Chapter 47.1: Final visit, part 1
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“The room is bigger than I thought it would be, amazing even for a club like this.”

“Hehe, we need as much room as possible to accommodate all these wonders.”

“It still surprises me that you have never visited the club before Rina-chan.”

“It’s true that we would have bet on the opposite, how come you’re only discovering the club now?”

“Uh… Let’s just say that my schedule up until now has been pretty overbooked. I never really took the time to focus on it…”

“Your schedule, eh?”

“You’ve never been in a club since we’ve known Rina-chan, was it the same before we met?”

“Almost?”

“What do you mean by “almost”?”

“I never really had any interest in joining a particular club so I didn’t take the time to learn about their activities.”

“Oh oh ~ And now?”

“Now there’s this points thing with the student card.”

“Participating in club activities earns you points that you can spend on the island on many things.”

“Yes, and particularly for foo… Um, to do cultural stuff.”

“We are beginning to understand Rina-chan’s hidden agenda…”

“It was easy to guess.”

“…”

Acting out of self-interest is not always a bad thing, it’s all a question of dosage. Be careful not to go too far, right Rina?

“That’s not the only reason!” 

“Hmm~ Tell us about it.”

“It’s just that I kind of realized it last year, but when you have your club activities going on at the same time, I was often left alone not knowing what to do with my days… And I can’t fill my days like I used to.”

“…”

“And with the announcement of this student card system, I thought this was an opportunity to change my ways maybe. That’s why I agreed to look into joining a club.” 

“Rina-chan… I didn’t know you were so lonely when we were at our clubs.”

Aya puts her hand on Rina’s head.

“Yosh yosh, I kind of suspected that. That’s why this year we’re going to do it right. We’re going to make sure that you find something that you enjoy and can participate in on your own time.”

“Aya…”

“Mo~ you two are going to make me cry…”

“Yosh yosh you too Sophie.”

A real big sister who takes care of her little sisters.

“… But it’s still also to earn points and get free food.”

The stunt of paying skewers in Ai coins had more effect than expected on Rina’s motivation.

“I figured as much.”

After this moment of emotion, why don’t we resume the visit?

“Okay, so what do we do first?”

“Um, wait let me see… Drawing workshop, storyboard workshop, manga discovery workshop.”

“The room is at least twice the size of a normal classroom.”

“The club has a very good reputation and as was mentioned earlier, many famous authors have started their works right here.”

“It’s rare for a club like this to have so much support from a school right?”

A person approaches Rina and her friends overhearing the girls’ discussion.

“Normally, it’s very difficult for a manga club to get even a decent budget in a standard school. But here, we’re lucky enough to be taken seriously and considered on par with other more traditional clubs.”

“Um, I see. Uh… you are?”

“Oops, excuse me. I crashed into your discussion without warning, it was not proper of me. Let me introduce myself, I’m the club’s vice president, Watanabe Asagi.”

“Watanabe-senpai, I didn’t expect to see you here.”

“Aya-chan, do you know the vice president of the club?”

“Yes, well not personally but she comes to the surf club from time to time to see Kirishima-senpai.”

“Sakai-san, it’s a surprise for me to see you here too.”

“I’m accompanying a friend who is looking for a club she might like.”

“I would have been happy to welcome you to our club if you were interested, but Ryo-kun would have resented me taking one of his best surfers away.”

“I never thought you would be the vice president of this club. It’s very unexpected.”

“You should never judge a manga by its cover, ufufu.”

Rina leans toward Sophie and whispers softly.

“It’s rare to see Aya being so polite and caring.”

“Yes…”

“It’s just that I have a lot of respect for Kirishima-senpai. She is the vice president of the surf club and Watanabe-senpai is his girlfriend. It’s normal for me to show a minimum of politeness right?”

“Sakai-san is always so diligent and straight when she talks to me or Ryo-kun.”

“I see.”

“Well, which one of you is interested in visiting our club?”

“We are here for me today. I am Shimizu Rina.”

“And you are?”

“Sophie L. White, nice to meet you Watanabe-senpai.”

“Nice to meet you both. Since you are Sakai-san’s friends, I can afford to give you a little tour if you wish.”

“Are you sure, senpai?”

“Of course, it’s also part of my duties as vice president to introduce insiders to the club.”

“Thank you for taking your time, senpai, we are following you.”

0