Chapter 45: On the way to the manga and anime club
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While trying to discover as many clubs as possible while respecting as much as possible the itinerary created by Christopher, Rina realizes that time passes faster than she thought.

We are already almost at the end of the day, there is only the last step of the planning…

“Well, I think we’re done. We’ve checked off all the boxes on the club list. Do you still want to see something Rina?”

“Hmm? I’m not sure…let me think.”

Oh yeah, I didn’t tell you but I decided to skip the rest of the tour for the sake of easy storytelling. I’m the narrator so I do what I want.

It’s mostly to keep the mystery about the rest of the story, but that’s just between us…

“I feel like I’m forgetting something but I don’t know what.”

“A lot indeed happened this afternoon, it went by so fast…”

You bet…

“AH! I know!”

“You remember it?”

“Yes, we had to go back to Kou-kun.”

“Are you talking about the boy from the manga club?”

“Yes, he had asked us to come back after the event so it would be less crowded.”

“With luck, you might even run into the authors and mangakas you like so much Rina-chan.”

“You’re right, they might still be there. Let’s go right now!”

Here they go again towards the manga and anime club.

“What do you think of this day, Rina-chan? Of all the clubs we visited, are there any that interest you enough to want to join?”

“I never really thought about whether I wanted to join a club until then, it’s pretty hard for me to decide.”

“You shouldn’t beat yourself up too much, Rina, joining a club is not a year-round, unbreakable contract. Many join clubs on a whim and leave after a trial period realizing it wasn’t for them or they weren’t that interested.”

“Really?”

“Yes, we had that happen again last year with the surf club. A few recruits had taken the first step to learn the sport but two of them didn’t continue the adventure with us.”

“What were the reasons?”

“If I remember well, there was a girl who discovered she was scared to death of the ocean floor and a boy who was looking for an activity in contact with the sea, but with surfing, he didn’t find his groove.”

“Wait, the girl wanted to join the club while being afraid of the sea?”

“She wasn’t afraid of the sea, she even really liked going to the beach. But once she was on the board in the rolling waves, she started to lose her nerve and realized that the sea itself could be dangerous.”

“It’s sad for her, she didn’t last long then.”

“She stayed at the club for two weeks, the senpais told her they would take the time to help her conquer her fear if she was serious about getting involved in the club, but she chose another activity instead.”

“Um, I see… What about the boy?”

“For him, it was slightly different, at first he enjoyed surfing he stayed almost three months in the club. He was looking for an approach to the marine world, but he didn’t find his groove in surfing after three months and thanked us for teaching him how to do it and went to the diving club on the advice of our senpais.”

“Heee~ I thought sports clubs were a lot stricter than this.”

“Meaning Sophie?”

“My image of sports clubs may be biased, but since I know that the performance of sports clubs is very important to the allocation of budgets each year, I expected it to be harsher on people who come into clubs without real investment.”

“Um… I know what you mean, but it doesn’t work that way. At least for the surf club, it’s not. People have the right to take the wrong course or have sudden urges to discover new things, just as they have the right to reverse their decision.”

“It’s so beautiful what you say Aya, it brings tears to my eyes…”

“Haha, I only speak for the case of the surf club, I have no idea how the others work. On the other hand, senpais indeed tend to focus more on promising recruits because as Sophie says, results and performances greatly influence budgets.”

“It’s a competitive world.”

“Exactly. Going back to what we were saying originally, you don’t have to think about your final club Rina. Feel free to start with the club that most instinctively attracts you and do a trial period.”

“Um… I see, thanks for the advice.”

“Also Rina-chan, there is another alternative, that would be to start your own club.”

“…”

“Hmm? Did I say something weird?”

“Here’s a bold proposal from our little Sophie.”

“Mo~ Aya-chan! I’m just thinking that this might be a good alternative if Rina-chan doesn’t find a club to her liking.”

“Indeed, this is also a solution, but it’s not easy to create a club from scratch.”

“What do you think Rina-chan?”

“…”

“Rina-chan?”

“…”

“I think Rina.exe has stopped working.”

“Oyé Rina!” 

“Huh? What?”

“Did your conscience get sucked out?”

“No, it’s just that I tried to imagine a little bit what it would be like to have a club with me as president, but I think I went too far in my imagination.”

“Knowing you, I’m sure you must have made a zany mix of everything we’ve seen today plus added in everything you like.”

“That’s… almost right.”

“Haha, let’s keep the idea of starting your own club as a last resort then. For now, let’s see what’s already available to us first.”

“I agree, especially since now I might get to meet PekkoMekko, Meguri, and Nonoro-sensei.”

“Fingers crossed, Rina-chan.”

0