Shopping Visitors
15 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Gracing me and the Floor around me. The Sunrays light up the Room. With… No one else… but me…

 

Without stretching, I run downstairs and look around. The Parents are in the Kitchen and the Ladies are jumping around outside.

I let out a large sigh of relief… 

 

Akano - Morning, Drago.
- Good Morning, Akano.
Haru - The Girls are outside, Drago. Did something happen?

 

- I… woke up and didn’t see them anywhere…

Akano - Oh~... Poor thing, you~... | Akano kneels before me, softly patting my Head.

 

Haru - They mentioned something about… a Trip? | Must be our small Journey to the Spirit World.
Akano - They did~... Drago, go join them. I’ll pack you three some Lunch. Don’t be late, okay?

- We won’t. Promised.

 

Outside, I see Asuka chasing Miyu around the Yard. 


Miyu - There! Drago! | As Miyu points, Asuka’s Head locks onto me.
Asuka - Onii-sama?! Onii-sama~...! | What a cute Dragon she is. 

 

Miyu - Are we ready to go?
- After your Mother prepared our Lunch.
Asuka - Are we going to the Spirit World?
- We are, Sister. Miyu do you know what you want?

Miyu - I do. How do I pay...speaking of..?

- Because your Human, prices shouldn’t be a problem for you.
Miyu - Eh…? Do I get stuff on a Discount?
- For free. Miyu. That’s what I meant.

Asuka - That’s only in our Town. The Ravens, Crows and Serpents might not do the same.

 

Focusing my Mind, I summon a small Portal to my Personel Storage. A simple Magic, yet very delicate and powerful.

 

- Here, Asuka. This is yours. | I hand her a Bag of Scales.
Asuka - What’s in it…?
- Scales… my own ones. From… earlier Years…
Asuka - Wah~! Onii-sama’s Scales~! Do I really have to exchange them for Supplies?
- No. You can keep it stashed away if you want to. It’s yours after all.

Asuka - Thank you so much! I will treasure this dearly, Onii-sama~!

 

The Mother gently steps towards us.
Miyu - Mama, how much did you pack?
Akano - Not much… Just enough to get you through your Work and back Home.
- Thank you, Akano.
Asuka - Yeah~! Thank you very much~!

Akano - Don’t worry about it. Have a safe trip, come back with a smile.
- We will.
I exchange a nod with her, before watching her return to the Home.

 

Now…
- Shall we go?

Miyu - Yeah!
Asuka - Jump on, Miyu! | Miyu doesn’t hesitate, leaping onto Asuka’s Back.

 

The Mountain to our Front now, should be sufficient for a Portal Summon.
- Let’s go up here. It should be fine.

Asuka & Miyu - ‘Kay!

 

On a small ridge, far from Human sight. I throw a few Scales. 

As the Portal opens, the Ladies jump through it without Hesitation. Swiftly I follow them.

 

Sunset. Merchants should be more flexible with Prices.

 

Miyu - It’s like… A Magical Market!

- Indeed. Now, shall we go look around?

Stepping into Town, each Merchant yells their Shop’s Wares out. Hoping to reach a Customer and bring them in.

 

Asuka - Miyu, look. Flowers!
Miyu - Most of them… look normal…
- I wouldn’t say that, Miyu. Let’s go take a look.

 

Approaching the Shop, an old Female Dragon slowly lifts her Head.

- Ma’am are you okay?

Old Female Dragon - Of course, young One. Just… a bit tired… The heat was lethal today… as Time goes.

 

Miyu - Ma’am, can you tell me about these Flowers, please?
Old Female Dragon - Of course, Miss. Your special… So I will be detailed in my tellings…

 

Her Tail points at different Flowers, before speaking of their Kind. Before moving to the next Kind.

Asuka - Ma’am, what about Flowers that are good for non-Gifter Humans?

Old Female Dragon - In that case… These ones up here. Don’t need special care… just a word each day keeps them happy and lets them grow further.

 

Interesting… They look identical to the Blue ones we have…

 

- Pardon me, Ma’am. Do these Flowers have any kind of… Special Abilities?

Old Female Dragon - Oh yes. They do. They heal the Soul of those who keep them healthy.

Asuka - These look Identical to the ones we have. Beside our Pond.
Miyu - Now that you say it… Could we get a few of them, Ma’am?
Old Female Dragon - Of course. Do you three own a Business?

 

Miyu - In my World. But it’s just starting out…
Old Female Dragon - Don’t be discouraged. It take a lot to know these Flowers, but it takes even greater powers to have them grow.

 

So they need special Conditions… Wonder if ours back at the Shop are still doing fine…

 

Miyu starts asking for a bundle of Flowers, all of different Kinds, colours and sizes. She seems to have made up her Mind, without Asuka’s help. 

 

Asuka eyes each Flowers Type carefully, but doesn’t say anything. I’ll assume she overwatches Miyu’s Choices. Very good Girl, Asuka.

