Happy Outcome
37 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Foot steps ring around me, back and forth, the door closes and a metallic rattle resonates from my front.

Tap…. Tap Tap…

 

Must be the young Lady, what joy!

 

Gazing open my eyes, Miyu has brought me food.
Miyu - Morning, sleepy head! | Miyu pats my had caringly.
- Good morning, Miyu. Thanks for the food.
Miyu - Mama made it. There’s Yogurt… Berries and all sorts of… stuff you find in the wild.
- Amazing! | I immediately start eating without holding back.

 

From the corner of my eye, I see Miyu observe my seemingly endless appetite.
Miyu - Drago, I don’t want to be impatient but… When can we make the paste? | I stop eating, lick my teeth and look at her.

 

- I fully understand your eagerness to see the results, nothing wrong with that. This evening we’ll make it.
Miyu - Yay! We don’t need anything else, right?

- One more item, that we can acquire any time. 

Following me finishing my meal, the young Lady vanishes to the kitchen with my bowl.

 

Looking outside, the temperature is once again boiling. 

 

Miyu - Drago, Mama said we should go to the store. 

- In this heat?
Miyu - It’s the shop on the opposite side of the Street. 

- Oh, I see now. I’ll follow you. 

 

MIyu - Could you also wait outside a bit?
- I’ll wait at the entrance.

Miyu - Here I am!

- Splendid clothing, Miyu.
Miyu - Thanks, Drago! | Summer Skirt and a loose T-shirt. Simple, yet charming. 

 

The young Lady checks her purse and opens the door promptly. 

 

On the Street, it seems as if the other Humans are… ignoring the threat this weather poses, attending to most of their activities now.  At least Miyu and her Family are well aware.

- Is that it?
Miyu ~ Yup, I’ll also buy other things.

 

Upon crossing the street, Miyu walks determined into the Store.

 

My Nose immediately picks up the scent of something sinister, rotten and deformed.
- Miyu, they’re here.
Miyu ~ There is no shade here… Let’s keep going, so we don’t look suspicious.

 

Letting her focus on the shopping, I tend to our safety. Hovering over People’s heads is fun, especially when they can’t see you. 

 

Miyu ~ Drago, the staff room. | I look over, dark matter grips around the wide open doorframe, expanding onto the walls as the Sun moves slowly.

- We have to hurry, Miyu.
Miyu ~ I’m on it, Drago!

 

I don’t want to fight in here, especially with all the people around us.


Miyu ~ Drago… I need butter…
- Where is it? | Miyu stares at the shade closing onto the needed item. 

- Stay here. | I haste for it, grabbing it with my teeth and gently setting it down on Miyu’s hand.

 

Miyu ~ You didn’t damage it, neither did you cover it with your saliva. Good job, Drago.
- Thank you kindly. Let’s cash out. 

The young Lady takes charge at a weird looking machine.

 

- What’s this?
Miyu ~ Self-pay machine. You scan your own items here and pay with your own cash or card.
- Clever invention… especially handy now. 

Miyu feeds the machine with her money, yanks the receipt and rushes outside.

 

Miyu ~ Drago… That was…
- Scary indeed. But, where not out of danger yet…
Miyu ~ Why?
- There’s more. The whole store is infested with it. | I point at the Apparitions crawling out of the shade, closing in on us.

 

Each second that passes feels as if the Apparitions get closer.
- Why is the sun setting this early?
Miyu ~ Drago, you woke up late. It’s one in the afternoon.

- I see… In that case, let’s run for home!

 

Miyu runs for the crosswalk, the lights are turned red for us, the shade closes in.
- You go, I’ll hold them off.
Miyu ~ No! We’ll run for it now!

- The Cars are still speeding, Miyu!
Miyu ~ I don’t care, Drago! I want us to be together! | Heartwarming words, in a utterly desperate situation.

 

- Alright, run! | I chase after her, the Cars abruptly stop, honking at Miyu. 

We reach the other side, the sun is blasting full force here. Where we came from… absolute darkness, eager to catch us.

Miyu ~ Drago, let’s go home. I’m…
- I know, Miyu. It’s time to rest. | Gently starting to walk ahead, I cautiously watch over her every step.

 

Poor Miyu, she hasn’t been bothered by this stress before. Her Parents are mighty in keeping her safe, but one day… she’ll have to take her own path… Leaving...them… and… me…

 

Miyu ~ Drago, are you okay~?
- Pardon, I just spaced out…
Miyu ~ I forgot to ask… did you want anything from the shop?

- Thank you for worrying, but… I didn’t, no. 

 

Miyu ~ You know you can ask, right~? | I feel her pouting, slightly…
- I know, yet… my interest hasn’t been piqued yet. I’ll let you know, Miyu.
Miyu ~ Alright. 

 

To me, it’s worrisome how fast the shades set around here. Thankfully, if we need something, Miyu and I can fly out to get it.

 

Swiftly, we’ve returned to the apartment.
Outside, the blazing sun, the angle at which it shines down, makes it feel like sunset.

 

Akano - Miyu! Drago! Come here, please! | Miyu closes the door, but forgets to lock it. Silly Girl… I’ll do it then.

Joining the Misses, I sit at the Balcony door and wait.

 

Akano - Miyu, pour this into his bowl.
Miyu - Okay. Here is all we got.
Akano - You two are amazing! You even found the right butter!

Miyu forms a smile as she approaches my bowl. In her hand, a can of… pineapples?!

 

Miyu - Drago~! Help me out here. | Carefully, with the tip of my nail, I make a small cut around the lid. Making it easier for her to open it.

Miyu - Thanks! | Carefully, she pours it into my bowl. The fresh smell of the pineapple burst into my nose. 

 

Miyu sits down at the table, typing on her device. 

