Chapter 2- It takes guts.
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Liyuan was one of the biggest provinces on the continent. Its geographical land stretched far surpassed other provinces and cities even thought it was not the homeland of the current figurehead of the continent.

Two generations ago, it was right in the heart of the first demon war provided that it had a huge gap hole teleporting to the demonic realm made by an idiot devil cultivator who had hope of merging the realms together and reigning over their heads as a sole ruler. It went without saying how many mouths had cursed that guy blaming all the way to his first ancestors.

As a result, the population had also decreased. Some had immigrated with the hope to escape the further consequences of war, some survived through thick and thin but ended up becoming slaves to the new immigration of noble families who wished to reap rewards from starting businesses in the rebuilt province, and while some died both tragically and honorably.

Only the history of Liyuan could induce a student to a state of severe drowsiness in class, no matter if it was their hometown itself. Unlike most, however, Gu Changming was a secret admirer of his own home province. Admittedly, there weren't many attractions around the provinces or villages during his young age and the same situation could still be applied now, but Liyuan still had its most unique prize gem, which was the sea.

His father had brought him there once during a business trip and he had absolutely been attracted to it ever since. Compared to those horrible few days of spending time near his father, the sea was the pearl of his eyes and no other moments of significance could compete with his childish admiration for the sea at home.

Later on, Gu Changming barely squeezed in another visit during his early adult years on his own business trip. This was all that he could settle for with the job that he had chosen. Fortunately, he was able to step on the soft white sand again albeit all the fallen snow after that one-day trip from the southern part.

The glow in his eyes almost rivaled that of the sun's reflection. His silk black air whooshing around his jade face like curtains trying to conceal a masterpiece. From the back, he appeared as harmless and serene as clouds just standing there basking in the sun and smelling the sea. One wouldn't realize how fearsome this man had portrayed himself to be back in his territory.

When the sun was setting, Gu Changming was riding his horse into the village nearby, not aware of how much his appearance and demeanor stood out like a red sheep in the flock of white plain ones. No one didn't stop to stare at him even if he had on his casual black and purple attire or his meticulous expression of his surrounding or the frightening red sword hanging majestically by his waist.

"Gentleman! What a rare delightful sight! Have you come to visit our beautiful sea? Would you mind dropping into our restaurant for some refreshing meals and good wine?" The man had made the mistake of mentioning alcohol. Off went the surname Gu, ignoring the poor man in front of spectators like he was a grain of dust. He had even braved his heart to approach this unique traveler.

Through numerous rounds through the villages and getting used to the ears' splitting noise of firecrackers and hollers from the local children, General Gu could not find an inn to his preference. Being brought up from one of the most prestigious families had spoiled his taste in many things, for example, the comfortable level of the mattress and quilt, the amount of daylight he would get when he woke up.

To sum up, he was a picky man.

Exasperated, he ended up in a small inn slightly at the edge of town where he thought was nice and quiet in contrary to the rowdy drunken men that spat watermelon seeds on the first floors. The owner was a young man that seemed to may have had inherited the business from his parents because he was also simultaneously taking care of an old man in a wheelchair nearby.

"Young master, I'll give you the best room near mine. It's reserved for esteemed guests like you. New Year also comes with a free meal! What do you say? It's not a bad price!"

General Gu nodded without much hesitation. His body slightly ached from traveling without rest and before he knew it, he had skipped his afternoon meal in exchange for the sightseeing at the beach. Honestly, the inn offered a pretty good price even if he wasn't someone who had limited choices from lack of coins.

The knock on the door came earlier than expected. He had only put his body down for a few minutes. The young man had brought a tray of local dishes he claimed he had cooked by himself. Not only that, the tea was aromatic and warm. It certainly exceeded his expectation. General Gu felt guilty for doubting the local businesses due to his lack of traveling.

"Then please enjoy. If young master needs anything, I'll be right next door!" He said enthusiastically patting him on the back of his hand. If the Investigation Bureau was here to see, they would feel chill to their spines.

Who said he could touch this person who hated physical touch the most?

The hand that was infected immediately was put away like it had just been scorched by fire. General Gu was about to pull his sword but the door had shut in time. The owner had truly and narrowly escaped his death.

When the dust was settled and the lanterns were extinguished, Gu Changming was already deep in his slumber. The scrolls he had brought all the way from the South scattered around him indicating that the reader had definitely fallen asleep in the midst of reading at some point.

The candles were still burning down as the door creaked open gently. The invader seemed to be quite surprised that the light hasn't been extinguished. And yet, he had sneaked in confidently anyway. His feet drummed the floor like a happy baby elephant with no absolute fear that the mighty General Gu would wake up to slice him down.

"What's this?" That voice was not laced with curiosity at all. One could feel the grin on their face and see through the anticipation as he dropped the scroll back to its place. "This little candy sure looks delicious...hikhikhik."

