Spreading the Word
18 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Vanessa and Finral were shocked at what had happened to Asta and Noelle that day. They came back bruised, and still angry at Luck, who was covered in bruises and carrying a comically large amount of souvenirs.

"H-how much did you two make him spend?" Vanessa said, trying to hide her laughter.

"All I had!" Luck said, laughing along with Vanessa. "they got me good!"

"Enough to teach you a lesson hopefully!" Noelle shouted, glaring at Luck. With Asta slowly joining in the laughter, then Finral, and eventually Noelle joining in. They laughed for a little bit before Finral opened up a portal back home.

"We should be getting back," he said, wiping away a tear from his eye. "I can't even imagine the punishment Captain Yami is going to give Luck for this." He chuckled, stepping through his spell.

"Yeah, you are probably in for quite the tour of hell Luck," Vanessa said, going after Finral.

Noelle nodded at Asta, "Luck, you can go, we'll be right after you." She said, Luck nodding and walking through the portal back home. Once he was gone, Noelle jumped into Asta's arms, "I want to make an entrance." she said, kissing his cheek.

"I had the same idea!" Asta said, kissing her on the forehead as they stepped through the portal and back into the main hall of the Black Bulls. They saw Gauche, using his mirror to talk to his little sister Marie, Charmy, chowing down on some freshly baked honey ham. Magna sitting on the couch with Grey in their transformed state, and Gordon sitting in the corner quietly helping luck put all the souvenirs down on the ground. All of them looked at the pair when they came through the portal. Marie was waving at Asta through the mirror with Gauche glaring menacingly until they both realized Asta was carrying Noelle.

Asta smiled at Noelle, and she smiled back, in secret agreeing to do this. They kissed, in front of everyone, Magna's glasses broke from sheer surprise, Charmy's food fell out of her mouth, Gordon made a noise that was almost audible, Marie gasped loud enough to be heard throughout the room, and Gauche smiled.

They broke the kiss, and Asta loudly announced. "We're dating!" causing the hall to erupt in cheers from the people who didn't already know. Magna vaulted over the couch and sprinted over to them.

"Of course you are," he said, pushing the frames of his glasses up. "My plan was foolproof!" causing everyone to burst out laughing, with Asta setting Noelle down. But a cry from Gauche's mirror stopped everything, looking at it Marie was crying.

"B-but I wanted to" Marie cried before the mirror was facing the ground and the sounds of her running off could still be audible. Gauche glaring at Asta and Noelle, his grimoire glowing with magic. Noelle and Asta were getting ready to defend themselves, as Gauche launched a spell from a mirror. With Asta cutting it with his shorter sword and Noelle creating a barrier of water around them.

"stop that spell so I can kill you!" Gauche shouted, "No one makes my sister cry!" He launched another beam of magic using his mirrors, trying to push through Noelle's defensive spell. He kept up his magic attack until Magna dived in between them and punched Gauche in the face.

"Calm down dude!" he yelled, "They didn't mean to make her upset!"

"Yeah, I don't even know why she was crying in the first place!" Asta shouted, "So calm down!"

"Gauche, calm down, we'll apologize to her later," Noelle said, lowering her barrier.

"Fine, as long as you apologize to her later," Gauche said, returning to his seat.

Everyone sighed in relief, before immediately asking Noelle and Asta what happened. Information from Grey not being enough for Charmy and Magna. Asta started explaining everything, blushing at the more romantic things where Noelle chimed in for proper details. Everyone laughing at the recount, Magna gave Asta a hearty pat on the back. When they asked about all the souvenirs, they explained the training Mereoleona put them through. Everyone was glaring at Luck who was caught quietly slipping out of the room at that part of the story, and having to dodge several spells launched out of anger.

Noelle and Asta laughed, "he's learned his lesson, or more accurately his wallet did!" Asta said, pointing at the pile of things they bought.

They all sat and talked late into the night, Captain Yami eventually coming out of his room to enjoy a cigarette and newspaper. Nodding at the two as he realized they were already back. Laughing as they gave him a recap of what happened.

"Sounds like she got you good." He laughed while folding up his paper, "But it sounds like she did think it was an important lesson for you two."

"That's what she said," Noelle said, "I think we still need some time to decide if we agree."

"Yeah, I'm still a little mad about it," Asta said, rubbing the back of his head. "But at least I get how dangerous it will be." Gently holding Noelle's hand, with her smiling at him.

"Either way, you broke through your limits," Yami said, standing up and yawning. "I'm heading back to bed, feel free to stay up."

