『Prologue Arc 1』Purpose
95 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[2045/05/20 Tuesday]

[Greenlife foundation discovered radiation level of 100 mSv emitting from a cave]

[2045/05/25 Sunday]

[A group of research camps got built around the cave.]

[2045/05/27 Tuesday]

[The radiation level plummeted. In contrast an inconclusive portol opened]

[2045/05/28 Wednesday]

[Multiple Drones sent inside the portal. Foreign land detected.]

[2045/05/28 Thursday]

[News leak of Foreign land discovery causes mass disturbance on Country 202]

[2045/05/30 Saturday][Present Time]

“How certain is this discovery?” asked the elderly, as he smoked a cigar and leaned back on his chair.

“Considering, how all of the simulations we ran worked perfectly. I would say absolutely certain,” said the man, who stood across the table wearing his black suit.

The elderly man stood silent. His steel-grey hair, hazel eyes, and thick rimless glasses reflected elegance.

On his shoulders rested many responsibilities as he was none other than the president of this country.

“And the resources?” asked the president.

“The resources we discovered have been astonishing, so far. We discovered an alternate source of natural fuel. Not to mention, elements we have yet to understand. We also discovered species whose life expectancy crosses over 1000 years.” The researcher enthused over the discoveries as he continued to inform the president on the factors discovered.

The president held the cigarette in his hand as he puffed out the smoke.

“The Proselytization Protocol. Such a bizarre thing to request for.” said the president as he chuckled. “Tell me more, about the ones who are involved in this.”

The researcher opened the file he held in his hand.

“If everything goes as planned, in total, three people will be sent through the breach.

Adrian White. A man who served in the military for over ten years. Famous for his physical prowess and ruthless behavior.

Noah Erickson. He…was imprisoned in the physic ward for six years. He is known to have Dissociative identity disorder (DID). However, an expert on Structural Engineering.

And finally, Marcus Frankenstein. A young prodigy with poly doctorates. Also known as the mad scientist. He was the one who purposed this Protocol.”

The president chuckled, “The entire Protocol is reliant on such men. For such a day to arrive." He sighed, "Although, If someone could truly pull this off, then it would be a man who convinced over 18 ministers, the health bureau along with the human rights association. And, now pressurized me, to authorize this”

The president uncovered the files and took out a pen from his pocket. With a pale face, he signed the papers.

[2045/05/30 Saturday At 12: 15 PM, The Proselytization Protocol got officially authorized.]

[2045/06/01 Monday]

In the detention room rested two individuals. The empty white room had but a desk and two chairs present. The individuals sat across from each other. One a blonde woman with enchanting red lips, who wore a white apron and carried a set of files on her hands. Next a man with handcuffs around his hand.

“When you heard the rumors,” He raised his legs over the desk, “Did you imagine an old, greasy, dirty man with no remorse. And cursed your job as you would now have to brief that man.”

“I imagined no such thing,” said Lisa, denying him with firmness in her eyes.

“Your face seems indifferent, yet your pupils seem dilated.” Marcus met his eyes with hers. Her chicks slightly reddened, “A girl is not to be blamed if she flusters while talking with me. But your emotions seem composed to a degree. Tell me, were you ever bullied?”

“I so was not!” She frowned, “I’m here for the briefing not—” He interrupted, “You seem to have insecurities about your past, I wonder if your fiancé realizes that. After all, he is not a man who cares for others.”

She flinched, “Don’t you dare lie about a man you have yet to meet”

He chuckled, “Ah, so there is a fiancé. I took a guess on that one. And yes, I don’t know him but I would be delighted to meet the man who stole the heart of such a beauty.”

She slammed the files on the desk, “Enough!” She roared. “My job is only to brief you on the Protocol. But you seem to have no interest in that, so allow me to leave. And I pray never to be in a room with a man like you ever again.”

“A man like me,” He paused, “No matter what the rumors say I am but an innocent man despised by those less achieving than me” He swung his legs from the desk to the ground. She flinched back as he abruptly stood up,

“Mark my words, a day will come when you gossip in pride about the day when you were in the same room as Marcus Frankenstein.” He turned, “And about the briefing. Tell your superiors, I formulated the Protocol and surely don’t need their petty help.”

She dazed, looking at his back with puzzled eyes as he left the room and returned to his cell.

[2045/06/03 Wednesday]

On a room filled with shelves and shelves filled with trophies. Two men got into an argument.

“Adrian! You cannot do this,” The General raged, “You cannot leave.”

Adrain kept silent as he stripped off the military badge on his shoulders.

“You…Do you realize the consequences of your actions!” The General grabbed Adrain’s shoulder from behind. “All the years….I spent on making you the perfect figurehead…the reputation built throughout the years. The devised hierarchy. It’s all gone if you leave.”

