[Arc 1 – C0]: Prologue
579 8 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hello! My name is Jerry Spruce. I don't really know how to start with this so let's get self-introduction out of the way first. I am 39 years old, unmarried/single man living in the Baltic country of Estonia.... Yeah, I know, you've never heard of it. My mother, who lived in the United Kingdoms, moved here with my father when I was 4 years old. Because of this I am quite proficient in both Estonian as well as English. 

I have always... been average in everything. Average in sports, average in school, average in looks. To put it simply, I have always been one of those mob characters. To be perfectly honest, I don't particularly mind. However, it has always felt like something is missing.

Like most stories like this, mine begins on a normal workday. I had grinded some code for a personal project I was working during the early hours of the morning, so I was not quite awake. So, maybe that played a part of my decision, but, for the first time forever, I decided to stop being part of the mob, and be the hero.

I saw an accident coming. Because it is winter, and the winters in Estonia are more often than not quite icy (I mean that literally - the roads are often covered with ice) a child slipped while walking on the sidewalk and was about to be run over. Like a typical protagonist, I decided to save the kid... while dying myself. And that is where I am at currently. They say your life flashes in your eyes before you die but... for me it seems to be a lot of unnecessary thoughts. How I got here, what I regret, what I wish I had done more. To be honest... I just wish... I had something I was good at, not average.

Oh well, regretting now has no point anyway, it's been a pretty average life but let's get on to the afterlife, maybe I'll find some fun there.

 

After that, I spent what felt like hours in the cold. Maybe it was the icy road I died on or the way to the afterlife.

Eventually, I heard a sound - and opened my eyes to see... baby hands? As a 'man of culture' myself I had read enough of these stories to know... IT had happened to me! I had actually freaking reincarnated.. But... the car that killed me was a Lamborghini not truck-kun ):

Oh, well... Whatever.

Welcome [Administrator]!

Oh... alright... even having read a lot of bad novels like that, I had not expected that... I do hope this is not just someone playing a mean prank.

The [System] has chosen you as the [Administrator]. Not all [Admin Authority] perks will be immediately unlocked, however, they will unlock as you level up your [Authority].

 

Titles [Administrator], [Reincarnator], [Once in a millenium talent], [Noble of Ergold Empire] successfully acquired.
Due to acquired titles, the following skills were acquired: [Admin Authority], [Appraisal], [Noble Charisma], [Army Command].

I...... have so many questions... but looking at the word [Administrator], I doubt anyone can actually answer my questions, huh?

Notification. Due to request from the assigned [Administrator]. The user will get to ask 3 questions from the System directly. Please ask!

 

... WHAT... is this Deus ex Machina? Is that what is happening here? ... Well... then again... if the word "Administrator" is anything to go by, I am something like a God? So that makes sense then, I guess? Well, whatever... let's just ask what's on my mind. But... I can't speak. I'm just going to hope it hears my thoughts.

 

(Hello Mr. System? I'd like to know how I reincarnated.)

 I, the System, reincarnated you. I had actually been keeping an eye on you since you were born, since your soul burned very brightly. However, your previous world [Earth], due to being too young cannot handle my direct involvement. Thus, it was decided I would simply watch and judge you till you died. Once you did, I retrieved your soul and replanted it in dimension ID #9531-BCL-214C, nicknamed [Serla]. Since then, 231 years have passed and your soul was finally put into a body. Once it was, due to the arrangements made, the body immediately changed to the correct specifications.

 

(I... alright... I don't even know where to begin to refute that so I am just not going to. I am not an idiotic isekai protagonist! So seems to be this whole [Administrator] thing is pretty special, in which case... is there a way to hide my status?)

Do you... wish to hide your status?

(Yes? I mean... I don't wanna misuse my power myself nor do I want other to do that with my power.)

... Registered. Accessing [Akashic Records]. Access complete. Granting [Shadow of Light]. Granted.
Title [Shadow of Light] successfully acquired.
Due to the acquired title, the following skills were acquired: [Physical Disguise], [Status Disguise].

... I was wordless at this point. This is really is deus ex machina... isn't it.

(I have... two questions but not really sure if they event count as questions. For the first one - is there a way to view my own skills, and for the second one - is there a way to view the requirements for the titles?)

Checking...... I can answer both questions. First, simply chant 'Status' in your mind. This is a [System] command available to everyone in every world which is evolved enough that the [System] can directly intervene as such, it does not really count as a valid question to the [System] since it is common knowledge. For the second question: Usually, being at level 1, this would be impossible. However, you are the [Administrator] and thus have extra access to the Akashic Records. Simply use [Appraisal] on the titles themselves.
This concludes my first time service. We will talk again when the time comes [Administrator]. Before I go, take this as a free tip to my future master: Start using the [Memory] ability as soon as possible, it will give you more benefits the earlier you use it.

... A free tip huh? What a generous system.

..

I really wanna do it!

I'm doing it.

(Status)

Name: Tina Armonius

Age: 0

Gender: FEMALE

Race: Unnamed

Level: 1 (0%)

Experience: 0 / 200

---------------------------------------------------------------

Agility: 5

Strength: 6

Vitality: 5

Dexterity: 7

Wisdom: 7

Intelligence: 5

---------------------------------------------------------------

Titles

[Reincarnator]

[Administrator]

[Once in a millennium talent]

[Noble of Ergold Empire]

[Shadow Of Light]

---------------------------------------------------------------

Skills

[Admin Authority (Lv. 1)]

[Appraisal]

[Physical Disguise (Lv. 1)]

[Status Disguise (Lv. 1)]

[Noble Charisma]

[Army Command]

 

... I'M A FEMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALE?


Random fact of the chapter:

Most people today use adventurer rank based system, however, before this was introduced a system like this was used.

Level 1 to 10:

Rank 4 (Soldier)

Level 20 to 30:

Rank 3 (Elite Soldier)

Level 30 to 40:

Rank 2 (Squad Leader)

Level 50 to 60:

Rank 1 (General)

Level 70 to 80:

Heroic (Hero)

Level 90 to 99:

Mythical

Level 100 to 200:

Transcendent

Level 200+:

Divine

And that is a wrap for the Prologue. I don't even precisely know where I am going with this but if you have criticism and/or ideas let me know.

 

A few other things:

  1. If anyone has an idea for the cover, let me know
  2. If anyone who is decent at English wants to help with editing & grammar checking hit me up.

 

EDIT (02/07/2021): Random fact of the chapter edited to make sure it is understandable the ranking system used there is archaic.

13