[Arc 1 – C2]: [Memory] Skill
619 5 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The only important information I learned after that is that my father was a Duke of the Empire, thus being one of the richest and most influential families in the Empire. There were 12 Duke families. We being one of them.

Since the [Memory] skill said something about losing consciousness, I decided to use it when going to sleep.

The next thing I knew I was in a dark space.

[Memory] initialized.

 

Please choose category:
- Martial Arts
- Magic
- Craftsmanship
 
New categories will unlock as you progress through [Memory].

From the short time I had spent in this world, I had realized fighting played a major part. As such I had instantly eliminated [Craftsmanship] from my options.

Next - Although I, as much as any other person, was excited about using [Magic]. I felt like I should start with something that I am familiar with, thus I decided to go with [Martial Arts].

Please choose type:
- Spear
- Sword
- Bow
- Unarmed Combat
 
New types will unlock as you progress through [Memory].

I decided to go with unarmed combat. Mainly due to the chance of losing a weapon.

Beginning [Memory] of [A-rank] Steelbodied lord Ronald Arkvon. You are currently in the body of a general of the kingdom of Sanodia 73 years ago. You are not able to intervene with the past, just experience it. Should the [User] be found to be in any danger, the [System] will immediately stop the [Memory]. Good luck!

I presume Sanodia is a country. But why is Heroic in brackets ([ ])? Does that mean that is some sort of term? Well, I guess I'll find out later.

As I thought such useless thoughts, the [Memory] had begun.

Ronald stood in the desert with his army. They were fighting against elves... I do wish that I could understand what the elves and the Sanodians were saying though.

Every time Ronald punched, an elf was out of the war. He aimed directly at their weakpoints. His punches were short, precice and deadly. The whole experience, from my point of view, felt very realistic. I could feel the blood of the elves on my face, the wind blowing as Ronald moved through the battlefield.

The battle continued for weeks, eventually coming to a standstill. The two armies negotiated and decided that they would end the war in a one on one duel between the opposing generals.

The opposing general was a young (well, for elves at least) elf woman. As an elf she focused on magic and agility. The two opposing generals decided to talk before fighting.

[System] is intervening. Changing language in [Memory] to understandable form for [user].

Oh now you do that... Shake my head...

"General Arkvon, it is an honor to fight against you. And, I just want to say, whether I win or lose - you are a truly brilliant strategist and warrior." (Elf General)

"Same words for you, General Lambord. You as well are brilliant. If we were not on opposing sides, I would gladly be your friend." (Ronald Arkvon)

So the elf's surname is Lambord, huh?

"Same to you. Let's start." (Lambord)

And they started their duel.

Humans often have a disadvantage in duels, due to them being a balanced build. On the other hand, if they have a much higher level than the other person than they are better in everything... Huh? How do I actually know that?

[Memory] is answering users question: Thanks to me. I give you the experience of what you are watching but also the knowledge necessary to process that experience.

Hmmm... okay then.

Anyways, humans often have a disadvantage due to that. It was the same in this case, because Ronald could not go against the elves superior agility with his balanced stats and similar level.

Eventually, after around 30 minutes of fighting between the two generals. Ronald lost.

"It was a glorious duel. End me." (Ronald)

"Thank you for the fight." (Lambord)

Lambord ended Ronalds life with magic.

[Memory] has ended. Please choose whether to quit [Memory], go to Practice field or choose new [Memory].

Hmm... I choose the Practice field.

As I thought that, my field of view once again went dark, before turning into a colorful, full of grass, world.

Notification! Due to experience in [Memory] the skills: [Arnold's Unarmed Combat (Lv. 1)], [Weakness Detection (Lv. 1)], [Enemy Detection (Lv. 1)] have been acquired.
 
[Arnold's Unarmed Combat (Lv. 1)]
 
The [Heroic] Lord Arnold Arkvon's unarmed combat skill.
 
Lv. 1
 
PASSIVE
 
Available sub-skills:
- Arnold's Critical Strike
- Arnold's Footwork
- Arnold's Iron Constitution
 
[Weakness Detection (Lv. 1)]
 
When facing an enemy, you can easily tell where their weaknesses are.
 
