Chapter 5: Half an hour before the integration day
17 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After this small gustatory interlude, the girls slowly went back to school. They arrive right on time before the departure of the tramway, of course taking a remonstrance from the station staff because it is of course forbidden to run on the platforms. 

Of course, we also want to thank the staff of all the other stations in the country.

Take the north exit of the terminal and right across the street you’ll find the most incredible school campus you have ever seen.

This is the indication given by the islanders to those who ask how to get to the Kumiai campus. 

It is precisely by taking this northern exit that the girls end up in front of the main door of the campus. Rina takes the lead.

“Here we go! And we still have at least a good half hour before the ceremony begins.”

“It’s a good thing they make us start at nine instead of eight, otherwise we wouldn’t even have had time to stop for a bite to eat. I can’t imagine if I had a big gurgle during the ceremony…”

The girls stroll and laugh nonchalantly, one of the guards at the entrance gate interlocks them.

“Ladies, please present your student ID at these terminals before entering.”

Sophie and Aya look at each other surprised, another novelty on the island?

“Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you, they’ve beefed up campus security.”

The guard gently shows the girls the procedure.

“There, you just have to present your card like this. It records your entry and your identity as a student. There are also passes for faculty, staff and guests. If you ever want to invite friends or strangers onto the campus grounds, come see us at the security station right here.”

After a short briefing, the girls pass the entrance gate.

“One of the reasons why there has been so much change in the last few days comes from the fact that there are more and more students on the island. They want to develop the services and infrastructure on the island even more.” 

“It’s amazing that they employ so much money and resources for ‘mere’ students like us.”

“Aya-chan, Kumiai is much more amazing than you think.”

“What do you mean?”

“The campus opened its doors fifteen years ago. Since the first generation of students you can’t even imagine how many geniuses and great minds have been born in this school.” 

“Yes I think I heard about it in a news report a while back.”

“We probably saw the same report Rina-chan, they said that for the past few years, the university has ranked among the best in the world.”

“So because our school is recognized around the world and generates geniuses by the bucketload, they’re investing heavily for our benefit?”

“Yes, you can look at it that way. By the way, some of these elites ended up coming to work for Kumiai after their studies.”

“So the ones who are making our lives better are the ones who were in our shoes ten or fifteen years ago?”

“Basically yes.”

“We can always count on Sophie when we need answers to our questions.”

“Ahah, you can thank Schwe-chan too, he memorizes everything he hears and he’s the one who reminds me of the things I forget.”

“Is it still on your shoulder?”

“Yes.”

Aya and Rina in chorus.

“Thank you Schwe-chan !”

“Um…”

A little embarrassed, Sophie answers.

“He says thank you too…”

A lizard not so talkative as that, it must not be easy for the young Sophie…

“I only speak when it’s worthwhile, here it’s not, so stay in your place second-hand narrator and get on with the story…”

Hey, you’re not supposed to talk directly to the Narrator! If you don’t behave properly, I can take away your right to speak.

“As if you had the power, don’t forget who I am…”

AH… He’s not wrong… let’s get back to the subject

Rina, taken aback by this information, begins to hatch some rather dark plans.

“Wait, that means he can help you during exams, since he’s with you all the time…So that’s why you’re so good in class!”

“He doesn’t do it and in any case I don’t want him to do it. Classes are a personal thing, I can’t afford to cheat.”

“What a shame, an endless source of good grades is right in front of me and I can’t even enjoy it…”

Rina feels sorry for herself, the sadness of seeing her plan fall through when she hasn’t even had a chance to put it into practice, what a pathetic situation.

“Nobody talks to you, you mediocre narrator!”

Oh no, you aren’t going to start, too, are you?! The lizard it’s fine but not you !

“I am the MC of this story, thank goodness I can hear what the Narrator is saying.”

We are really not safe from anything these days…

“Who are you talking to Rina-chan?”

“No it’s nothing, don’t worry, ahaha. By the way I think about it but are they still following us, Finn and Lynn?”

“Yes they are right there. Ah…”

“Is there a problem? “

“They were still there when we were in front of the gate, they vanished again.”

“Don’t worry about them Sophie, there’s nothing dangerous around, you should head to the amphitheater for the welcoming ceremony.”

“You’re right, they will join us later. Sorry girls they ran off I don’t know where, they’ll come back to me later today probably.”

“No problem, just hope they don’t do anything stupid.”

“Let’s go into the amphitheater, we need the best seats possible.”

At the same time, a little further down the campus, near the university park.

“WHAT IS THIS CRAZY WIND!!!”

A crazy gust comes to disturb the students, the skirts of the girls rise one after the other.

“Finn!!! Stop right there!!!”

“Impossible, how do you expect me to hold back when I see beautiful creatures as far as the eye can see before me!”

“FINN !!!”

0