Chapter 5.5: A possible love at first sight
19 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The wind is blowing hard on the Kumiai campus, yet the weather forecast did not predict high winds.

Gusts of wind appear one after the other while lifting the skirts of the students in the university garden. The scene is spectacular, it is as if the wind was aiming at the girls on purpose.

“FINN!!! Stop this right now!”

The desperate cry of the little Lynn who takes in race the perverse wind which is none other than… Finn?

“I already told you it’s impossible Lynn, it’s been a long time since I came to observe the beautiful flowers in this garden.”

“You’re talking nonsense, can’t you see you’re causing trouble for everyone, if Sophie or Vaterschweigen-sama see you, they won’t miss you.”

“The terrible heat of summer denudes these flowers of their usual leaves and here they are wearing charming summer dresses and other skirts. Elegance and temptation, the perfect mix…”

“He doesn’t listen to me at all anymore…”

Lynn, unable to stop the rabbit’s lecherous frenzy, is obliged to follow him while trying to limit the damage while protecting the innocence of the young ladies who are victims of Finn’s tricks.

It’s a veritable symphony of “Kyaaa” and “Iyaaa” throughout the garden, Finn can’t seem to stop enjoying his invisibility to mortal eyes.

He zigzags in all directions like a fury until he runs out of young flowers to corrupt. He stops, panting as if he had run a marathon and looks back at his carnage. 

“ah…ah…ah… That was a good run, it’s been a long time since I’ve put myself out there like that for such a noble quest.”

A shadow looms over the rabbit and in one swift, powerful blow, a heavy wooden stick comes crashing down on Finn’s skull.

*BONK*

“What do you mean a noble quest?! Control yourself for God’s sake, when Sophie says we shouldn’t make a ruckus in the human world that’s typically the kind of thing she’s talking about.”

“I can’t help it… It’s been so long since I’ve had the opportunity to enjoy the presence of the sweet flowers in the university garden that I lost my mind when I saw them all in front of me, so beautiful, so… free…”

“That’s nonsense!”

The tension subsides, Finn comes to his senses and Lynn continues her sermon with fervor.

All of a sudden, a sweet voice rang in the ears of both spirits.

“The little fairy is right, you know, it’s not right to cause so much trouble in public like that; some people might see you do, people like me…”

Shocked by the mystical tone of the voice that has just whispered in their ears, Finn and Lynn instantly turn around and freeze in front of the person before them.

“Next time try to hold back okay?”

They barely have time to catch a glimpse of a woman with an immaculate white dress and long jet-black hair when she disappears in front of them into the crowd, leaving a trail of black petals behind her.

“What… was it? I mean… who was it?”

“Finn ?”

Finn stands still, straight, showing no emotion except amazement.

The impression that this woman has just left him, has just taken root deep inside him. He had time to catch a glimpse of the woman’s face before she vanished into thin air.

A white skin like porcelain, hair blacker than a moonless night, ruby colored eyes of a noble and warm glitter, a cold and yet so kind and comforting aura…

“I think it’s her…”

“What do you mean?”

“Until now I have always been frivolous, but I have never given up the idea that maybe one day I will find the star that will light my way. I do believe I have found it.”

“Wait, how can you say that? We don’t even know who she is and we haven’t even seen her face.”

“There’s no need for that kind of thing. When fate hits you hard like that, there’s no need to think, Leprechaun’s word.” 

“If you say so… In the meantime we don’t even know who she was. But we do know that this woman can see and hear us, and that she is not ordinary.”

Finn’s first love at first sight? Will this budding love be just an illusion, or will it take shape in the near future? Or maybe a distant future? He would have to cross paths with this dark-haired, red-eyed woman one day.

… 

“A black rose… of unparalleled beauty, as dangerous as it is sublime. That’s it! It’s a black rose…”

0