Chapter 7: Speeches and Formalities
12 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As Sana takes her place in front of the lectern to make her speech, the silence settles down, all look attentively at the young girl who does not let herself be intimidated by the presence of such a large audience.

A deep breath, chin up and a straight face, she exclaims.

“Good Morning everyone, I am Shimizu Sana, Kumiai middle school section representative and former student council president. It is my pleasure to inaugurate this integration day on Kumiai campus, thank you in advance for your attendance and attention.”

Applause resounds, Sana’s speech begins. 

“I would first like to give you a quick overview of the important points related to the middle school section that were implemented last year, this will act as a reminder for students already enrolled and it will also allow new students to become aware of what can be done in a single year on campus.”

Sana mentions the topics concerning the middle school section of the campus by reporting on the highlights of the past year. The various festivals, club activities, student council projects and any other events that are closely or remotely related to the campus.

“… This is my introduction to the Kumiai Middle School section. Thank you for listening to me so far, looking forward to a wonderful year with you. Have a great start to the new school year and good luck to everyone.”

Again, the applause is present, the young Sana makes a hit with all the students.

In the stands,

“There is no need to say, Sana imposes in her role, she knew how to keep her cool in front of so many people, hats off. You must be happy, right Rina ?”

*Sob*

“I’m so relieved… *sniff*, she’s so different at home I was afraid she wouldn’t make it. *sniff* As soon as I get home I’m showing the video to Mummy and Papa-san…”

Rina looks like an emotional mother who cries at the sight of her child’s success.

“You may say that Sana is first and foremost your rival, but right now I feel more like you are the mother.”

“Rina-chan doesn’t often say it out loud, but she’s completely crazy about her little sister.”

*Sniff sniff*

Sana takes her bow and walks off the stage, her face relaxed as if all the accumulated pressure was fading away.

Director Kotegawa took the floor again to introduce the next speaker who was none other than …

“…the former student council vice president, this time from the high school section, Ooshima Minato.”

In turn, the young man climbs on the stage and presents himself in front of the lectern.

With a serious look, his expression as if he was going to announce a tragic event, he slowly grabs the microphone and suddenly…

He strikes an absolutely… fabulous pose and exclaims,

“Yahoo everyone, how are you?!”

The silence in the room made everyone uncomfortable until a small group of high school students on the right side of the stands responded.

*giggles*

“Oye Minato, can’t you come up with a better intro?!”

An explosion of laughter completely changes the atmosphere of the room.

“How bad is my introduction?”

He barely has time to ask this question when a slipper arrives right in his face, the slap of the impact surprises everyone and Minato collapses dramatically at the reception of the slipper in the middle of the face.

On the side of the stage, the director Kotegawa is “slightly” on the nerves because of this scene too little serious for her taste.

“You already did this to me last year during an important ceremony where the parents of the students were present and I see that my slipper move last time was not enough for you Mr. Ooshima.”

“Haha my apologies Kotegawa-sensei, the atmosphere was so heavy that I didn’t know how to start my speech.”

“You’re lucky you’re an exemplary student outside of your little lapses like this, you know that.”

“I’m just making an effort to be able to afford these little exceptions haha. Here is your slipper Kotegawa-sensei, take it back or I won’t be able to start my presentation.”

A second slipper flies off…

“Ow ow ow ow… So let’s pick up where I left off. Hello everyone, I’m Ooshima Minato, I was the student council vice president last year and this year I’m a second-year student at Kumiai High School.” 

Like Sana, the young man then begins to give a brief account of the significant events of the past year. 

New students are surprised to hear about the level of student involvement in campus activities and especially to see that some events are completely taken over by either the middle school or the high school or university.

“… The high school section took care of the preparation and animation of the World Environment Day on June 5th. With the help of USRC volunteers, it was a real success with not only students but also outside visitors.”

After about twenty minutes and once the presentations are over, the second part of the conference begins.

“Well I think I’ve covered it all, thank you for your attention and now I’ll turn it over to Kotegawa-sensei for the rest of this morning.”

Ooshima turns around and walks off the stage to resume his seat in the stands and Director Kotegawa takes over.

“Well, we thank both the middle and high school representatives again for that little update. Now we’ll move on to the most important part of the day, something that concerns the entire student body and that I’m sure will further energize activities on campus and even on the rest of the island .”

Rina is intrigued by this statement, it reminds her of something.

“Ah, you think it’s about that student ID thing?”

“Um, that must be it, I hadn’t heard of it until this morning when we bought my skewers.”

A new person approaches the scene, this figure is not unknown to us…

“To talk about this project that began to take shape during the course of this past August, I would like to introduce to you, for those who don’t know him yet, the scientist and university professor… Melon-chan-sensei…”

*Sigh* 

A new white man enters the room, what a strangely ridiculous name for a scientist the new students think.

“Do you really have to choose such a ridiculous nickname? It’s not very appropriate for a person of your caliber .”

“Don’t argue with my choice Miss Kotegawa, this is a perfectly acceptable name and even rather classy… I think.”

“Ah… Very well, I’ll leave it to you professor.”

“It’s finally my turn.”

0