Solving Trouble
20 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I hear Birds chirping outside, the Sun’s Rays barely touching my Scales. A great start to a new Week. 

 

Flop

 

A soft cloth falls onto my Head, pulling it away I see Miyu rubbing her Eyes open. Asuka is still tightly in the Dream World.

 

Miyu - Drago…?

- Yes, Miyu?
Miyu - Let me… take my Blanket off of you. | She yanks it and rolls it into a ball before throwing it on her Bed.

 

My Sister’s Tail stretches, almost reaching the opposite wall from Miyu’s Bed.
Asuka - Onii-sama~... Give me… More… Shnacks~...! | Cute little Dragon, dreaming of Snacks as well. Makes her even cuter.

 

Miyu - Drago, can you take us to the Spirit World today?
- Sure… But…
Miyu - Your Scales?
- That too… but I got business of my own to do their anyway. What do you need from there?

 

Miyu - Nothing really. I just want you to resolve the Problems there.
- Oh, Miyu… There’s so many Problems there. Atleast one of them isn’t Food Shortages…

Miyu - I meant for you to secure that Mountain you asked the old Lady about.

- That… Thankfully, it won’t take long. We’d best go to Skaly first.
Miyu - I’ll pack some Breakfast for us. 

 

Eh… Aren’t we forgetting something really important…?

 

The Shop!

- Miyu, what about the Shop?

Miyu - It’s way to early to open it. We’d just be sitting around with no one coming in. You know?
- I see… Let’s make a little haste then.

Miyu - ‘Kay. Please tell Asuka to bring me a Skirt and Dress, please.
- Will do.

 

Skirt and Dress… Fancy.

 

I rest beside Asuka, slowly I pat her with my Tail.
- Asuka. Time to wake up.
No response… Let me try…

 

- There will be Food.
From her Sleep, she immediately burst onto her legs and stares at me curiously.
Asuka - Food?! Where is it?! Where?!
- There will be some later. We’re going into our World, Miyu wants me to resolve some of the Problems there.
Asuka - What about our Shop?
- She said it’s to early to open yet. We’d just be sitting around there, no Customers would appear.

 

Asuka - I see…. Let’s go meet her then.

Following Asuka down the Stairs, I spot a Note hanging from the Panrents’ Door. I’ll assume that’s from Miyu.

 

In the Kitchen, Miyu is hard at work preparing Food for the Trip.
- Miyu, did you leave a Note on your Parent’s Door?
Miyu - I did. I won’t wake them for this little. Plus, even if I didn’t say anything. They’d know I’m with you two. Nothing can happen to me.

 

Miyu is right. Even if it came that far. 

 

Asuka is magically attracted to the Food. Slowly she steps towards the Counter. Before her Teeth could sink into the Meat Slices, Miyu stops her.
Miyu - Asuka, it’s not cooked yet.
Asuka - Us Dragons can eat raw Meat. You know? | Miyu and I exchang gazes.

 

The young Lady holds a Meat Slice up so Asuka can grab it with her Teeth. In seconds, the Slice disappears.
Quickly, my Sisters chews it and swallows it.

 

Before long, Miyu sends us outside to finish the Food and pack it up.

Asuka - Onii-sama, should I put some of my Scales down to open the Portal?

- We’ll see. I still have some of my older Scales here.
Asuka - I thought… you gave them all to me?

- I did. These are the ones that fell of recently.
Asuka - I see… Ah! Miyu~! 

 

Miyu - So… Can we resolve the Trouble in… a few hours?

- That’s plenty. First, I’d like to visit Skaly. Tell her about this.

Asuka - Let’s go…~!

- Hop on her, Miyu.

Miyu - Drago…

- What’s with the sad Face, Miyu?
Miyu - I simply… I just…
- It’s okay. You can ride on Asuka. She’s much comfier to ride on anyway.

 

Asuka - Was that a mention of the little Fat I have?! Onii-sama, you’re a meanie!

- Ueh?! Hold on! That wasn’t what I meant!

Asuka - Onii-sama meanie…! | I let me Head hang.