"Goodnight Captain," Noelle said, before giving Asta a quick kiss on the cheek.

"It's been a crazy few days," Asta said, putting his arm around Noelle's waist. "But, I'm happy!"

"Me too," Noelle said happily, "Mereoleona was scary but, for a first date it could've gone worse."

Everyone laughed and stayed up well into the night, Noelle and Asta showed off the souvenirs Luck, and Leopold had got for them. Seashell collections, ugly shirts, necklaces, wooden carvings, and all sorts of other trinkets. Slowly the hall emptied out, eventually leaving Noelle, Asta, Grey and Magna alone.

"so, I'm glad you had a lot of fun," Magna said, "Sorry I couldn't be there for it."

"It's fine," Noelle said, drinking some tea. "If you had come I'm sure Mereoleona would've wrapped you into that training too."

"Yeah, you would've probably had to throw fireballs at us!" Asta chuckled.

"I probably would've been pounded into the dirt for refusing!" Magna laughed, with everyone joining in except Grey, who quietly changed into their untransformed form.

"I-I'm j-j-just glad I d-didn't ruin it!" they stammered, nervously hiding their head behind Magna's robe. "I-I was s-so happy!"

Magna moved up on the couch to let Grey hide, "Grey you did great, and I'm glad my plan was a home run!" he said, giving them a big thumbs up.

"It was Magna!" Asta shouted, standing up excitedly. "The dungeon view was nice, even if I didn't get it."

Everyone laughed at that, with Noelle giving Asta a small kiss before grabbing part of her souvenirs and heading to bed. Magna and Grey walked off soon after, leaving Asta alone in the hall. He smiled and sat alone for a few minutes. Eventually, he grabbed most of the souvenirs that belonged to him and went to his room. Grabbing some parchment and starting to write a letter home late into the night.

"Hi everyone! I'm sorry for not writing for the last week or so; A lot has happened. Sister Lily, I'm sorry for constantly asking you to marry me. One of my friends explained why that wasn't a good thing to do. Also, I somehow managed to get a girlfriend; I'll try and bring her to visit sometime. We went to the beach and got a lot of souvenirs too, so I'm sending some to everyone." He smiled at what he wrote, despite it being slightly illegible in places and signed it. He managed to write a similar letter addressed to his rival Yuno before folding them up and going to bed, with Nero hopping out and falling asleep on his pillow.

Elsewhere in the Clover Kingdom.

The Golden Dawn, the most prestigious group of magic knights in the Clover kingdom. Alone in her room, Mimosa Vermillion was drafting a letter late into the night.

"My Dearest Asta," she said as she wrote, scratching it out. Her pen was shaking. She stopped and took a deep breath.

"Hello, Asta," she started writing, "I was wondering if we could meet in the..." she paused, her words getting confused in her head. "Why is this so hard!" she wailed as she gently put her head down on her desk. Knocking a few crumpled pieces of parchment to the ground, she stood up and started pacing. Her mind was racing and kept her up well into the night. It took all night, but she eventually managed to draft the letter. Holding it close to her, she got dressed in her uniform and walked downstairs for breakfast. Finding the table she sat at in the fancy halls of their headquarters, she sat across from her older teammate, Klaus.

"Good morning Mimosa!" the older man said as he ate a bowl of porridge. "Did you sleep well?" he stopped when he saw the bags under Mimosa's eyes.

"Good morning Klaus," she yawned, "no I didn't get any sleep." She held the letter close to her chest, "I was up all night writing something."

"What could be so important that you spent all night writing it?" Klaus asked, "You know better than this."

"It was something important to me," Mimosa said, taking some fruit from a nearby bowl and starting to eat. "I'll be sending it today!"

"Who's it for?" Klaus said, taking another bite of his porridge.

"Asta," mimosa said, her smile wide and a small blush appearing on her face.

Klaus nodded, and they both started talking about their plans for the day. Eventually, Mimosa went off to find a delivery bird to carry her letter and sent it off.

"sending mail?" A voice said behind her, Yuno walking towards her, a small parcel in his hands.

"Yes, just sending something to Asta," Mimosa said, smiling at her friend.

Yuno nodded and sent off his parcel with a delivery bird, "to Asta?"

"Yes, I would like to tell him something in person." smiling as she walked back to their base. skipping slightly as her hopes rose.

"Hopefully he gets it, he's dense," Yuno mumbled, walking back with her. Stopping when he heard a chirp from a delivery bird that landed behind him. A small parcel and letter underneath it, written in large barely legible letters with his name on it. He walked over and picked it up, giving the delivery bird a soft pat before it flew off. Opening the letter his eyes widened, and a breeze picked up, blowing the note away. Yuno dived for it, rereading it a few times, Mimosa staring at his uncharacteristic behaviour.