I devour the juicy fruit in an instance. Ripe, its flesh is tough but not dry. 

 

After the fruits disappeared into my stomach, Akano rests down.

Akano - Drago, can we prepare the paste? | Miyu sparks up, blazing with joy.
- Of course. But, we need one more element.

 

Akano’s reminded by my words, the paste requires a small sacrifice of the Spirit.

 

Akano - Okay. Miyu, can you go turn the grass and flowers into very fine pieces. Come back with this bowl.
Miyu - On the way! | Miyu happily sprints off to her room.

 

The Mother stands up, I ready myself for the final phase.
Akano - Drago, I hate doing this. Isn’t there another way?
- Sadly not, Akano. This paste requires a small sacrifices from the Spirit.
Akano - Why does it have to be blood?
- It’s the most efficient. If we don’t hurry, Miyu will be back and she’ll have to see this.

Akano - Fine… This better work, Drago.
- Surely. 


Anxiously, she grabs a knife and a small plastic cup, kneeling beside me.
- Right here…
Akano - I hate doing this to you… But… I know you don’t mind, since it’s for Miyu’s happiness.
- I understand your feelings, but please proceed. 

 

A gentle poke pierces the skin under my scales, blood slowly drips into the cup.
Akano - Is this enough?
- A little more, we need to be sure it works.
Akano - Drago~... Goodness…
- Please hold it together, Miss. We’ll be done. 

 

A third of the cup is filled, plenty for the paste. I nod at Akano. 

 

She quickly heads over to the Counter, hides the cup and washes the knife. Perfectly timed as Miyu returns with the bowl. Presenting it to her Mother.
Akano - Good job, Miyu. Now, let me mix everything together.

 

My skin quickly heals, the blood already stopped dripping.

 

The front door opens, Miyu races to it. Welcoming her Father. Akano quickly pours the blood into the bowl, mixing quickly. The cup, she throws away.

Haru - I’m home, Love!

Akano - Welcome back. Sit down, we all have a surprise for you.
Miyu - Yeah! It’s very special! | Happy little Miyu.

 

Haru sits down, patiently waiting for the said surprise.

 

Akano finished, she takes the paste and walks over to him.
Akano - Close your eyes and don’t open them unless, I tell you too.
Haru - Understood. 

The Wife smears the paste carefully over his eyelids. Not a lot is needed but in his case… it’s uncertain how much is truly needed.

 

The paste quickly dries, sinking into his skin, ultimately aiming for the eyes.

Akano - Okay… You can open them now.

 

Haru slowly opens them, unsure what to expect… His eyes look on the Japanese Dragon sitting beside his family.
Haru - D-Dr...Drago?!

- Greetings, Haru.
Miyu - Can you really see him?!

Haru - I can! Not even kidding! He’s right here! 

 

Miyu jumps onto him, hugging Haru affectionately.
Haru - I’m happy too. I can’t say thank you enough… to compensate for this. But… Thank you very much.
Akano - Your Daughter helped too.
Haru - I meant to thank both of them.
- Your Wife helped too.
Akano - See?

Haru - I thank all you three of you kindly.

 

- Haru, I hope you know what this means from now on.
Haru - No…?

- You’ll see Apparitions as well. Perhaps not lethal to you, your Daughter and Wife are.
I see his throat struggle to swallow.

Haru - I-I understand. I’ll be very careful.

- Glad to hear it.

 

Akano - Now that this is done. Can we eat? It’s getting cold.
Haru - Bring it!

Miyu - Yay! Mama’s Cooking! | I see her inner Child is still present, wonderful.

 

I resume my position, waiting for my portion.
Akano - Mind you! This is only lunch, keep place for dinner!

Haru - Okay!
Miyu - I will!

Akano - Haru! I’m not kidding!

Haru - I know, I know. Please don’t be strict with me…
Akano - Don’t let it go cold. | The Family immediately starts eating the lovingly-made food.

 

The Mother takes my bowl and fills it up.
Akano - It’s good to have you back, Drago. | She grabs my head and presses hers against it.
- I’m happy to be back, Akano. Please take care of me.
Akano - In that case… Eat up, before it gets cold!

- Y-Yes! | She’s strict indeed! Especially when I know she’s my Human, it’s increasingly stricter.

 

The Family members have a laugh as I witness Akano’s authority in the Home. 

 

The Parents of the Family head for their Room, the TV playing a Movie. Miyu, is left with collecting the dishes.
Miyu - Drago, can you please sleep in my bed?
- I would… but I’m not washed, I would just dirty your sheets.

 

Miyu - In that case. Let’s go take a bath! | My tail is overjoyed, my ears happily flapping.

 

As the young Lady finishes her duties, I follow her into the bathroom. Spacious and soothing to be in, especially since its theirs.

 

Miyu starts throwing her clothes onto the ground. Happily she jumps in and lets the Water run.
Miyu - Drago, slide in. | The Tub looks big enough to fit my length. Yet I must be careful.

 

Just the little amount of Water is enough to make it feel heavenly.
Miyu - Let’s enjoy~! | She relaxes, but retains her cautiousness. 

The Water soon will fill the Tub, I wonder what it’ll feel like afterwards.

 

My sleepy body drags itself into Miyu’s Room. She took the lead and prepared another pillow for me.
I sneak up from the bottom of the sheets, Miyu rests on my right side. The edge of the bed lies behind me. 

 

Miyu - This is super nice! Now I can cuddle you! | Her cuddle attack puts my sleepy body into a motionless state.

- Thank you for having me here, Miyu.
Miyu - Mhmm, let’s sleep well then.
- Sweet dreams, Miyu.
- Good night, Drago. | My tails sets a barrier at the edges of the bed. Miyu soundly finds a comfy position and falls asleep, slowly. I hope to join her Dreamworld soon.

0