Chapter 29: Apprehension?
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“I’m going, Mummy.”

“Take care, see you tonight.”

“See you tonight P-A-P-A…”

“See you tonight sweetheart…”

*sobs*

Fortunately for Rina, she won’t have to take public transportation today. For once, she will arrive on campus well in advance.

The salty air of Indigo Beach that titillates the nostrils is invigorating in the morning, so it’s easy to drift away from your destination for a nice, refreshing morning walk.

“If I start flitting around from the beginning, it won’t work. I should stop listening to this narrator when I’m alone, he’s doing everything to throw me off my priorities.”

Me trying to do my job properly.

“Do it quietly then.”

Obviously, our heroine is able to hear what she should not.

Let’s move on…

As Rina takes her time to get to campus while enjoying the beautiful weather, she glimpses the first students on the horizon heading to school.

*gurgling noise*

She holds her stomach, intrigued by this noise.

Blast! I ate less than fifteen minutes ago and the portion was sufficient. Why is my belly gurgling?

Maybe she ate too much? The day after a hearty meal, moreover.

I better hurry, if I get to campus first, I’ll have the strategic advantage over Sophie and Aya.

The strategic advantage of what?

“I understand myself…”

Slowly but surely, Rina reached the main fountain of the campus in good spirits.

She looks from right to left repeatedly as if looking for something.

I got there so early that almost no benches are occupied, which is perfect. I’ll be able to save us the best seat possible to wait for class time.

*gurgling noise*

Again… Why does it do that to me, it’s not pleasant.

A little dejected but still energetic, Rina stretches and then jumps on the best bench located near the fountain.

And now…

… I’m waiting.

While closing her eyes and taking a deep breath of fresh air, she begins to listen to the sounds and discussions around her.

The soft sounds of life reaching Rina’s ears sound like a lullaby, almost as if she would fall asleep at any moment.

“This is what they call an advanced state of relaxation…”

The perfect time to indulge in daydreams.

“It is said that if a person falls asleep on the best bench near the fountain on the second day of Kumiai, then that person will be covered in gold and enjoy unprecedented good fortune…”

“Is this legend true?”

“How do you want me to know, I’ve only just thought about it. But if this were to happen, it would mean that I am a lucky prophetess…”

“A prophetess, really?”

“Oh yes!”

*Light wind noise*

“Hmm?”

Rina opens her eyes with difficulty as if blinded by the backlight of a silhouette that takes shape before her.

“A VENGEFUL SPIRIT COMES AFTER ME!!!”

*BAM*

A sharp blow with the edge of the hand on the head.

“Who do you call a vengeful spirit?”

“… Aya?”

“Here I am.”

Coming out of Aya’s shadow.

“I’m here too.”

“Sophie too!”

“What are you doing daydreaming like that on a bench by yourself?”

“I was waiting for you. Since I got here super early, I figured I’d sit on a bench, for once they’re available when I arrive.”

“Have you been here long?”

“Not really, I would say for the last ten minutes. Since I was a little nauseous, I went into meditation mode.”

“Does your stomach hurt Rina-chan?”

“I’m not sure, on the way here this morning my stomach rumbled a few times, yet I ate well but I don’t know, I wasn’t too good.”

“And now you feel okay?”

“Right now, it’s fine.”

“You don’t want to get sick on the first day of class.”

*gurgling noise*

“Again? What’s wrong with you my little belly?”

Aya squints and rubs her chin.

“Hmm…”

As Sophie comes tenderly caresses Rina’s belly, Aya experiments with something.

“Tell me Rina, what is your first class of the day?”

*gurgling noise*

“Again, I’m going to have cramps at the end…”

“Hum… of the first class.”

*gurgling noise*

“Rina… Don’t tell me you’re nervous?”

“EH?! Why would I…”

Don’t tell me that… Wait if I test…

“Class.”

*gurgling noise*

“…be nervous.”

“Rina-chan…”

0