"Is everything okay Yuno?" she asked, trying to get a peek at the note.

"Yes, everything is fine," Yuno said, stuffing the note into a pocket. "Asta sent you, Klaus and me some souvenirs in this parcel." Walking past her to the base, "We'll open it together." causing Mimosa to smile and run after him.

They met in Yuno's room, Klaus and Mimosa sitting on his bed, and Yuno sitting on his desk chair. He slowly opened the parcel, seeing another letter inside and scanning it.

"It's also from Noelle," he said, looking inside. "That explains the gift wrapping." Taking a small item out, handing it to Klaus, who happily opened it revealing a steel necklace with seashells on the chain.

"It's beautiful," he said, staring at it, putting it around his neck.

"It is," Mimosa said as Yuno handed her one as well. She opened it to find a set of bracelets with shells embedded in them, smiling as she put them on.

"I'm assuming those are from Noelle," Yuno said, opening a package for him, revealing an expertly carved pin of an eagle made of wood. He smiled as put it on his coat, and looked back inside the box. "...Those were definitely from Noelle," he said, pulling out what appeared to be an armguard made of driftwood. He set it on his desk while handing what seemed like a stuffed toy to Klaus.

"I think it's supposed to be a dolphin." He said, putting it gently down next to him as Mimosa got a similar toy.

"It's the thought that counts," Mimosa said, stifling a yawn.

Yuno looked inside the package, finding one last thing for him inside. It was a wooden picture frame, made of the same wood as his new pin. Inside was a full-colour picture of Asta and Noelle, sitting on a log. The setting sun in the background was illuminating the focus; Asta and Noelle were kissing. A small note drifted down from the photo frame, landing at Klaus's feet. He picked it up as Yuno was too distracted by what he was holding.

Klaus's jaw dropped, there were two things written on the note. In poor handwriting, "Hey Yuno! Guess I beat you at getting a girlfriend first!" and in much nicer writing. "I suppose this may make you my brother in the future, Yuno." The note was signed, Asta and Noelle.

Mimosa read the note as well, then reread it. Her smile shrinking as her jaw dropped as well. All of them staring at it, then the picture, and then yelling.

"H-how?" Yuno said, his calm demeanour replaced with utter confusion as he set the frame on his desk.

"This is incredibly unexpected and wonderful!" Klaus yelled, standing up from Yuno's bed. "We should get them something to celebrate!"

"M-maybe it's just a prank though!" Mimosa said, her voice sounding desperate as she pushed her fingers together. "A-after all Noelle would never..." she couldn't finish the thought before putting her hands on her face and laying down on the bed.

"...I wanted to be the one in that situation," she said softly, a few tears forming in her eyes.

"Mimosa?" both of her friends said, turning to face her.

"I suppose I never had a chance," she said quietly, her friends listening intensely. "They were always together whenever I saw them; I guess it was a matter of time." tears now rolling down the sides of her face. Klaus gently put a hand on her shoulder.

"I didn't know you felt that way about Asta," he said, gently sitting her back up.

"I didn't think anyone felt that way about Asta," Yuno thought to himself. Standing up and walking over to console Mimosa, "is there anything we can do?" he said, sitting next to her.

"No. I don't think s-," Mimosa paused, before jumping up to her feet. "My letter! We need to stop it somehow!"

"Mimosa, it was sent over an hour ago," Yuno said, watching her start to run out of his room. "I don't think we can catch it, and it may have already arrived."

Mimosa paused, turned around and looked them both dead in the eyes. "Th-then what should I do!? I asked Asta out to lunch tomorrow!" she said, her hands grasping her face.

"Why don't we send another letter?" Klaus said, his hand on his chin, "Invite them both and we all go out to celebrate?"

"That could work!" Mimosa said, hugging Klaus, "and then he never has to find out how I feel!" laughing slightly, before yawning and sitting down on Yuno's bed again.

"Good!" Klaus said, grabbing some paper from Yuno's desk, "Now we need you to-"

"Klaus, she's asleep," Yuno said, accompanied by some light snoring from Mimosa.

Klaus sighed, "I suppose I will write the letter then," he sighed, Yuno motioning to his desk. He sat down and wrote a quick letter, also inviting Noelle to the lunch Mimosa had planned. He sent it off after having Yuno read over it.

