c2 – Creator’s Evaluation
121 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When children turn 6, they are obliged to attend a ceremony held by the local church to receive the [Creators]'s Evaluation . 

The existence known as [Creators] are beings who's origins are unknown, but they proclaimed that they are the ones who chooses job potentials with the highest success for the children.

Once they choose one, they will receive the utmost potential for their chosen occupation.

That is something that I will attend right now. As the church was at sight, children 6 and 12 year olds with their guardians are talking with each other.

Why are 12 year olds included? Because when you refuse to choose at your 6th evaluation, you get the chance to train your self in a specific field and in the 12th evaluation, the occupation you desire will likely show up.

Let's say I want to be a [Chef], but I've been playing swords until 6 years old. So, I could refuse the evaluation and try to practice cooking every day, until I turn 12 years old and I get the chance to choose again. That's how it works.

Well, considering I haven't even tried Swordsmanship, it's unlikely I'll get a physical occupation.

The trip was so long that we needed to eat lunch before going to the church. So it'll be later afternoon before its my turn huh. 

* * *

"Next!"

"Yes."

A young man peeked outside the door and was finding the next child to enter. His black clothing were blending with the door he was peeking from.

Wait, I'm already next?! Mom why didn't you let me get ready...

"Aren you should follow the young man."

"Okay mom..."

After entering the large door, everything was dark, except the windows that were directing the sunlight in the path I was walking.

There, I saw an old man with his white mantle, inside of it was also white clothing, and a huge fan shaped hat. Its a [Priest]

Beside him was a woman with her all black clothing reaching until her feet, it was certainly a Sister of the church.

"Welcome to the playground of the Creators!"

"...yes, thank you."

Playground? Is that how they perceive their own church?

"We shall begin. Sister, hand me the special note."

"Yes, your grace."

She then handed a piece of paper that was beside her to the Priest.

He then held the paper infront of him and took a glance at me. I could only smile because of the awkward silence.

Then he opened his mouth.

"[Holy - Insight] "

His eyes then started to shine bright white as it was directed onto my body, it shone from below up to above. It was a weird feeling.

He then looked at the paper that wasn't normally tattered, and began to do the same process as he did with me.

Ah, his eyes became normal again.

He was then handed a bottle with the church's crest in the middle. I thinks it's the rumored holy juice.

He then looked at the note as he was refreshed after having using his skill.

"Young child that is going by the name, Aren!"

"Yes! That's my name."

"..." 

Why are you going silent all of the sudden? I was shocked when you suddenly called my name!

He then looked at the paper again as if he saw some mistake. Then he opened his mouth and suddenly shouted. 

"You are a [Prophet]!!" 

"....what?"

"An [Alchemist] and a [Healer]!" 

"..." 

"You must choose carefully!" 

Wait, wait, wait! Isn't the [Prophet] one of the occupations on par with the [Hero]?! You just suddenly shouted and now what will I do with this shocking thing you screamed along side?! 

"I..." 

Ah...my consciousness..is fadi...ng

I fell on my knees but I was catched by the young man from before. 

* * * 

"Ahhh!" 

Where am I?! Where is this white nothingness!? Wasn't I at the church? Where is everyone?

I'm scared...

"No need to be afraid, young boy."

A soft voice came calling me. It was an lady..

She looks so elegant, beautiful...no, there aren't any words can compare to her. Her black hair, warm angled eyes, and pinkish lips along with her white clothing with some see through parts and two crescents floating behind her back, it's like her attractiveness came from a different dimension. 

"Haha~ you flatter me. Indeed, my beauty is really incomparable even in the other dimension." 

Did she just read my thoughts? Does that mean.... She's one of the Creators?! 

"I-I'm sorry for not kneeling before!"

"You are mistaken young boy~ I dare not call myself one of the Creators, as I am merely just a [Goddess]."

I forgot that she can read my mind.. Since not speaking is easier, I can feel more relaxed than intimidated. Or...is that not okay?

"No, no~ Feel free to do so."

Phew.. Okay, I'm rather confused. But where are we? I can guess this is some sort of another dimension, but is my body okay?

"Yes, your body is completely being laid down on one of the benches inside the Church. Here~"

She then randomly summoned a floating box like thing and inside it was a bird eye's view inside the church.

My body was being laid down in a bench inside the church, they're still continuing with the Creator's evaluation with the other children. Ah, mom went inside. Ahh, how embarrassing, a lap pillow in public... 

She then made the floating box dissappear. 

By the way...Lady Goddess..? Why did you summon my soul or rather, me here?

"Call me Serrah~ As to why I summoned you, because you were about to pick an occupation."

Ah, I do remember something like that. Wait, wasn't that my purpose for coming to the church in the first place?

"Haha~you're quite a funny kid. Yes, you were choosing one of the 3 occupations that showed in the note, right~?" 

Slightly remembering what the priest told me, I recalled 3 occupations. Healer, Alchemist, and..Prophet? 

I-is that why you called Lady Serrah? It's about the [Prophet] occupation right?

"Yes~ You see, before I will let you choose, I will tell you the privileges of being a Prophet." 

I can only look at her as she opened both of her hands. 