- Asuka you’re not fat… Please listen to me.

 

Asuka - Then what am I?

- You’re my Sister. I meant to point out your young Scales and soft Dragon Fluff.
Asuka - Ahahaha~! I got you scared there, Onii-sama!

- Eh…?

 

Was that… a trick?

 

Asuka - I simply wanted to see if you care.
- As if that would ever change…

Asuka - I know that much. Now, let’s fly. 

 

Up the Mountain, we fly above the Shrine. Not one Soul, including the Guardian, are near it. 

 

Miyu - So… what do you think, Drago? About the People disappearing?
- Heard of it from your Mother?
Miyu - That and the Internet.
- It seems to that the Guardian there only takes People that have intentions of harming the Shrine. Or simply posses Items that can do so. 

 

Miyu - Doesn’t the latter make it impossible to approach?

- Somewhat. I don’t know what the Guardian rules as “Harmful” to the Shrine. It could be anything. Therefore…
Asuka - Onii-sama.

 

- Asuka? | My Sister’s serious Face and her Tone, make it glass clear to me.

 

I’ll have to eliminate the Guardian there. Hopefully bring back the People that went Missing. 

 

Past Human Vision, we open the Portal at the Cost of my Scales. The Ladies jump through with me following swiftly.
Miyu - So…?
- Asuka, stay close to me. We’ll fly up there.

Asuka - Understood, Onii-sama.

 

The Currents and strong Winds around Skaly’s Mountain should be sufficient to get us up there. 

Miyu is tightly hugging Asuka. It must be terrifying for her to experience this. Hold on, Miyu. It won’t take long, promised.

 

The currents catapult us to the Mountain Top. 

 

The Ladies follow me inside, someone’s humming loudly inside the Cave. Skaly?!

 

- Lady Skaly…? | The enormous Dragon Lady spins around to greet us.
Skaly - It’s you three! Fantastic! Welcome~! | She’s in a good Mood, I don’t want to ruin it…

 

Asuka - Hey, Skaly~!
Miyu - Hi~! | The Girls wave at Skaly with bright smiles. Skaly quickly replicates that behaviour.

 

- Lady Skaly, I don’t want to ruin your Mood…
Skaly - Oh! Please. Dragon you don’t have to fret. Also, is this your Sister? She looks super duper cute!

 

- She is, no doubt. Just like our Human. | Even if I don’t look at them, I can feel their embarrassment. 

Skaly - You bring bad News, Dragon. What is it?

 

- I… Skaly…. I don’t want to ruin the Atmosphere.
Skaly - Dragon~... You don’t have to fret. Speak up. As your Mother, I demand to hear your Worries. 

 

- As you wish. The Mountain nearby has no Troops present. | My Head hangs once more.

 

Skaly - That’s it?

- Y...Yes… | Isn’t she mad or worried?
Skaly - Hm… I was worried that nobody is reporting to me from there. But I expected far worse.

 

- It may be as you say.
Skaly - Dragon?
- We… Might have Deserters.
Skaly - Ah~... The Youth in our Kind is getting more rebellious… As expected….

 

Miyu - Skaly-san! Can I help in any Way?

- Miyu?!

Skaly - Calm yourself, Dragon. Your Human has strength far beyond your understanding. | Never thought I’d hear Skaly say that.

 

It was mentioned in some Stories of our Kind, mostly Fairy Tales. That Skaly would complement Humans… And… That those Human would actually have very high Magical Affinity.

 

Skaly - Miyu, it’s not that simple to deal with these Deserters. Your other Dragon, Asuka’s Brother, he is the only Strategist I trust. Fact is… He is the only Dragon Strategist I have.

 

Miyu - Drago! You hear it?!

- I do. | Don’t know if I should be glad or worried…
Asuka - Congratulations, Onii-sama! You’re the best!

 

Skaly - What a sweet Sister you have, Dragon.
- I’m glad I have her. And Miyu. | Truly am.

 

Skaly - Gratitude for what you have is something most, if not all, Dragons lack in these Days.
Miyu - Skaly, could Asuka and I help Drago out?
Skaly - Ah, pardon. I kept calling you Dragon… until now.