Lv. 1
 
PASSIVE

 

[Enemy Detection (Lv. 1)]
 
You can easily find enemies thanks to their killing intent and mana.
 
Lv. 1
 
PASSIVE

 

[Arnold's Critical Strike]
 
If activated before attacking the following attack, if hit in a weakness spot with Unarmed combat will do 700% extra damage.
Will use up 25% of maximum MP.
 
ACTIVE

 

[Arnold's Footwork]
 
The footwork used in unarmed combat.
 
PASSIVE

 

[Arnold's Iron Constitution]
 
Makes your body stronger and more durable. Precise strengthening effect depends on the user.
 
PASSIVE

Huh, neat. I got a lot of overpowered skills, huh. 

I then proceeded to spend the next few hours just using the skills I gained. Weirdly enough, it seems that with skills, once you gained them you instinctively knew how to use them. However, that did not not mean you could use them perfectly. It is similar to a tool - you might instinctively know how to pick it up and use it but it takes experience to use it well.

After a few hours had passed I got a new notification.

 

Notification! It is possible to summon a shadow to fight agains't. Please choose whether to spawn a shadow.

Ooo. This seems just what I needed. It is getting a bit difficult to improve without an opponent.

(Yes, please!)

Accepted. Please choose difficulty:
- Easy
- Normal
- Hard
- Nightmare

... Wow, nightmare is a thing, huh. Let's start with just Easy.

(Easy.)

Accepted. Spawning shadow.

The next moment, an individual who looked like a dark shadow, without a face, appeared.

Shadow spawned. Please bear in mind, that while you cannot get hurt, you can still feel pain fighting against the shadow.

Alright then, let's do this.


The first few battles were incredibly difficult. It seems to be setup so that it has the same stats as me on easy, but is a level lower when it comes to skill levels. However, due to the fact that my skill levels were 1, it was the same as me.

Eventually, after a few hard fought battles, I got this notification.

[Arnold's Unarmed Combat] has levelled up to level 2! 
[Weakness Detection] has levelled up to level 2!

After that, the battles became significantly easier. As I grew, the shadow also grew, so I kept fighting in that way till I reached level 5 in [Arnold's Unarmed Combat].

Then I switched to normal mode. Normal mode was designed in a way where both of our stats and skill levels were precisely equal, but in exchange I gained EXP points for my skills faster.

Honestly, I lost the first 15 or so of our battles. After that I started to realize what was wrong with my fighting. After another 30 battles or so I could quite easily win, by then [Arnold's Unarmed Combat] had reached level 20 and [Weakness Detection] had reached level 8.

[Memory] limit for the current day reached. Shutting down.

Oh? So it has a limit then. I was wondering how I got out of it?

When I woke up I got this notification.

Notification! Due to training done in [Memory] practice field, your body is adapting. Title [Trained Body] acquired.

 

[Trained Body]

Requirements:

- Have trained your body to a certain point.

 

Effects:

- Agility + 1

- Strength + 1

- Dexterity + 2

I felt pain for a second in my every muscle, after which it disappeared. I imagine it was my body adapting to the changed in status. It's good to know I can actually train my body in [Memory] as well.

(Status)

Name: Tina Armonius

Age: 0

Gender: FEMALE

Race: Ancient Celestial

Level: 1 (0%)

Experience: 0 / 200

---------------------------------------------------------------

Agility: 6

Strength: 7

Vitality: 5

Dexterity: 9

Wisdom: 7

Intelligence: 5

---------------------------------------------------------------

Titles

[Reincarnator]

[Administrator]

[Once in a millennium talent]

[Noble of Ergold Empire]

[Shadow of Light]

[Trained Body]

---------------------------------------------------------------

Skills

[Admin Authority (Lv. 1)]

[Appraisal]

[Physical Disguise (Lv. 1)]

[Status Disguise (Lv. 1)]

[Noble Charisma]

[Army Command]

[Calm Mind (Lv.1)]

[Arnold's Unarmed Combat (Lv. 20)]

[Enemy Detection (Lv. 1)]

[Weakness Detection (Lv. 8)]

 

Another chapter done. This time we explore the [Memory] mechanic and what it entails. Sorry for the late update. I had a bunch of things IRL happening.

Should I make a discord?
Results are only viewable after voting. You must be logged in to vote.
15