Um...why exactl-

"First~! Women will flock on to you!"

... 

O-okay..? I don't really understand what's the connection between being a Prophet and that.

"Hmm~ he don't seem to be interested, aren't all men beasts? But it certainly worked with the previous Prophets..." 

She murmured, I'm kind of curious what she was murmuring to herself to be honest. 

"Se-second! You will be sent to serve the King and you will join the [Heroes Group]!" 

Her voice suddenly got rough, did I think of something weird..? 

"Third~! Every week, you will get to see this Beautiful. Gorgeous. Pretty. One of a kind, me!" 

Woaahh she shines so bright before my eyes, then I remembered something. Wait, you mean I get to see the King in person?! 

"Huh? O-oh yes yo- Don't ignore me~!" 

Does that mean I'm one step closer to being a noble?! I could easily ask the king for the position of atleast a Baron, but I will have to join the Heroes group before I can ask something as unreasonable as that. 

I don't really want to fight monsters... 

"Stop ignoring me~! I'm still a Goddess, there's a limit on how much you can disrespect me~!" 

A Goddess... 

Wait.. Lady Serrah's a Goddess right? Doesn't that mean her position is higher than a village chief, noble or even a King?!

Uuu...what an unreachable position.. I-I'm sorry Lady Serrah.

"Ehmm. Since you understand, now you know what it's like to be Prophet~"

But..isnt a Prophet supposed to be strong? I'm not that powerful, and I'm just going to drag down the Heroes group.

I mean, why would I even have the Prophet Occupation? The only magic I can cast is [Water] magic, and the only magic skills I can use are basic ones.

"...I see~ You still haven't realized.."

Huh?

"Here let me show you~"

The floating box from before appeared again, but this time the insides were from yesterday when I took down the flogg.

So..could you please explain to me what your point is, Lady Serrah? 

"That~! You helped adjust the speed and made your shower skill flow with the magic essence right? That's a very hard thing to do at your age!"

What? But people in the village taught me that, I thought it was a normal thing to know?

"It is normal~ but people even talented nobles can only start learning this at age 14. Even if you have been given information about it a young age, you won't even know how to use it."

Huh..so it's that special? But even if I grow up, won't I just be considered normal when everyone at my age starts using it?

"That's where you're wrong~! You see, magic essence are particles floating that anyone can't see. It's used for three purposes, mana regeneration, magic speed control, and allowing magic to be casted."

Y-yes? But I do that everyday, so there shouldn't be anything weird right?

"Seriously? When I looked at your past, I saw you can control the size of basic water magic, you can lock your magic to your target, and your rapid mana regeneration is the most craziest you know~?!"

Haha..i guess I did all that, but is that really enough to be chosen as a Prophet?

"You're underestimating your abilities too much~ Your control of magic essence is great, I guess you can call it you have great [Mana Manipulation]."

Mana manipulation..That, that sounds so cool!!

"Anyways~ People don't actually need to have strong power to be a Prophet. In the past, talented Prophets such as you who are good at mana manipulation, also doesn't have strong power."

I guess the people who taught me magic in the village really are the reason that I have good mana manipulation right now. I'm thankful for them.

"But! You are a special case, the Prophets back then only got good at mana manipulation in their 20s, which means they got the occupation for Prophet because they had the potential in the first place, so training for a decade was what made it bloom.

But you already almost mastered it when you're this young, so that means your power can even get stronger as you age!"

Ahh!! Her voice kept rambling until I forgot she was even a Goddess in the first place. This raised doubts inside my head. 

"Stop loosing faith~!!"

Well she is a Goddess after all, she might easily kill me if I disrespect her some more.

Aaahh?! Why are you smiling there for!? Fine, now I get the history of Prophets, but why do you have to stuff this much information inside my head. I'm feeling dizzy.. 

"Ah~! It's already sunset in your dimension, that explains it."

The floating box that was still around changed the scenery to the setting sun. And dissappeared.

Why are you back at your usual tone?! But my consciousness is fading away again, falling asleep against my own will feels...so weird.... 

"This might not be the last time we meet, or is it~? It will depend on your choice."

Suddenly I remembered a scene from just a moment ago.

"Third~! Every week, you will get to see this Beautiful. Gorgeous. Pretty. One of a kind, me!" 

I think I got myself involved with someone trouble..some..

* * *

Waking up feeling dizzy, I felt a soft sensation on my left ear, this is probably my mom's legs. The setting sun was fading away from the clouds as seen through the windows above. 

I stood up, making everyone inside notice me. There is only one 12 year old infront of the priest, the sister, mom and the young man helper from before are here. 

"I've decided..."

My body was glowing, standing out from the dark shadows inside the Church. 

Honestly, that Goddess.. If she didn't show up, I won't even bat an eye on that troublesome thing. 

Since she guaranteed that I would atleast meet the king in the future, I'd like to be a step ahead of my goals.

I'll become..

"I'll become a [Prophet]!"

 

Thank you for reading the start up chapters, after this I will likely turn chapters into 2 parts. Ex. (c3p2) or something like that.

 

If you have any questions, feel free to comment because I may make a chapter which answers it all in the future. Thanks for reading this note. 

1