- Don’t worry about it. | Skaly nods at me gently. 

 

Skaly - You can indeed. Use the Winds leading to the Mountain, just outside my Home. You don’t have long before Disaster strikes.

- We will. Thank you, Lady Skaly.

Skaly - Go on! Take care of everyone there, please!

 

First time in my entire Life I hear Skaly say, please.

 

Running out her Cave. I feel the Winds hit my Face. She must’ve summoned them.

- Miyu, Asuka this will be a tricky Ride. Hang on tight.
Asuka & Miyu - Okay~!

 

I start hovering with Asuka close on my Tail. We gently approach the Wind…

 

Before we knew it, it had taken us. Pushing us chaotically towards the Mountain. Asuka grabs onto my Tail. It won’t be enough.

- Asuka! Climb onto my Back!

With struggles, my Sisters clamps onto my Back. Now I can take advantage of this Wind.

 

Withing moments, the Wind clears as we arrive in the freezing Mountain Weather.

- Miyu!
Miyu - I’m not cold. Promised.
Asuka - She’s really fine. Look. | I see Miyu step down from Asuka’s Back and step to me.
Miyu - Here, Drago. See?
I feel Miyu’s warmth. It’s so calming.

 

Proceeding to the nearby Structures. Houses made from Brick and Stones… Isolated to protect from the Cold.
- There’s no Soldiers up here. 

 

The Wolves have some advantages over us Dragons. But the Ravens and Crows… Have the upper hand in any Weather.
Asuka - Look! I see a Crow there! | Indeed. 

 

The Crow is circling above the Town, carried by the small Winds.
- Crow! Hey, Crow! 

 

I see its Head turn, with a careful flight to us. The Crow arrives.
Crow - Greetings, Dragons. Miss.
Miyu - Where are the other Dragons?
Crow - Hiding…

 

- From what?

Crow - The Wolves have Raided this Town recently. | Damn savages.

- That’s enough to ignite a War.
Crow - With your Status, any time you want.
- No. Not any Time.
Crow - Correct…. Pardon my careless Words.

 

- Crow, fly back to Skaly. Send in the Elite.
Crow - That would…
- That would turn this into Town into a secure place to live. Now go!

 

The Crow fly off, using the same Winds we did. Hopefully that Message arrives soon.

 

Miyu - Drago, what are Elites?
- Specialized Dragon Units. They’re merciless and have no limits to their Morales. All for Safety.

 

Asuka - Onii-sama, what will happen…?
- Not much. They will Guard this against the Wolves. Judging by the Paw prints on the Snow here. These have been Wolves of a grand Scale. Not the small fry we fought recently.

 

Asuka - But the Dragons in this Town… They’ll be even more afraid if they see the Elites.
- They won’t. The Elites are famous for their Kindness. Care and respect for Families, of our Kind. To the Enemy… They’re slay entire Town if Skaly or I wanted so.

 

Miyu - I see… It will be okay. Asuka.
Asuka - Okay~...
- That reminds me. Let’s sit at one of those Tables and eat!

Asuka - Food?!

- Go pick a Table. Miyu go with her.
Asuka & Miyu - There’s so many! | My Eyes get covered by Snow as the Ladies dash for a Table for Breakfast.

 

The Tables are under a small Rock formation, natural Shelter, if it wasn’t carved out by the Residents here.

 

Loud Wing flaps ring from behind me. An entire Unit of Elites arrives.

 

Unit Leader - Sir! Reporting!

- Wolves have raided this Town recently. Track them, leave no Soul of theirs unpunished.
Unit Leader - Search for Tracks! Leave no Rock unsearched!

 

His Soldiers march past Miyu and Asuka, the Ladies don’t mind the Soldiers. 

Unit Leader - Sir, what will you do?
- Have Breakfast with my Family.
Unit Leader - Please be cautious there could still be Enemies nearby.
- I’m a Strategist, I’d see an Ambush from afar.

Unit Leader - Well said, Sir!

