaching the [God], and raising a foot, ready to crush the enemy’s head.

“Just a few more millenniums, and I wouldn’t need to resort to this humiliation!”, the deity concluded, and resting both hands on the ground, inserted a huge amount of magic into the ground, the blue energy spreading through the burned earth like pulsing veins, shaking the entire fake world, and taking the 1st Guild Master, whose [Perception] (and consequently the sense of balance) was so low, off-balance.

Hunah and I tried to kill the [God] before he finished his obviously dangerous spell, and jumped after the deity, but before we could reach him, the ground beneath us all split open, and a giant skeletal hand came forth, from the depths of that artificial world, and punched us, twins, away. And it was like I haven’t been hit in quite some time: I managed to quickly move my arms to protect myself, but once the hit connected, the loud snapping of my limb’s bones shattering was audible, and the sickly pressurizing pain of internal organs being crushed to jam made me cough cups of blood from my mouth, nose, and eyes as I flew back through the storm stained skies, the air whistling while passing fast by my ear.

My back hit first the plains of cracked gray clay, and from there I bounced like a ball kicked too hard to a mountain of skulls, which was half-collapsed by the impact of my body.

“Sh- Shit”, I cursed, trying to get back up without the help of my arms, spitting the blood that kept coming to my mouth. “Blood coming to the mouth is not a good thing”, yeah, usually it meant you’re as good as dead. “Hunah?”, I searched for my twin sister; she landed in some kind of lava fountain, and had a leg and an arm broken, but was alive. Focusing back on the gigantic skeletal hand that inflicted so much damage on us, I asked myself: “What the hell is that?”

Once I read the displayed text on the green box over the enemy’s limb, I wish I hadn’t ever discovered:

[Name: Deon, Species: (Dean and Don Abomination) Undead Aberration]

It was our heroes, the siblings who killed the five death [Gods] in the story Taffy told us.

Or should I say, the heroes who killed 4 out of the 5 [Gods]?

2