Ducor Chordis – Second Half
29 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Our visit to the carpenter’s guild was quite brief, as most of the guildsmen were summoned to perform maintenance on the Princess’ fleet docked at the harbor.

We did manage to talk to the guildsman and look through the furniture briefly, choosing one decorated by flower patterns for Fiora and a simple one for me.

When we finally got out of the guild, we found the artisans’ district in a bit of a rush, since it seemed like the recently arrived entourage had made quite a few commissions.

Because of that, we had to squeeze ourselves out of the place in the midst of yelling workers and guildsmen rushing with materials in and products out.

I had originally planned to take a look around for some products I wanted to buy, but it couldn’t be helped since there was no way any of them would have time for someone like me at the moment.

Since we were already out in the downtown area of the city, I decided to swing by a place where the both of us could eat some food.

I chose a simple eatery we had visited quite a lot in the past days, since it was a place we were already regulars and they let us run a tab.

We began to have our meal normally for about twenty minutes until I noticed someone speaking to one of the staff with a very nervous expression at the door.

After that exchange, the staff went to the back and called up other waiters that proceeded to visit the tables, after which the patrons in them were guided out.

I remained silent since I just assumed we would be called too, but I somehow felt like I had seen this pattern before.

After all the tables were emptied, a very familiar face and voice greeted us.

“This seat is empty, right?”

It was the old man that commissioned us for our last quest, Sinică. Though this time he seemed to be in a more formal attire, despite this being quite a humble eatery.

The man didn’t wait for any answer from me before taking his seat at the opposite side of the table and making himself comfortable.

“So, what is it this time?”

“Hoo…? Direct to the topic? Aren’t you going to run your mouth like last time?” The old man scoffed.

I could feel a slight headache beginning to form, but let it slide for now. “Ah, I just am on a tight schedule right now, so I’d appreciate it if this was quick.”

“Ah, I can’t say I don’t understand you. After all, reforming a house is a strenuous affair, isn’t it?”

“How di-”

“In either case, the job this time is fortunately quite the easy one. Just a small messenger job.”

He pulled up a book and a large bottle of something and put it on the table in front of us. “Those are from my personal collection, so I was thinking about gifting them away since they’ve been mostly collecting dust. The book is… yes, a very mundane book. I was thinking about making it a donation in the name of the Princess.”

“And the bottle is…?”

“A good wine for a good friend. You’ll find him loitering about in some end of the world island out there. You don’t need to worry about transportation, since my ship is already prepared to depart. I just needed a delegate to send this in my stead.”

“Hmmm… I understand… Ah, wait, do I need to write some sort of report on this book? I’m not exactly a speedy reader.”

“Mnn…? Ah, no need. Just make sure to hand it over with this.” He slipped a small badge with three flowers engraved in a triangle formation. “I’m sure the staff won’t find a problem with accepting it.”

“I’ll take your word on it.”

“Now, if we’re done here, I would like to ask that you hurry and go right now. Can’t make my men wait for long. Plus I booked this place for a meeting.”

Is he really kicking us out right now?

“Well, I thought your meeting was with me, no?”

“No, it’s with a way more bothersome character than you could ever be. Ah, speak of the devil.” Sinică looked over my shoulder and towards the door, staring at someone who had just arrived.

When I looked back to see, it was a man who could easily be described as a wild giant. Messy dark brown hair and wild golden eyes staring at me and a coat of white lion fur hanging on his shoulders.

“I thought I told you to wait for me to call for you.” The old man scowled at the giant.

“I don’t like waiting.”

“I don’t care for your likes and dislikes, this is a matter of basic manners.”

“...”

“Ahaha, if there isn’t anything else, please feel free to sit” The mood of the conversation turned sour quite fast, so I just excused ourselves and took Fiora’s hand.

I could feel the giant’s eyes staring at my back all the way as the old man nagged at him. Since I was in a hurry, I didn’t pay much attention to the contents of it, save for one part.

“Nicușor, how many times do I have to tell you-"

2