[Vol. 1] Chapter-3: Magic Academy (4)
91 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

However, the teacher was someone we knew. The same female person with a voluptuous figure, the one who almost always stayed with Julian. Yes. It was Valentina ma'am!

A beaming smile appeared on our faces, and the same for Valentina. 

So she’ll be our teacher, huh. It would be pretty interesting, considering how strong she is (gave a pretty BOOM-BAAM show last time). We’d get to learn from such a strong…sorcerer or something, I can’t help feeling excited.

“Kids, I would like to announce two new students joining us.”

She spoke as we came and stood beside her.

“She is Aya, and he is Hisashi. Please be nice to them.”

I bowed my head down-

“Nice to meet you.”

“Let’s...get along well!” 

-and following me was Aya, bowing down in front of the whole class.

Many new faces in red coats could be seen, shooting blank stares at us. Thankfully! Because in Kaisei High, as you know, there were many gleaming stares from the girls (ignoring the bloodlusts from the boys) and what followed after, was a catastrophe. At least here there weren’t any. Perhaps things would be pretty normal in this world, it seems. 

Just a few seconds of silence followed after our introduction before they again became busy talking among each other. No idea whether it’s good or bad. Not only that, but there was even a typical thing common in most schoolsaround the back near the empty seats sat a few manner-less students, their legs on top of the tables and what not. They even had a student under their vicinity, bullying him. Yea. bullying. Pulling his hair, collar mercilessly and what not.

So there are bullies here too...

I would want to save the student from those bunch of bullies, but I can’t at the moment. C’mon, Aya and I just transferred here, we can’t possibly be doing heroic stuff on our first day, right? It should be a matter handled by the teachers.

But Valentina ma’am didn't seem to mind it though, and it made me rethink my impression of them. Probably they are just friends and it’s something they do everyday, you know, friends stuff. Well, I know nothing about these “friends stuff” since I didn’t have any.

“So, both of you can sit there at the back. Sit on the seats of your choice.”

“Okay ma'am.”

We shuffled through the benches and tables, the students not heeding us. Those bunch of bullies had sinister smiles on their faces. Staring at the boy with extremely cold eyes, the eyes of pure hatred, and the sight of unsympathetic and unfriendly temperament was embedded deep inside them. And as you can see, it again made me rethink my impression. Damn it, I’m just overthinking.

Aya followed behind me, grabbing my arm. She was probably scared at the monstrous look on their faces, and I can understand. Because she was also a victim of these kinds of things. 

“So, let us start our class.”

Proclaimed Valentina ma’am as we sat on our benches, and she began her class.


*       *       * (Shifting of POV) 


(In the meantime at Kralus’ office)

At Kralus' office sat Kralus himself along with me, the great teacher Julian~ on the sofa. We were discussing the newly transferred students, about the girl Aya and that Kurogane boy, Hisashi. Though the discussion was critical. Kralus said something unexpected, something really bizarre.

“Are you being serious?!” 

I could say nothing but ask for confirmation.

“Look, you know me Julian, you know I love to joke around. But right now I'm dead serious. That boy...his power was something that I never sensed before. Possessing strength enough to wipe out the strongest of kingdoms... Even Aigborg and Pradia kingdoms allied together are no match for someone like him.”

Gosh…I’m astounded. Kralus’ face depicted that he indeed was speaking the truth. What he mentioned also sent chills down my spine. Pradia and Aigborg kingdoms, the strongest of all who could defeat all other kingdoms if they joined forces, ranking 1st and 2nd respectively.
Come to think of it, he learnt to fly pretty quickly right? Flight skill is pretty hard to master. Yet he was able to control himself steadily only in his second try. It requires weeks and weeks of constant hard work to somehow be able to stand straight still shaking. Let’s forget the part about him crashing against the wall.

“Not only that, there is something that has astonished and worried me. Are you sure they aren't spies or anything?”

Why would they be? Or how can they be? Spies can’t be powerless. Because if they got caught somehow, they need to possess the power and magical strength to escape from the scene.
At the time we found them, they didn’t have any sort of magic in them, nor did I sense any mana with my “Aura manipulation” unique skill. Yup. Because of my unique skill I was able to know that those kids actually got dragged in between the training battle of Valentina and me. They weren’t tailing us. But before concluding anything on my own, let’s see what my dude Kralus has to say.

“Uh-uh, no. Why do you ask?”

“That boy, it feels like...he was already augmented...”

Dude, what? What do you mean ‘already augmented’?