A finger stroke down Gu Changming's tall nose. The man was unexpectedly still deep in his slumber. As such, his inner clothes were pulled open in an instance and the invader moved up to climb onto his legs.

Two pairs of brazing eyes snapped open like it was forced from within. The man deep in sleep earlier may have just been awake internally all this time however there was no single lump of his that could move. And the moment he found out who the intruder was, he had already had an idea of what rotten intention the person had had to him.

"This is my first time..." The owner of the inn said, his eyes even bulged in excitement. "To see someone who could open their eyes from the paralysis." Something rolled down from the bed as he inched closer. It was the scroll earlier. The young man averted back his attention. "Did you enjoy your meal, young master?" He chuckled dreamily.

General Gu had never looked scarier. If it wasn't for some of his facial muscles still being under paralysis, it would have been ten times more severe. The man looked like a delirious wild beast cornering his prey. The scene could cause confusion as to who truly was really in danger.

"You're not saying anything? Good boy!" He ran a hand down the smooth milky chest. "Tonight-" He barely got to breathe his next word when he disappeared right out of General Gu's sight.

Staining his eyes to see, a silhouette was standing above the young man. "You still defy my words. Are you truly being stupid or are you tired of living?"

"S-sir?" It sounded like the pervert had succumbed to the floor. "How-how did you...?"

"Shall I cut off your hands or your feet? A man of no trouble is a man of no limps," the stranger's voice was as quiet yet stilled as the night. He had a natural gentle tone, thus when he spoke such cruel words, it sent one's tail behind their legs.

"S-sir! I beg you! I was wrong! Sir, please! Who will look after my old man if I turn out like him? I won't do it again!"

That scum had the face to use his father as an excuse. Judging from their conversation, this wasn't likely his first offense. General Gu felt ashamed for falling into his shameful plan. There were scums like that in this world that could do such things to men even. He felt strongly the need to eradicate all of them when he could be free again from Midnight Magnolia's case.

While his savior was contemplating severing the pervert's limps, Gu Changming could finally open his mouth after must resistance from the paralysis. "Stop. Get your hands off him. I shall be the one finishing that lowlife."

There was a whimper of fear along with a tense silence after his declaration. In fact, he hoped his words would make the stranger focused on expelling his paralysis. Being unable to even move a finger-like this while he could have diced that scumbag all this wasted time was not the kind of patience he possessed.

"I let him live last time. This time, he dies by my hand." Soon, the crisp sound of a sword leaving its scabbard shocked both the victim and the offender. The stranger was obviously one to keep his words because, in the next second, a bloodcurdling cry wrecked the whole room and possibly the whole inn even.

Blood was spattered on the floor and the young man was clutching his left arm in uttered shock and agony. His hand was cleanly sliced off without mercy. Anyone sleeping would be awake by now from the commotion caused by the innkeeper himself.

"AHHHHH!! MY HAND!!" It wasn't clear whether it was the pain or the sight of his piece of limp cold on the floor but the man had abruptly fainted right after.

"You!!!" General Gu could feel the eruption of shock in his heart. It astounded him that he would encounter someone as gutsy as this guy slicing off a limp without hesitation in a continent with a proper criminal law.

Feet were drumming everywhere. The one or two guests in the inn had arisen to report the frightening scream. But when they heard voices from the door next to the inn owner's, they suspiciously hovered over the entrance.

"What's happening in there? We heard a scream earlier. Is everything fine?"

"Come in," the stranger answered calmly.

As soon as the door creaked open, a lantern fell to the ground. The brave man earlier had fallen to his buttocks upon the scene. Another person yelled almost at the same time.

"This is what happens to rapists who don't seek redemption. He shall make into a human stick lest his lust controls him again."

"Help! Help! A murderer!"

In a matter of a second, there were no longer any souls to be seen. On this bloody night, the two of them plus the current unconscious person were left to confront each other again.

"If you move without permission one more time, I'll put you in prison with him," Gu Changming's cold voice brought the stranger to approach him. A fleeting thought that he was the next target passed his mind but he hardened his heart in the next instance. "Try touching me and see what happens."

"This is what happens if I touch you." Two fingers slid into the crook of his nape. In the next moment, his body had finally loosened.

General Gu was exasperated. As he barely managed to sit up properly, his hands moved furiously to clutch the other's collars. His initial intention was to break his face for being cheeky and fearless but suddenly, a lump was caught in his throat and his mind was blanked out at once.

From the rear window that directed the moonlight, the stranger's face came into a clear view. Reflective like an ice-cold ocean, a pair of midnight blue eyes watched him with a solemn gaze. The long eyelashes had cast a shadow over his warm white cheeks as his lips were pulled into a soft frown of surprise.

General Gu almost pushed him away too strongly due to the close distance. He was completely speechless as he thought for a short moment that this guy was actually a girl. Hence, he pushed him away all flustered but when he took a double look at his loose half-ado hairstyle and lean physique, he was flabbergasted once again.

This person is actually a guy!

0