 

Old Female Dragon - My~... My~... You almost took all the Flowers from my Shop…
Miyu - Hehehe… It sure seems like it. How much is all this?
Old Female Dragon - Fret not about Price, Miss. I see your pure Heart… joy and… happiness irradiate from it. 

Miyu - My Heart…

So the Old Dragon here… She’s one of the Mountain Dragons. They specialize in healing and seeing into one’s Heart and so on…. 

 

Asuka turns to me while Miyu speaks with the Old Dragon.
- What’s wrong?

Asuka - She’s a Mountain Dragon.
- I realized it as well, just now.
Asuka - Don’t you know what that means?

- Eh… We can ask her questions…?

 

Asuka - I heard some really precious Flowers gro--Help! Somebody help! Quick! 

 

The three of us look in the direction of the Screaming.
Young Female Dragon - Somebody please help her! Please! | I rush to the scene. To my Horror it is a Dragon Child lying on the Floor.

 

- What happened?

Young Female Dragon - I just turned away from her and she fell over… Please! You have to do something! I beg you! | Very well…

 

- Asuka!
Asuka - Yes. I understand, Nii-sama. Please move out the Way.

Before my Eyes, a green light engulfs the Dragon Child. Asuka’s Face forms a painful twitch. 

 

My Breath is cut short… Why… are… you… here?!

 

- Miyu! Stay here with the Mother and Child. Nobody move out of Town!

No wonder the Child collapsed. The Mother looked away, the Apparition took action. Damn coward!

Chasing behind the invisible Enemy, I can feel that my Breath is cut shorter as I get closer to it.

 

Past all the other Dragons, Merchant, Children, Adults and Elderly. None can see what I see. A curse… that I have… for… Oh no… 

Too close… I can’t…. Feel my lungs…. 

 

In order to make the same happen to me, the Appartitions has to show itself. Right in front of my eyes.
- You… are… dead…!
I dash at it with Teeth and Claws. Tearing it apart, each scream echoes far. Each piece torn, more pain and suffering go to it.

 

- Give the Child back what you took from it!

Lifting my Claws, I slowly drag them towards me as the Apparitions screams in pain. Torturing it is the only way to get back what belongs to the Child.

 

I don’t care how it got into Town, which would be impossible with all the Magic around it. But one thing I know… Skaly needs to know about this. 

 

Onii-sama~! Where are you?!

 

As I look behind me the Apparition tries to slither away. My Claws sink into its Back and slowly tear open its insides. Nothing but darkness.

 

Miyu - Here! Asuka! Found him!

Asuka - Nii-sama! What are you…
- Stay there! Don’t get closer!

 

Don’t run you little piece of Garbage… Steal from Children?! Not only do you get the even worse anxiety than the Mother… You get the most painful death out of all the ones I killed before you. 

 

- Let your Comrades know… Steal from a Child… The slowest of deaths awaits all of you...

It screams, the intensity increased ten times. Echoes reach far. Perhaps even directly to Skaly…?

 

- Die, you Mistake! | A final scream comes from it, as it’s physical appearance vanishes.
It robbed the Child’s… Heart?!

 

- Asuka!
Asuka - Oh no… No… Please no…
- Run to the Mother. Miyu, with her. Calm the Mother down.

 

They both run for it. I hear them stomp together, as if an Army was going into Battle.

 

The Child… is not in danger of death. As its Heart is still beating. It’s afraid… not about itself… but its Mother. It’ll be a good Child, very caring at that. 

 

Returning to the trembling Mother. I turn to the Child over and stare at the Mother.
- Asuka, cover her eyes.
Dragon Mother - No-No! Please I want to see my Child!
Asuka - Calm down~... My Onii-sama saved it. 

 

Child… your Hearts strong. Powerful, but your limited by your Age. Care for your Mother, then for yourself. That’s not my Wish… but yours.

 

Gently I place its Heart on left side of the Child’s Chest. 

 

Child - Gasp! Mommy! Mommy!

Dragon Mother - You… Aww~! Ahahahaha…. Ahahaha~! | Joy springs from them as the Sky cleans of Clouds completely and the Sun shines onto this Town.

 

Stomping approaches. You’re late…

 

Dragon Guard - We heard screaming. What happened?

- Are you blind…?
Dragon Guard - Sir…?
- Are you blind, you worthless lump of Meat… A Apparition snuck into Town, stole this Childs Belongings… and you arrive… now?!

 

Miyu - Drago… calm do--Miyu, leave him. My Onii-sama doesn’t allow these sorts of Things. 

 

Slowly I step towards him. My Face on the edge of blasting with Rage.

Dragon Guard - Sir, I was far away from here… Please… calm down.
- Can’t you fly… you Maggot?!

With Tail whip, I knock the Guard onto the Ground.

