Chapter-01
356 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dear Diary: I have had trouble sleeping ever since my older brother Fujita’s funeral. It was hard to accept that he died in an accident. I don’t know what to do with myself now that he’s gone.

Dear Diary: It’s been a few weeks now. I still can’t sleep and I’ve been drinking more than normal tonight. I’m trying out some new meds to help me sleep. Hopefully, they work.

As I awoke the next morning, I found myself in an unfamiliar room “What the hell?” I quickly got up and scanned the room: it was a simple apartment, the only furnishing being the bed and a small dresser as I continued to look around the room I saw what looked like a bathroom as I walked inside and toward the sink, I looked in the mirror and saw a teenage boy with navy blue hair and a diagonal scar on the right side of his lip.

When I saw this reflection, I began panicking and poked at my face before I ran back into the other room where I saw a phone laying on the dresser as I ran over and quickly turned it on I saw several news articles all containing one man All Might.

This new information hit me so suddenly that I almost didn’t comprehend what was happening. I was no longer in my dimension but somehow transported to the universe of My Hero Academia.

“Awesome!” 

If I was in the world of My Hero, then there was an 80 percent chance I would have a quirk right? My excitement steadily grew. What kind of amazing quirk would I have? Maybe I could brainwash people like Shinso or create explosions like Bakugou. I couldn’t wait so I began trying to figure out my quirk, and it came to me almost like an instinct. I held out my hand, waiting for my quirk to activate. As My excitement had reached its peak. As an icy stream of water flowed from my pointer finger, going only two feet in front of me. With that disappointing display, all my built-up excitement crashed and burned.

“I’m a human water gun.” 

No, let’s think about this logically: there must be some way to increase my quirk's power. Maybe I’m just using it wrong. And so I began scouring the apartment for any information regarding myself.

The only things I found were my name, Narumi Mizu, a letter from UA highschool informing me when the entrance exams were to begin and a form they laid out this apartment’s rent schedule with this month already crossed out.

“Ok, that’s one less thing to worry about, at least I’ll have a roof over my head.”

Leaving the papers on the dresser, I moved to the center of the room.

“Now let's see the limits of this quirk.”

After several hours of repeating the same lackluster display for hours, I decide to get in my western movie standoff poss and quick draw finger guns spritzing water out of my fingertips

“Bang, bang bang.”

I repeat this a few more times as I realize I’m standing in the middle of an apartment making a fool of myself shooting finger pistols when I suddenly get dizzy and almost fall over. It feels as if I have had nothing to drink in days, but as I began searching the room for something to drink; I realized I don’t have a fridge.

So instead I walked to the bathroom and drank from the sink. “How is this place considered livable? The bathroom is the only place actually furnished.”

A few hours of me scouring the internet on my bed go by when I hear my stomach growl and I remember I don’t have any food.

With my stomach growling and wallowing in self-pity, I search the dresser for any money so I can go by food.

“Please, mystical force of reincarnation have the benevolence to bless this mortal soul with cash.”

As I pray to the higher power that brought me here I find a worn-out wallet with a picture of a hero I don’t recognize printed on it as I open it I discover 10 dollars inside.

Now that I have found money so I can get food, I search the drawers for clothes and find a light blue t-shirt with a chibi shark dog with a red leash holding a tuna can on its nose plastered on it and jeans. After I finished getting dressed, I opened the apartment's front door to reveal a trashy motel lot. The smell of smoke and alcohol polluting the air outside as I walk down the old walkway to the stairs I see a girl about my age carrying moving boxes trying to get into the room.

“Do you want some help with that?”

“Huh, oh yes, actually some help would be magnificent.”

Grabbing two of the 3 boxes she’s carrying, I finally get a good look at her. She has violet hair that goes down to her shoulders and violet eyes.

As I study the face of the first person I’ve met since I woke up, she uses her now free hand to unlock her front door before walking inside and setting down her box with me following close behind to set the ones I’m holding down as well. She turns to me and says.

“Well, thanks a lot for the help. My name’s Teien Hanna. You can just call me Hanna.”

“You are very welcome. My name’s Narumi Mizu. You can call me Mizu.” My stomach growls as I head towards the door. “Well, I gotta go now, but I guess I’ll see you later since I live 3 rooms down.”

“Yeah, see you later.”

I walk out of her apartment and continue back on my quest to get food at a convenience store that I find after an hour of walking in circles.

I walk into the store and pick up a pre-made meal. As I’m paying for my dinner, using up what petty cash I have, I hear a loud crash from outside and as I run over I see a Human hippopotamus fleeing from a man in a bright red spandex onesie and goggles.

“HALT VILLAIN AND BE GLAD YOU ARE TO BE THE FIRST ARREST OF THE NEXT GREAT HERO REDMAN!!!” 

Suddenly the hippo villain makes a swift u-turn and charges. As the villain sprints towards him, Redman pulls out what looks like several red marbles.

“BEHOLD, JUST ONE OF MY MANY ATTACKS, RED COMET!!”

Redman then throws the marbles into the air where they seem to float for a moment before rocketing towards the villain leaving long red trails behind as they strike the villain, stopping him in his tracks.

“SO EVIL-DOER YOU COULD WITHSTAND MY RED COMET BUT WILL YOU SURVIVE THIS!!”

Redman turns and looks at a nearby fire hydrant holding out his arm, then suddenly one of the hydrant’s side caps bursts off of it, flying towards the hippo, striking him in the head, knocking him unconscious.

Redman apprehends the villain before and awaits for the police to arrive to hand him over. As I recover from the shock of the fight, I see the fire hydrant pouring out water and in the back of my mind, I feel as if I have just unlocked a new piece of myself.

I return home and eat my dinner before going to sleep, where I dream of a field of boiling geysers.

11