The General’s words were like needles on Adrian’s head. The more he listened, the more his stomach soured. So, he retaliated.

“Look at me!” Adrian ripped off the golden badge embroidered on his uniform. “Look at me. General!” When he ripped off the badge near his chest, his shirt fell apart and revealed his masculine frame. “I mercilessly trained for years. With sweat and blood, I built myself. Yet you think making me a figurehead serves as a reward for me?” Gazing into the General’s eyes, he poured out his buried beliefs, “The sheer amount of skills I honed. All for what? To get used as a political tool for people like you. Not anymore”

The General’s fingers fluttered, and his face scowled, “The Proselytization Protocol is filled with hazardous conditions. If you die, then things will revert back like 10 years ago. Set aside your selfish wishes for a moment and think about how the ranks would collapse-” Adains interrupted, “Enough! I’m a soldier. From now on, I’ll live my life as a soldier and if be, die as a soldier.” With precise determination in his eyes, he walked past the General, “The shackles you used to cage me are no more. "

[2045/06/04 Thursday]

On his way back to his room, Noah crunched upon some chips. To him, this was yet another simple day in his life.

But things took a sudden turn as he left the elevator and walked towards his room.

When he opened the door, he saw a man in a black suit reading one of the books from his shelf. His body flinched as he turned and attempted to run.

Thump!

He bumped into another man’s chest and fell back on his buttocks.

“Oww, oww” Looking above, he noticed another man in a black suit blocking his way. “But I’ve not done anything!” Noah continued, “I’m a free man now.”

Noah flinched as he heard the sound of a book closing from behind.

“Noah Erickson, I must say, I have never seen a dirtier room in my entire life.”

“No one told you to enter,” Noah whispered as he stood up and gazed towards the man inside his room.

“Am I going to be arrested again?” asked Noah

“Why don’t you first sit down?” The man in the black suit offered as he himself sat on the one bed present in Noah’s room.

The room had no chairs. Only one cushion, which Noah used while playing games on the monitor.

Thus, he sat down on that cushion.

“My name is Rudolph Flynn.” Flynn spoke with a light smile on his face, “I work for the government. And as the government received no response for the mail they sent to you. They sent me here.”

Noah’s expression remained frim, “I did respond. I declined for whatever the Pro…pr..prose..per-” He struggled to pronounce the word.

“Proselytization Protocol,” Flynn added.

“Yes, that. I have no interest in risking my life especially for the government.”

“Your life,” Flynn chuckled, “Very well, lets set aside everything for a moment and talk about your ‘Life’”

“What?” Noah dazed in confusion.

“When I read your file, I became quite amused. A prodigy who helped design the world’s most secure edifice. And broke into that very building to steal government files.” Flynn laughed, “But what I find hilarious, is how you got caught in your own room. The cops say you were singing in the shower when they caught you” Flynn stopped his laugh and gave a light smile, “What kind of idiot returns to his dorm after stealing the government’s most classified files? But I’m more intrigued by how you were able to devise such a proficient plan to steal it, and at the same time were moronic enough to get caught like that.”

Noah’s face reddened, “I never stole anything. The Evil Organization set me up!”

“The Evil Organization, I see, nonsense like these are why people call you retard”

“I’m not a re-” Noah’s voice died down. He realized it would be pointless. After all, No matter how many times he screamed, ‘I’m not a retard’, No one ever believed him.

“I even heard other stories, like how once woman robbed you of your entire fortune, or when you tried to rob a bank with a Lolipop. What kind of man fails to distinguish between a gun and a candy?” Flynn laughed

“So? you’re here to make fun of me?” asked Noah as he looked at the floor, unable to raise his eyes. “Just why? I spent 6 years in prison for a crime I didn’t commit. And now, when I’m finally a little happy with my life, people like you come and interfere. Just…leave me alone” His eyes turned watery.

“Happy with your life you say. Look around, a 27-year-old man who lives in a cramped room playing video games. When asked the neighbor about this man, they said, a retard lives next door. Pityful. For a whole year, not a single person ever visited you. You have no friends. You have debt piled up. And you refuse to work because you fear some non-existent evil organization might take advantage of you.” said Flynn bluntly.

Noah remained silent.

“I’m not here to laugh at your misery but I’m here to help you” Flynn stood up, “If you only had read the entire mail then you would have known, Proselytization Protocol was not initiated by the government but by none other than Marcus Frankenstein.”

Noah’s eyes slightly lit up after hearing that name. He looked up and met Flynn’s eyes.

“Rejoice, as there are still some people who care for you,” Flynn said with a light smile. “And you don’t need to risk your life for the government or for anyone else. You now have a second chance. Risk your life to siege that second chance.”

2