 

- Don’t you know what it means to be a Guard… What if Skaly heard of this…?

Dragon Guard - No…! She can’t! She’ll throw me out! I have a family to fee- Shut it! Nobody asked why you do this… Only why you’re late!

 

Child - Mommy, why is that Dragon angry?
Dragon Mother - Oho… He’s protecting us.
Child - But… aren’t Guards meant for that…?
Dragon Mother - They are… but… Most of them seem useless.

- Run back home and tell your Family this… You failed!

Dragon Guard - No! I haven’t!
My Tail grabs his Neck, squeezing tighter until his Eyes open wide.

- Listen closely… Maggot… Before I snap your Neck. Run. | He starts nodding desperately.

 

Letting go of his Neck, he turns and dashes off. I spin to Face the entire Town staring at me.

The Mother, who’s Child I saved, comes to me.
Dragon Mother - Thank you… so very much for your Help.
Child - Thank you, Mister~! | Ahaha…!
- My pleasure. Where is your Husband, if I may ask?

 

Dragon Mother - He’s in the Military. | Oh?
- What Rank?
Dragon Mother - Fighter… but… we barely see him. Or hear from him. | I see.

- You there! Come here! | I yell at Dragon with a Symbol on his Limbs. 

 

Dragon Soldier - Yes?
- What are you in the Military?
Dragon Soldier - A Messenger. And you, Sir?
- Strategist. | The Soldier straightens and stands frozen in place.

 

- Go find her Husband. Tell him hes relieved of Duty until his Family deems it needed for him to return.

Dragon Messenger - Sir! Yes! Sir!

- Off ya go now.

 

The Mother stares at me, shocked and with wide Eyes. Her Child carefully sleeps on her Back. How adorable…
- Miss?
Dragon Mother - I… can’t… I… don’t have…
- Do you work, Miss?
Dragon Mother - No… B-But I can pay with other Items!

- Ahahaha… Hah…. Pay for what? My duty? No need. I see your Child is happy to be on your Back. | Her Head turns to it.

 

Dragon Mother - Indeed… I’ll get going Home then. 

- Did you get everything you need?
Dragon Mother - For a while, yes. | A while?
- Do you… live in the Mountains?
Dragon Mother - Yes. Our Town has a small group of Men guarding it. But… Some Nights, we get attacked and… 

 

- The whole Town stays up, right?
Dragon Mother  - Correct. I will return Home, now. Thank you very much again. Take care.

 

As the Mother flies off carefully with her Child sleeping on her Back. The Town applauds me, Asuka and Miyu dash for a hug.
Miyu - Well done, Drago! You’re really the best!

Asuka - He always was! | My dear Sister… 

 

Waving at the applauding Crowd, we return to the Flower Shop. Where the Old Lady is still waiting for our final decision. Do we get more Flowers or not?

Miyu - That’s enough, Ma’am. Thank you very much.

 

Old Female Dragon - Very well. That’s free.
- Are you sure, Ma’am?
Miyu - We almost bought your entire Stock.
Asuka - Onii-sama… Miyu… That’s because she wants us to have them. Not because of your recent, splendid, Deed. But because we have pure intentions with them.

 

I see now…

 

- Speaking of intentions. Is there a way up the Mountain?

Old Female Dragon - You can fly up there. But be warned… The Winds pick up at Dusk.
- I see. Thank you for everything.

Old Female Dragon - You did and will do this Town a great Job, young One. Both you, your Sister and your Human. All of you will bring this lonely Town a great Future.
Asuka - Thank you very much. Please take care.
- Indeed, take care.
Miyu - Thank you! Stay safe!

 

Back at the Portal, I plan a route up to the Mountain. Our Forces are not present up there, anymore… Something must’ve happened. 

Miyu - How did that… Apparition steal the Child’s… Heart…?

- Asuka, please explain it.

 

Asuka - Understood, Onii-sama. As a Dragon grows, so does it’s Body. It Fortifies itself against the Elements and common Sickness, like the Cold and so on. This Child had the horrible experience of a Apparition snatching its unprotected Heart just as its Mother looked away.

 

- Does that mean… the Mother has a protective Gaze?

Asuka - Correct. Only until the Child has reached a certain age, which varies from each of us. One Day that Child has the ability to protect his Mother.
- It does. Its Heart was very strong, it had the determination to go on. Even when in horrible situations. 

 

Miyu - I see. Thanks for the explanation. Want to go Home?
Asuka - Yep~!
- Would it be possible for your Mother to make more of that flat sweet Dough?
Asuka - Ahaha… Those are Pancakes, Onii-sama.
- Oh… | The Ladies laugh as they secure the Flowers in small bags. Placing them into Asuka’s Storage Magic.

 

Hopping through the Portal, we immediately redirect Home. I can already smell something sweet! Pancakes, I really hope. Please Akano, grace me with your Cooking~...!

0