Chapter 10 First Battle- Mercenaries
49 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As soon as Allen's words fall, everyone was stunned. His actions were so out of ordinary that the gang of hooligans needed a second to progress that. They were blown away as to how a mere Iron rank dares to confront all of them like this and so blatantly disrespect them. 

Anybody with eyes would clearly see that they were legit Battle Aura practitioner and there is no way Allen couldn't see it so, how could a bottom feeder little sassy like him disregard half a dozen of veterans with various life and death experience is beyond them. 

This is the classic arrogance only found in the young masters! 

The Leader was take aback but instantly veins began to bulge around his neck as he gritted his teeth. Even if Allen was a noble he didn't care because the nobility is no use in these parts. 

One of the lacky with a eagle nose behind the brawny leader jumped forward and started shouting, "You—How dare you talk to the 'Clock Horses' like this. Do you know who we are?"

"Clock Horse? You sound as dumb as you look!" Allen laughed with complete disregard, even the passing by people were attracted by their commotion and looked in bewilderment as they argued. Many looked at Allen with a weird gaze because nothing good could come out of pissing off a mercenary group of the Yruen Port. 

*clang*

"This does it!" The eagle nosed lacky immediately withdraw his sword and the others behind him also followed, sounds of sword exiting the sheath resounded as the whole port was silent. 

Allen looked at then with a smirk but he didn't withdraw his sword as if challenging them to dare attack him. 

The angered Leader was suddenly suspicious of Allen's action as he looked around with an idea of why Allen is so smug. 

"Stop!" The leader screamed as he pushed his gang behind.

"Boss!" The eagle nosed man asked as the Leader silently directed his eyes in the side. 

They looked and saw as how a team of port guards were observing them and they instantly understood. 

Allen wasn't looking to actually fight rather he wanted to incensed them enough to attract the port guards. The Yruen Port is in the security of these guards and any type of physical confrontation is completely prohibited. If caught then both parties would be arrested. 

Allen isn't fearful because he is an Alwis City resident and he also have money to bribe the guards but their group would suffer being the main aggressor as well as just mercenaries and adventures. Although they have a backing, they are still restricted by some laws. 

The leader looked at the calm Allen and tried to control his anger, "You are good kid, My name is Faisel and I am the leader of the Clock Horse mercenary group. I would give you this victory, but just hope that we don't cross paths together ever again. And also forget about hiring any mercenary group to protect your ass, I advice you to turn around and leave." 

Faisel words were extremely menacing and provocative as he gave a cut throat sign to Allen. Faisel cannot do anything apart from this, they wanted to make profit from Allen as they slowly scare him and then give him the olive branch asking Allen to hire their group as they would squeeze him dry but who would have known Allen would go completely out of script.

Allen just wave his hands but didn't understand why they were so dumb. They are a group who thrives off of being hired, if they blackmail their customer and use violence like this who would ever hire them? Then again, they are just a mere low ranked group, anyone with brain would only employ the mercenaries from a reputable guild and with good strength, not these no names. 

The mercenary group is divided into four division, the first and the lowest ones are the D-rank mercenary with members below copper rank, this is the group that previous Allen used to work for. 

A group like this is more like a learning experience for the aspirants as they understand the ins and outs of choosing this life style. The missions are usually non lethal but it also have lower wages. 

The second is the C-rank, they are more advanced and are allowed to take risky missions, The members have are usually at copper rank. The group from just now, calling themselves Clock Horse was from this particular group. 

The third is the B-rank, It is extremely hard to get a B-rank certificate for any mercenary group because it is not only about strength but also reputation as each members should have a certain degree of reputation under their belts. They are also the most trusted group for hiring and their services are most sought after because they are approved from the guild after a strict procedure is followed out. There is a giant gap between a B-rank and a C-rank mercenary group.

Some top class B-rank could easily demolish dozens and dozens of C-ranks. The members are usually at the very least a reputable Copper rank with good record and there are also numerous silver rank in the mix. There are even some Gold Rank incharge for peak B-rank mercenary group. 