Elsewhere in the forsaken realm of the Clover Kingdom.

Hage village's church was in an uproar; the kids were screaming with happiness, the Priest and Sister Lily crying tears of joy. All the kids playing with the toys Asta and Noelle had sent them. A large sum of money was sent home as a generous donation from Leopold and Luck. And a similar photo as the one Yuno received, with Noelle and Asta sitting in the sunset. Their arms wrapped around one another, both smiling with a note saying, "See you soon!" attached.

The Black Bull base.

Asta had been working all day in the gym after sending some souvenirs out to his friends and family. The days had flown by so quickly, less than two weeks ago he was head over heels for Sister Lily. And now Noelle occupied almost all of his thoughts, their first kiss occasionally flashing into his head causing him to lose focus and change what exercise Asta was doing. Squats, push ups, pull ups, an entire work out routine was done multiple times until Noelle walked in.

"Asta, you've got mail," she said, holding a few letters in her hand and walking over. "Well, we have mail," she said, handing one addressed only to Asta first. He opened the letter and stared at it for a moment.

"I can't read it," Asta said, his voice dropping.

"What do you mean?" Noelle said, walking over to him and looking at the letter over his shoulder.

"All the letters are loopy and weird, I can't understand them at all," Asta said, turning the paper at various angles trying to read it.

"Let me read it, Dorksta," Noelle said, gently grabbing the letter, and sitting down on a nearby bench with Asta joining her. "I'll have to teach you how to read this later," she said as Asta lay down on her lap. Noelle blushed as she started to read.

"Greetings Asta, I was wondering if you would want to join me for lunch tomorrow. We haven't seen each other in a while, and I would like to catch up. There is a restaurant I think you would like; it typically has a lot of children nearby who may want to play with you. Please let me know soon,

Signed,

Mimosa"

"A restaurant?" Asta said, putting his hand on his chin. "I think she means Rebecca's restaurant! It'll be fun to play with those kids again!"

Noelle nodded, silently rereading the letter. Her mind raced, "could this be?" she thought before grabbing a second letter addressed to them both. Opening it, she started reading to distract her from her thoughts.

"Hello Noelle and Asta, this is Klaus Lunette. We received your delivery of souvenirs and wished to say thanks. As well I believe Mimosa sent a letter to Asta before we received this and she would like to extend the invitation to you as well Noelle. Yuno shall also be joining us; we shall be at the restaurant around noon.

Hope to see you there,

Klaus Lunettes.

P.S: I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU TWO!"

Asta and Noelle both laughed at the last part of the letter, "I suppose we have a lunch plan for tomorrow." She said, pulling out the piece of mail.

"It should be fun!" He said, sitting up and moving beside Noelle to read it. "We haven't seen them for a while."

The last letter was almost illegible; it looked like several people wrote on it at the same time. They spent a long time trying to figure out what was on it. Eventually realizing it was from Hage Village, with everyone telling Asta to visit soon. They laughed, realizing they had a lot of people to see in the future. Noelle kissed Asta on the cheek before getting up and walking out.

"See you at dinner?" she said, standing in the doorway, "If you miss it I'll tell Charmy to eat your share."

"Yeah, I will be Noelle!" Asta said, grabbing another set of weights, "I'll see you there, I love you!"

Both of them froze for a moment, their faces flushed before Noelle nodded and said, "I love you too Asta." and walked off blowing a kiss to him. Asta smiled and went back to his physical training, eventually practising with his swords until he smelled food coming from the main hall, and left for dinner.

Inside he saw Noelle talking with Captain Yami, and overheard the end of their conversation.

"You can go tomorrow, but after that, I'm working you both to the bone," he said, standing over Noelle menacingly. She nodded excitedly and turned around, seeing and running towards Asta.

"We're free to go," She said, "only catch is this will be our last free day for a while."

"That's fine," Asta said, a large smile on his face, " I'm glad we get to spend some more time together,"

"All right you two," Yami said, standing over them, "I may have been generous with how many days off you two got to be together. But I already have several jobs lined up for you two to take after tomorrow. If either of you complains you both die." Lighting a cigarette and going to sit down with his dinner. "Understood?"

"Yes Sir!" the pair said, saluting then going to eat their dinner. Asta surprised Noelle afterwards by asking for writing lessons.

The lessons did not go well.

Hey, thanks for reading! I’m MagicLottie and I specialize in writing fun, upbeat queer erotica and fanfiction! If you liked what you read, why not check out my patreon where you can vote on monthly stories and get access to everything one week early! https://www.patreon.com/MagicLottie

0