 

The Unit Leader joins his Troops. While I, join my Family.

Asuka - Onii-sama! Onii-sama! Look!

- Chicken?! | I feel my Mouth begin to Water. I want to eat!

Miyu - Enjoy! I made enough for the entire Trip so eat without worry.

 

Asuka and I are already digging in, Miyu is joyfully watching us devour the Breakfast she made.

 

A while passes, Doors of some Residences open. Adult Dragons step out to look around. The Elites greet them.
Immediately, the entire Town leaves their Homes. Resuming their Activities and Duties.

Few Dragons speak with the Elites, these Soldiers are not the best Conversation holders. But they can hold a short one.

 

Out of the many Dragons passing on the Roads, a particular Family catches my Eye.

The Mother of it seems to recognize me. She quickly leads her Family here.
Mother - Thank you so much for helping us again!

 

- That’s my Job.
Father - Thank you, Sir. So much… I can’t put in Words how much I wanted to spend my Time with them.
- What’s your Status in the Military?
Father - Caster, Sir. I would reinforce the Magic protection on our Soldiers.

 

He’d die if a War broke out. His Body could never take that burden, not even mine could.

 

- Were you assigned that Status?
Father - No, Sir. I have very high Magical Affinity.
- I see. Could I speak to you for a second? Miss, please sit down.

Mother - Thank you.

 

I lead the Father a short distance away from the Table.

- You know in case of War, you wouldn’t come back, right?
Father - Ah! Sir, that Status was dissolved Decades ago. | Heh?!

- What…?
Father - Magic Casters simply prepare Potions and Pastes for the Wounded. | I see…

 

- So you work with the Healers?
Father - In a indirect way, yes.
- Good. I… need to refresh my Knowledge…
Father - Haha… you have plenty of Time for that. Especially with the Elites here, Sir.

 

- Good to hear that you all are safe, Town included. Now, go have fun.
Father - Sir!

He returns to his Family, together they quickly leave. 

 

Miyu and Asuka walk up to me. 

Asuka - Onii-sama, we can leave now. The Elites are here to keep the Village safe.
Miyu - Besides, needing to open Shop soon. We also need to make a quick stop at Home.
- Sure thing. Asuka, think you could move the Portal here?

 

Asuka - It’s there. | Asuka’s vision moves to an Entity behind me. It’s the Portal!

- Superbly done, Asuka.
Asuka - Of course I can! Who do you think I am?!
- The best little Sister in the World. | I rest my Head onto hers.

 

Asuka - Oh~... Onii-sama~...
Miyu - Drago… What you said when we spoke to Skaly, is it true?
- That you two are cute and adorable? Of course!

Like a Apple in its Prime, the Ladies light up bright red.

 

Embarrassed, I follow them through the Portal. 

 

As we arrive Home, Miyu rushes inside to change Attires and tell her Parents about her Adventures.

Miyu - We can go!

Asuka - Hop on!

- What did they say?

Miyu - Mama and Papa? Nothing special, we did great to solve the Problem even if only temporary. Mama also gave me Coffee and another three Lunch Boxes.

Akano’s Cooking… Lethally Sleep-inducing. Need to be careful with that, at least in my Case.

 

Landing at the Shop, our Daily Routine starts. Just as the Sun comes up in its full morning Glory.

Miyu - Asuka, please collect the Flowers~.
Asuka - ‘Kay~!
Miyu - Drago, rest for a while.
- Eh?! 

 

Miyu - You head a lot of Stress back there. Rest up a bit.
- I can’t just leave you two to work alone!

Miyu - Drago…~!
- Y-Yes, Miyu. I’ll sit here.
Miyu - Good Boy, Drago~. | At least I get Headpats… But I still think it’s unfair!

 

Through the horrors of the recent past. With current events as they are, the Mountain Town should spring back to its regular Motion very soon.

 

Seeing them work, puts me at ease. Miyu is feeding the Fishes, Asuka collects the Flowers with her gentle and soft Touch.

Curious who we can help with a few Flowers, but also what Profit we make Today. For Miyu’s Wish.

0