Expression of astonishment was portrayed over my face. Though I may be appalled after hearing this disquieting thing, I was also curious at the same time. So I let him continue without another word-

“I suspect that there was the use of some sort of high level ability suppressors...Or perhaps similar to mine, the effect of ‘Augmentation’…”

“You mean someone with the ‘Augmentation’ skill has suppressed or hidden his superhuman abilities?”

“Hmhm exactly. I also suspect the usage of ability suppressors. Though it may be rare, it’s still a possibility.”

My face stiffened.

By the name, Ability Suppressors are serums invented to suppress one’s magic powers and mana altogether. Their use was to temporarily make a person powerless. Because of making a person inept to magic momentarily, it was later decided by the International Sorcery Council to halt the production of these serums, along with destruction of the remaining ones. Losing one’s magic power is like losing one’s life. Magic becomes a part of us, and if that very magic has been suppressed down to an unusable state, it is no different than losing our life.

“But weren't their production stopped decades ago?”

“I know right...Some managed to slip out of hands I believe…”

We both had a fleeting moment of silence, Kralus sitting with both of his hands on his jaw.

“What about that girl?”

Kralus’ shocked and gloomy expression turned into kind of an astonished amazement one. I wonder what it was about that girl that has made him this excited.

“Hm about that…! Yo, looks like the promised one has finally arrived!!”

I chuckled with amazement-

“DUDE, REALLY?! You mean she is the one who’ll bring down that stinky demon Dor’goreth? She is the one who has been prophesied to master every elemental magic?!”

“Exactly! Though I believe the boy will become stronger than the promised one…You’ve found some rare talents my dude.”

Hehehe. Honestly though, we really are lucky to find such brilliant students. Having heard Kralus, I spoke with confidence-

“Cases of demon attacks by their generals were also rising. Now we’ll be able to fend them off! It’s about time for some revenge boy!”

“Hm of course!!”

“Let's discuss this matter with madam principal.”

“Yep!”

*        *        * (Shifting of POV)

“...These are the fundamentals of Fire based magic. Next class, that is tomorrow, we'll be learning about the spells based on this type of magic. You all can head home now. And hostellers, please report to the hostel directly.”

“Yes ma'am!”

“Aye aye. Ma’am!” 

“Affirmative ma’am!” 

Fumu. Quite an amusing bunch of students. As Valentina made her exit, the students also began heading out while many still remained, chit-chatting among themselves.

Today was...fun. Yea. Learning about magic for the first time ever in our life. These were probably the basics of the basics, about the fundamentals of magic power…stuff.

Anyways, since there aren’t any more classes, we’d be calling it a day. I might later explore the campus with Aya. After lunch, that is.
We who just got up to head to the hostel, were suddenly interrupted by a tall and muscular boy, seemingly taller than me. He looked like a delinquent though, not gonna lie. But had a good enough smile on his face. After scanning properly, I got to know that he was one of those bullies. 

Aya was kind of spooked as she began shaking, grabbing my shirt and partly hiding behind me. Because of his thick lips and fiery eyes, he kind of looked as if he was an antagonist from a fantasy novel series, baldly with a rough face. He stately stepped towards us and spoke-

“Hey yo freshmans! I’m Venvo. Venvo Brord. Welcome to Fedmorth!”

Hearing him surprised me greatly, but I was also relieved.  I replied back-

“Aah, thank you! I am Hisashi Kurogane. Nice to meet you.”

Perhaps, they weren’t actually bullying that student and might’ve been good friends. I thought he was just coming like those Akio and Daichi jerks, fighting me to show off his strength, but no. I am getting the feeling that this academy is normal, and that’s good to know.
Aya also loosened her grip on my shirt, slowly calming down from the fright that she felt a moment ago, greeting-

“I’m Aya...Tsukuyomi. L-let’s...get along well..!”

“Hahaha. It’s great connecting with you two. How was your first day in this academy?” 

“It was good…! And sorry, but Aya is always very shy in front of other people...”

“Haha no problem there mate! And great to hear you enjoyed your first day. Your name doesn’t sound like you’re from this kingdom. Where are you two from?”

“Yea. Actually we two are not from this world. We are other worlders-”

Suddenly a fist came roaring at me, hitting right on my cheeks and I fell on the ground. I had been caught off guard, and this was the second or the third time so. I can’t really call this being caught off guard because I wasn’t expecting this to happen at all.

“Hisashi!”

Yelled Aya as she approached me in a swift.

“You measly other worlders dare to f**king talk to me with your sh**ty mouths?!”

4