Chapter 48: The Synopsis Game
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“So the Space Opera how to say…”

Rina tortures her mind to find the right turn of phrase.

“Do you know you, Sophie?”

“Um, vaguely. I haven’t had a chance to read anything about it, so I won’t be able to answer you Aya-chan, sorry.”

“Don’t worry, can you help us senpai?”

“Perfect opportunity, look on the table, there is our lexicon of genres and themes at your disposal.”

Rina immediately grabs the booklet.

“Let’s see… S… The letter S.”

“…”

“Science fiction, no… Space Opera there!”

“What does it say?”

*Gulping sound*

“Complex epic and dramatic stories sare et in sidereal space over very long periods “

“Pretty succinct definition, isn’t it?”

“Indeed, we have opted for simple descriptions that go to the essential to avoid losing our visitors. When you are not used to the terms and specific vocabulary of a domain, it is not easy for neophytes to express themselves on it.”

“Indeed, we’re also careful in the literature club with new members who don’t know much about it, it’s a very intimidating situation.”

“Exactly. So, Sakai-san, White-san, do you have a better idea of what space opera is?”

“Um, I’m visualizing roughly the kind of theme but…”

“It makes me think of the works of Asimov or Frank Herbert.”

“Yes, if we refer to literature, these authors are deans of the genre.”

“I don’t know these authors at all. Hard to guess.”

“What if I told you about Star Wars?”

“Yes, I know that, I watched them when I was little.”

“Well there you go, it’s space opera.”

“Ooooookay! I got it.”

“We can start the activity then, is it good for you Shimizu-san?”

“Shimizu-san?”

“Done!”

“Don’t tell me that…”

She took advantage of the discussion to start the exercise on her own.

“Have you written a synopsis yet Shimizu-san?”

“Hehe, speed is my power.”

“I hope you didn’t write nonsense at least.”

“You underestimate me Aya, my imagination is limitless inside this holy shrine.”

“I’m impressed with you Rina-chan.”

“Hehe.”

“Shimizu-san, do you want to wait for Sakai-san and White-san to finish their trials, or do you want to tell us your idea now.”

“Um, I’m going to reveal my story to you now. I’ll allow you to copy a little bit if you can’t produce an interesting story, hohohoho!”

What a haughty laugh…

“We are all ears.”

“Um, so… The story takes place on a distant planet, a former Earth colony, in a small mining town. The main character lives thanks to small jobs without really succeeding. His dream is to go into space to visit the original home of the human race, Earth.”

“Um, the initial situation is simple but pretty nice, there’s a way to create something interesting.”

“That’s right, listen to what happens next. As a result of several misunderstandings, the protagonist has to work the line on a cargo ship factory that travels through solar systems to resupply human space stations.”

“Hmm…”

“He will learn during his journey many secrets about this world that he had never had the opportunity to know in his small hometown involving a manipulation of the people about the knowledge related to the Earth but also about human trafficking networks with alien races.”

“Woah… That went away really fast.”

“From one unfortunate situation to another, the protagonist becomes a wanted criminal despite himself and is forced to face an enemy that is much too big for him. Fortunately, he will be supported by precious allies he has met along his journey. Will they get to the truth about Earth’s guarded secrets?”

“…”

“Voilà!”

“That’s great Rina-chan, did you manage to write that in a few seconds?”

“I didn’t write it down but I wrote some quick notes and then put the information together.”

“Impressive Shimizu-san.”

“Hehe.”

“However…”

“Yes?”

“You’re missing something aren’t you?”

“Am I missing something?”

“What if I tell you, Impossible love.”

“AAHH!!! I completely skipped the secondary theme.”

“Always this habit of focusing on only one thing at a time, Rina.”

“My habits will get the better of me, wait a sec’!”

Rina grabs her notebook and scribbles a few more lines.

“There you go, problem solved! The protagonist falls in love with an alien on one of the planets where he stops over and realizes much later that he is one of the highest ranking officers of one of the firms engaged in the human trade.”

“That’s… weird.”

“Hmm, understandable given that this is an impulsive idea. What’s more, patched to a story without thoughtful logic.”

“I’m less convinced, sorry Rina-chan.”

“For my part, I am more surprised by the very serious and adult themes, even violent that you address. Human trafficking, trans-species love, etc… Interesting, very original but also very complicated to develop.”

“Never judge a book by its cover as they say.”

0