The last and the most revered is the A-rank. They are the elites of the mercenary guild and there isn't much of them. They are usually contracted by financial powerhouses and aren't accessible for common people. There top power level is not know but even some peak Silver Rank are hard pressed to join such a prestigious organization. 

Allen genuinely don't care about this bunch and he in fact very much wanted them to come at him but the venue is not correct. If he kills them, then he would be arrested, Allen would definitely not welcome the thought so he would runaway obviously, but then he would be barred from Yruen Port which isn't worth it. 

Allen kept looking at their retreating back, and a knowing smile appeared on his face as if he could see their future condition. 

... 

The Yruen Port is a large avenue with various markets, shops, inn, guilds and etc. There is much one could find here. Even though it was originally established to profit from the identity of the Kemosin island but now, it has been fully developed in a force of its own. The infrastructure has been build to such an extent that even foreigners comes to trade here. 

The port was established and previous owned by three ruling parties, a particular higher up from Alwis City, A kingdom near west from here called Tyrion Union and the third one is the Umaga Duchy. But after few years the Alwis city official was able to slowly devour their share as well, currently it owns a whopping 70-80% of the whole port. 

The others own this port just in name as they are tributed in a particular frame of time from the Alwis City. It is quite understandable because Royal and Nobles don't actually have the true sense of profit oriented knowledge and money making skills. They are also very busy in their own political agenda and infighting and disturbance of border hence, their grip was broken on this lucrative port. Alwis city saw this change and immediately draw a certain tribute to them to please them and more importantly isolate them. 

And they have been very successful through this endeavor. Allen was very impressed by the minds of these Alwis city higher ups but he was quite indifferent too overall because this is none of his business. 

His only goal is to reach and explore the Kemosin Ruin Islands, and he was currently traveling through a boat to make this trip. 

The Yruen Port is obviously build at a safe distance from the island or else, they would be hard pressed to always fight off the beasts to maintain the security. 

So, this gap could be transversed via boats and ships. The big adventurer group and high grade mercenaries have ships of their own and some boat company also lend their ships to the foreign group but Allen obviously don't have neither the money or channels to acquire such a luxury. 

He just casually walked around and dealt with a fisherman to row him to the other side, after a bit of haggling he got the sweet deal. 

"The wind blows the ocean as the bastards came to steal, the sailors are in tow as they want profit from the deak!" Allen was leaning on the boat as he was sitting in a relaxed position, his bag was under his legs as he chewed on a tooth pick. Both of his hands were hanging by the side of the boat as his fingers submerged in the sea. 

Allen sang the weird song which made no sense but for some reason the rower felt a chill down his spine. He shuttered as Allen kept on humming but the rower felt as if he is being stares by a ferocious beast. 

The rower kept rowing but strangely his speed was getting slower and slower as he was deviating from his original path, he looked behind as he thought that Allen would have an inquiry about his actions for which he had an excuse but Allen didn't seem to care. 

After some moment, he saw a few similarly sized boats came their way. The rower was delighted but he kept his emotions in check. 

"We have company, no? why don't you take the boat near them and saw hello to your fellow "Clock Horse" members." Allen said while yawning as the rower almost nodded but suddenly his eyes widen in shock. After composing himself, his expression turned malevolent and he withdraw a sword and turned towards Allen. 

*ptui!*

Allen threw his tooth pick from his mouth as it directly pierced the right eye of the rower/attacker.

"Ahhhh!" The attacker was blinded as the tooth pick was thrown in such precision and force that it drive through his eyes and into his orbital bone. 

Allen looked indifferently as he wailed and he observed the various boats coming near him. 

"I was quite eager to test my skills, and a fight here is just up my alley." Allen stoop up and un-sheath his sword looking at the calm blue sea. He was just staring at the beautiful sea as the rower kept on wailing and few boats were coming in an extremely fast speed towards him. 

"You motherfu—" The most close boat to Allen's position was just a few meters away, in which the leader of the clock horse group Faisel was sitting and he saw the rower screaming and as soon as he come near he started to shout with venom but midway through his eyes widen as an unbelievable expression appeared on his face. 

Allen actually gave him a side glance and smiled as he jumped in the river but oddly enough be wasn't sinking. He was actually standing still on the water!

2