[Vol. 1] Chapter-3: Magic Academy (7)
61 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We dashed towards the source of the explosion, and it was quite surprising. It came exactly from our very classroom! 

Inside we saw Venvo on the ground and many other students wailing. What’s new was there were some other dudes in dark robes, fully dressed in black. Some sort of black masks too they wore. Who were they? How did they enter? Whoever they might be, didn’t seem like good people. 

It became clear only when my sight fell beyond thembroken windows. Each and every pane of glasses were in shards!

Another bad thingbehind us, the entrance was already sealed. Neither did we see nor did anything happen after we entered! Was this some sort of an illusion? No. The wall is real. It indeed is made of stone. So was it magic, like, being able to enter but not exit? Was it like a one-way-entry? Does something like that even exist? Whatever. Like the usual me I’m just over-scrutinizing things. 

“You...You F**king d*ck!”

Venvo leaped up and plunged at them, specifically at the ‘mastermind’ looking guy among the dudes (since he was the only one with a robe-covered head). Butanother one of them appeared in front and grabbed his arm, pinning him down to the ground.

That mastermind-looking guy then-

“I may have my commencement first. Ahem. Greetings young children. You all are lucky to be in my care. I am the great Avalanche! The second in command of the Legion of Wild Chaos! This is finally the day, when we have you all. Under. Us. And let me warn you…”

-snapped his fingers, and just below Venvo appeared a magenta magic circle. It slowly glowed brighter and brighter then, all of a sudden, he started shrieking his lungs out. Following his scream were some black-ish smoke emanating out his eyes, mouth, and his skin. A very horrifying scene.

“AAAAARRRRRRGGGHHH!”

The sight was anguishing to watch. His face, his cry of despair, it was a little tough for me. I was not unmindful that it was that very guy who discriminated against us. But for some reason, for some reason I cannot explain, I wanted to help. I fail to reason out why but I had this throbbing feeling to protect that guy. Not only him but everyone trapped here, from this Avalanche guy.

“...Anyone daring to oppose us will have the same fate as this child. So listen and you all will be out of harm's way. Where is your professor?”

Even after that, the room was in pin-drop silence. No one answered, not a single captive soul responded to him.

“I see. I need to display more of my powe-”

“Stop it right now!”

These words echoed across the classroom and it caught Avalanche’s attention, instantly averting his gaze upon me. Yea. It was me who cried out. 

“Hi-Hisashi!”

The voice of concerned Aya cried out. With a gentle smile I signalled ‘I’ll be all right’ as a thumbs up, and to move away a bit, and they did, even though Aya was hesitant at first. And like before, Reiko-san was still clueless...Yare yare. Good thing Katsuro-san dragged her away.

I’m sorry, I know some of you might be cursing why I decided to help that crap guy who discriminated against us. But I just can’t bear to see any more. There must be some good reason for their behaviour, as I’ve already mentioned. Because why would the whole freaking class unnecessarily discriminate against other-worlders?  

Avalanche’s other men were about to jump on me, but he halted them and continued-

“Seems like not everyone will be a disappointment. I must give you poor soul the credit for confidence.”

Enough of his bullcrap. Is he testing me or what? I told him not to abuse Venvo anymore, but he still doesn’t seem to listen. Because the magic circle was still there and the black smoke was still emanating.

“Didn’t I tell you to stop abusing him?!”

He had nothing but a blank-stare for a few moments.

“What if I don’t?”

Damn. Is this guy serious? What the hell is his problem? Instead of relieving Venvo from tormentation, he made the circle glow brighter with another snap, and his cry became louder. Seems like he won’t be listening to me, yare yare. Then I’ve got no other choice but to use that thing. And by that thing-

[Does the young master wish to summon <uncommon weapon Sword of Affliction>?]

Yea. Please.

[ANSWER: As you wish. Summoning <uncommon weapon Sword of Affliction>...]

-I mean this. There’s no other way than to use this sword of affliction or something.

And soon enough, black clouds formed around me and gathered just in front of my body. From within them appeared a hilt, a hilt that of a sword, and I grabbed it. With a fwoosh, the clouds disappeared revealing the stunning dark blade. 

This was the Sword of Affliction, the sword great sage mentioned that delivered five times the pain inflicted on slashing. And apparently, this value changes with the amount of mana power used on it. Or something like that.

I could see, that all of his men shivered as this elegant blade showered in their eyes, as if all the confidence they had in the beginning withered away.

I held the ornate grip firmly and stood in a fighting stance, continuing-

“Then I’ll have to use force.”

“I see…”

Said Avalanche, though with not a hint of unease. And with another snap, the magic circle along with the black smoke from Venvo disappeared, and he slumped onto the ground. But thankfully he seemed to have regained consciousness without delay, trying to get up. Averting his gaze upon me-

“Y-you...? Wh-why are you hel-”

But before he could finish, one of Avalanche’s guys then kicked Venvo hard, and he zoomed and crashed against many other students, winching and coughing with pain. This really made my head fume. Is he truly trying to provoke me, or is this his nature? Whatever it may be, he’s done for nonetheless. Since he crossed the limit by daring to do such an infuriating thing, I will not let him off easy. 

For Venvo, though, the students immediately went for his aid. Thankfully. 

“They finally gave this sword to their students, so the promised one, after all, has arrived I see. So then, please spare me a moment.”

I refrain from commenting on his statement…But whatever. Now Avalanche raised one of his arms, his palm having some black sparks emanating which gradually propagated.

“Iglura!”

He shouted and slammed his hand on the ground, resulting in the formation of a big, magenta magic circle. Black sparks flew everywhere and from the ground within the circle appeared a sword, a similar black blade relatively longer than mine. He clasped the hilt, causing the circle and the sparks to vanish into thin air.

“Appreciate your patience.”

3