Chapter 1- The Class Loner
899 2 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Early in the morning in class, the whole room is full of random annoying sounds of chattering.

Meanwhile I, Kisuke Nagaki is just sitting while spectating everyone's chattering.

Since Grade School, I've always been alone. I have black hair, a decent face, decent body, everything is ordinary. That's why I don't really stand out that much. I'm not talkative even inside our house. All I do is just stay inside my room so you can already tell that me having a friend really is hard.

I tried making one when I was in middle school but what they said was "What is this guy saying, and who is he anyways?" It struck me hard especially since those people are my own classmates. So since then, I just let things go. Being alone is not lonely but rather peaceful.

Being alone also gives me the ability "To observe everyone". Being alone everyday made me know what other people are thinking, what their expression is saying, their talking habits, everything. I even remember every single favorite and hate of all my classmates due to me observing them and listening to their conversations. You can call me a creep or a stalker, or anything but what can I do? I naturally learned all this because of being alone.

As I stared outside the window thinking random thoughts, I heard the entrance door slide which made me turn my head towards it's direction.

 The one who entered the class is the Goddess of every student, Asami Hana. She has long black hair, soft white skin, and a face so beautiful that could make every male student drool over her. She’s friendly but cold and ruthless at the same time which makes it hard for boys to make a move and confess to her. I remember that around a month ago, a handsome guy from a different class confessed to her in front of the school entrance. It was a very bold move that made me praise him mentally. 

“Asami-san! I’ve always liked you since the first time I saw you from the entrance ceremony. Please go out with me!”

The guy totally had red face while having his head lowered and a bouquet of roses on his hands trying to give it to Asami-san.

But as I switched my focus towards the person being confessed at, all I saw was a face of total disgust. It's like going into a restroom seeing the toilet bowl full of shits sticking on the bottom. 

“Oh is that so? But why would I go out with you when I don't even know you in the first place? Only an idiot will say yes in your confession so please move aside, because you’re wasting my time” Asami said while looking at the guy with a cold and disgusted tone.

There wasn't even a single bit of interuption, hesitation, and every single word was so clear that everyone had this "Fuck that hurts" moment on their faces.

 As soon as the guy heard it, it looks like as if his eyes that was full of hearts a moment ago, got his calculations wrong that turned into syntax error. It's as if a part of his soul left his body which made his eyes turn dim. 

And everyone who was looking at the scene looked as if their goin was kicked out of nowhere. It's an unexplainable feeling. Even though we're not the one who got rejected, it felt like a nuke that affected everyone on the radius of the scene.

With all the silence, a sound of footstep was the only thing heard on the school entrance. The footstep of Asami-san going straight to the school building. The guards on the entrance, and the students who was standing still with their funny looking expression was brought back to reality as if time stopped and resumed. 

Everyone started to become noisy.  Group of girls started talking "Asami-san really is ruthless towards men. Scary!!"

"That was kinda too much though. Poor guy"

"Well, I'm sure that doing this will definitely make the boys cower of confessing after seeing this. LOL"

While group of boys flocked towards the rejected guy and placed their hand on his shoulder. "You did your best" 

"Press F to pay respect"

"Man, if I'm in your place, I would've ran back to my momma's womb"

The guy who was lifeless couldn't suppress his laugh after hearing that and hugged his friends with a smiling face. (I swear this isn't BL)

She utterly destroyed the guy in front of all the students. Since then, no one confessed their feelings to her after watching that scary event for all the boys in the school. But even so, more male students began to worship her as an unattainable Goddess even with her cold attitude towards boys.

As usual, everytime I see her, my mind always leaves me in a daze because of how beautiful she is. Whenever you get a glimpse of her, you just can't help it but stare at her in daze. As I am staring at her, our eyes met but what I saw was the ‘tsk disgusting’ face. Well what do I expect anyways? 

I quickly turned my face towards the window. “Same as usual.” I murmured.

The teacher opened the door and started the lecture. As the last bell rang, I heard our teacher call my name. “Nagaki-kun, can you help me bring all these papers to my desk? I have to go to the principal’s office for a meeting.”

