Prologue – Turning Back Time
324 6 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Drop by drop, red droplets splashed against the cold floor— blood, leaving traces onto the delicate mural of the balcony. The stains became thicker than the previous along the way.

"Eris plea-!" A young man tried to scream. However, he puked out a piece of his stomach, staring in a mix of pain and horror at the state he was in. Followed by a messy pool of red, He grasped his dented abdomen in agony. 

Mustering the little strength he has left, he gazed up with the only good eye he has left. He pushed himself up from the ground with his aching arm.

"Such a passionate scream, Styril the Fake. But unfortunately, I have no time for delicacy…, " a voice mocked elegantly, laced with deep breaths.

A feminine gracious figure stood at the tip of the skyscraper, her body as beautiful as a sculpture. Her crimson orbs gazed upon the vast view of the massacred city and made eye contact with the fallen man. 

He tried to speak but his words turned to mush, as more liquid burst out of his mouth. He sank back down onto the marble floor, flinching like a fish at its last moment on land.

Eris was overshadowed by a dark ball of energy at her fingertips. Her eyes seemed to glow under the darkness and her smile widened like a crescent moon, "The world is at my mercy and everyone you love has turned to ashes! The land. The water. The air. Everything on earth is MINE TO SEE FIT!

"This cursed world would finally be purged, and a new life is ahead with me as its queen— no, goddess! " She cackled, her tone dragged with menace. The dark energy sphere within her hand grew larger than the skyscraper in a short time.

'Forbidden…' Styril slammed his palm on the bloody floor. His body shook like tremors against the excess muscle aches. Blood and sweat dripped from his cold forehead as his breath grew frantic.

A translucent vibrating sword formed in his other hand, made from solidified sound. He brings it down to his other arm and cuts it off, earning a frown from Eris.

"You-, " She points her index finger at Styril as another dark ball of energy forms which immediately shoots a violet ray.

The ray disperses into tiny particles, blocked by a translucent grey barrier as Styril whistles a familiar tune. A continuous tune of burden and sorrow in between, which tells a certain tale of a journey.

Eris scoffed and spat at him, the energy ray growing larger and overwhelmed the barrier's size.

It took only a second for the barrier to crack, but Styril paid no heed and kept his head straight onto something else.

The pool of blood underneath him moved under the influence of his chant. A large red array of foreign language circling his severed arm.

'…loop' Styril's thoughts raced faster than before, the energy ray broke through his barrier at light speed. But at that moment, the ray dispersed into nothing. Everything surrounding him began to disintegrate into dust.

Eris' eyes widened, glancing down at her body. She was turning into dust from bottom to top. However, a grin crossed her face as she leers at Styril with an abyss sclera, "Burn these words into your mind…”

Styril gazed at Eris’ eyes.

“nothing will change. "

As the last bits of her existence turns to dust, a silence befalls upon Styril. A certain tune echoed in his mind with his gaping lips covered in blood.

Styril fell to the ground, an empty void awaiting him. The darkness surrounds him with no signs of life. As he closed his eyes, he was left with a familiar tune— an endless tune.

13