 

“Yes Sensei”

 

After the teacher left the room, I hurriedly grabbed the papers and walked with a fast pace towards the staff room. 

It's usually me that our sensei fancy to always bring his paperworks to his desk. I wouldn't be shocked if he's doing it on purpose.

As I took a peek at the door, I saw Asami-san standing in front of a printer in front of the desk I’m supposed to put the papers on. As I opened the door, Asami-san quickly gazed at me with cold eyes for a second then turned back to focus on her own business.

Well it’s not like there will be a romantic scene going to happen like in light novels so as I opened the door, I accidentally took a wrong step and fell down but was catched by Asami-san and our lips are so close to each other that I-  

Just kidding. Like hell that's gonna happen.

I quickly went toward the desk to put the papers in place but Asami-san is in front of the empty space of the desk.

 

“Excuse me, can you move a bit? I’m just going to place the papers that sensei told me to place here.”

 

I didn’t hear a response but Asami-san moved to make space for me to place the papers. Being beside her made me smell a very sweet scent coming from her. ‘Girls sure smells nice’ as I said to myself while placing the papers on the desk while closing my eyes.

 

“Gross”

 

I heard this word. It was a small voice but loud enough to make me go back to reality. I looked at her after hearing her voice with a confused face.

 

“Huh?”

 

“I said you’re gross.” she said with cold eyes. You can’t even see a small hint of hesitation in her words but disgust. 

 

If this were other boys, they'd probably interpret that as ‘Oh god, the Goddess talked to me first!’ That's indeed disgusting just by thinking about it.

 

'What’s wrong with you? I didn’t even do anything to offend you.' I thought. It kinda ticks me off.

Like, yeah right she's pretty and all, but I just wanna punch her in the face for once.

"Tsk" She made a clicking noise as she saw my expression and continued on doing what she was doing.

 

I want to argue with her but the arguement was simply happpening inside my head. I can't utter a single word. I wanted to say something to protect myself but only a sigh was done. 

 I ignored her and left the room to walk back home. I felt like being burned in hell just by being beside her. This first time of being able to talk to her is already unpleasant. Though you can't even call it a conversation. Luckily I'm not sitting beside her. But still, her scent really is pleasing to the nose though.

 

-

 

 

The next morning when I woke up I saw that I’m about to be late so I quickly ran to the dining table to see my breakfast. My sister wakes up early everyday to finish making breakfast like a housewife and always leaves early which makes it rare for me to even see her everyday. Our parents have a night shift work so we never really get in touch with each other.

I quickly dragged my bike and pedal my way to school using the shortcut I always use. And when I arrived at school, I hurriedly rushed to a nearby metal bar to lock my bike. As I opened the door entrance of our classroom, everyone in class looked at me for a second then went back to their own business. The door entrance is loud so I can’t really blame them. 

No one even greeted me. I’m like a ghost member in the classroom who has a physical body yet has no presence whatsoever. Well I do have a presence, but why would they care about it in the first place. I walked towards my seat near the back row beside the window thinking about the LightNovel I read last night. I always read shoujo manga which is full of romance and meant for girls. If I show my collection to others I’d probably be looked down upon even more than I already do. But even so, I still love reading it. Especially since most Shoujo main characters usually seat besides the window at the back of the class just like my seat is. It makes me feel like a Main Character of a sort. But I'm sure I'll just be that one side character that will only get shown once in the whole series. Thinking about it makes me feel like crying.

After the third period, everyone went to the gym after changing to P.E attire. The worst class every week has come. Our physical education always starts every wednesday and I hate it not because I’m bad at physical activities, but because we always have to pair with someone when we start. As usual I’m left alone. While everyone is making a pair, the P.E teacher saw me then started approaching me. ‘Ah, here we go again.’ Our P.E teacher is a woman in her 20’s. She has long brownish hair with glasses. She looks like an introverted person with her looks alone and you wouldn't even believe that she’s our P.E teacher if you see her for the first time. Her name is Emi Fujikawa sensei.

20