Chapter 20 End Of Days
37 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Like the story? Then add to library!

Want to support? Then Vote! 

What to share some ideas of yourself and be a part of this experience with me? Join the discord. The link is below. 

https://discord.gg/CWE65cpjD5

If you wish to support and encourage me.This is my PayPal link :-

https://www.paypal.me/ppratyay

If you like the work, then please review as well. 

Support me in this journey, thank you for reading

.. 

The Silver Rank looked back in shock and anger as his old group mate have shoved a sword straight through his back. Although the silver rank was vigilant he couldn't have thought that he would be attacked so swiftly and ruthlessly by his own. 

*Spit*

Blood pored from his mouth as his eyes were red in fury, raising his head, the silver rank discovered that the figure stabbing him wasn't his friend Grey but instead the kid they were looking for! seeing this instantly his face paled in desperation and puzzlement. After stammering unintelligibly for quite a while, he finally exclaimed, "Why! Why is it you?! W-w-w-where's Grey?!"

Allen pushed the sword a bit more earning an agonizing scream from the silver rank and said coldly, "He's lying somewhere dead on ground ready to be served as some random beasts dinner. It's your turn now."

The Silver rank's breathing stopping and collapsed on the ground afterwards.

"That's two of the silver rank dead, just a few pest along the way and this party is over." Allen swing the blade downwards as the blood leeched out onto the grass, Allen used transformation arts to take the shape of one of the Mercenaries as he ambushed this second silver rank. He has already finished almost everyone as he used all trick possible in this dark night, his killing spree was especially easy to achieve because no one has anticipated the things like a person walking on tree, or looking like their friend etc. These are only feats accomplished by the old Magus back in the magical era, everyone have heard the tales but no one is ready to face it. 

"Weris! Where are you man!" Allen smiled as he heard more prey coming close to his position, he took a few steps and merged with the night like a shadow. 

... 

"Where is everyone?Why haven't they captured the murder of Miles!" The researcher screamed as tears poured from the corner of his eyes, as a person who roams to seach and travel to many places he is no stranger to danger and death but those who are injured or killed are only mercenary as they are paid to protect so, he was pretty detached but now that his long time friend and colleague is laying dead without a whole corpse, he felt an indescribable fear for his life. 

The Leader looked at the researcher with an annoyed look, he was also worried about why they haven't return. This is getting too ominous. 

"Everything is going to be fine right? This is too fucked up! why did you have to provoke that guy, if it weren't for your greed this wouldn't have happened! I would make sure you are judged properly once we are back." The researcher was very scared and tensed as even a person of his intellectual succumbed to the irrationality of annoying and blaming his current protecter, he couldn't comprehend that if the mercenaries decide to leave him not even his whole corpse would be left. 

'This guy is getting too annoying! It would be problematic to let him be, I should just get rid of him. Yes, that would be good I would fabricate a story about us meeting a savage beast and we separated, as some of us somehow lived but the team with the two researcher met a vicious beast and died.' The Leader eyes shone with cruelty as he made his decision, although he won't be spared from punishment saving his life this way won't be an issue. Accidents can happen anytime in this business. 

The Leader eyes were devoid of any emotions as slowly like a phantom went near the researcher, he grabbed a dagger on his back but suddenly his emotionless eyes widen as he throw his dagger in the direction of the dark forest. 

*Sheesh* 

"*Ah* What? what are you doing idiot, why are you throwing knives in the forest!" The researcher screamed at the top of his lung pointing his finger at the Leader, but ignoring him the Leader looked dead straight where he threw the dagger. 

"You are good!" Suddenly a hoarse voice sounded as a shadow emerged from the night, he was none other than Allen and he had a shallow cut at his right cheek from which a faint line of blood gushed. Allen stretched his right hand and faintly touched the blood with his index finger on which a glistening ring was adorned. 

'He is more perceptive then the others, His level is probably 3-star and his mediation technique is maybe... ' Allen licked the blood from the side of his cheek and demonically rubbed his bloody tongue on his upper lip, an action which earned a terrified scream from the researcher and a frown from the Leader. 

'Tough nut to crack eh.' Allen squinted his eyes and readied his sword. 

"Where are the others?" The Leader reciprocated as he also unsheathe his sword and asked with a cold look. 

"Dead!" 

"I see, you should have run then but you choose to get a full sweep and that would be your undoing." Although the Leader talked about his group being killed nonchalantly but Allen could clearly notice the seething fury in his eyes.

"Your disposition, demeanour, perception of the surrounding and attitude is very similar to an Assassin. Is your Battle Aura nature—dark?" Allen asked because he can feel a bit of an aura similar to an assassin in the Leader. As a past shinobi himself however short it was, he is very quick to figure someone like that out. 

"Is that your wish? Knowing my Battle Aura nature. Very well then, you are right and now prepare for dying." The Leader shouted but both him and Allen were just stalling actually. Who would even converse during a time like this? They both were busy in their own stuff, the leader was trying to probably figure out Allen as well as gauge his physical condition because, if Allen really killed everyone then there is no way he would be perfectly fine, the leader was looking for weakness against an unknown adversary.

Allen on the other hand was scanning his Battle Aura circulation, he was pretty sure that he can win but to simultaneously fight and record his isle movement would be hard in his current conditions. 

"You… Don't come any closer…" Although these two were playing a mind game the researcher was shitting his pants and he said as he pointed his finger towards Allen and scrambled backwards in fear. Having heard of the death of everyone, his mind was already in a chaotic state. Allen's form slowly morphed into that of a demon king in his vision.

Allen gave him a side glance and the Leader immediately jumped to the flower patch forward him before appearing before Allen. He threw his attack towards Allen and circulated his Battle Aura before stomping down to the ground and leaped, trying to close off his retreat path. 

A sharp sound reverberated through the ruins as a sword cut through the air like a javelin tried to penetrated through Allen defences. 

Allen knocked the Leader fast charge sword away. Facing the ferocious flurry of attacks from his opponent, Allen stood straight like a pine tree in a storm, not once lowering its head to the ferocious winds. His stance was also stable as an unmoving boulder near the coast that doesn't budge at all no matter how forceful the wave.

Allen and the Leader attacked each other in a frenzy as their sword met each other countless times and the sparks lit the dark night. Allen could intercept and perceive his enemy attacks thanks to soul force while his enemy had the support of dark battle Aura nature. 

Grasses were being blowed away, patches of lands being torn apart, tress were sliced with deep slashes as their attacks devastated all that came in their path as they went in and over, through and around the forest. Allen tried everything to gain the territorial advantage which were being squander by his opponent. 

The went at it for what seemed like hours as their fast attacks were increasing in momentum as fight continued. Allen hasn't been able to gain any advantage because at this time he was only using his swordsmanship, he has never faced an enemy so adept in fighting ruthlessly like his current one. 

Allen was learning with each passing minutes as it looked to him that his ability would have a breakthrough. Eventually though, Allen was getting tired as the opponent was also panting rather heavily as the continuous attacks from Allen finally pushed him into a corner. The opponent in the middle of the bout started to wielded a two-handed sword which was suitable for attacking but quite lacking when it came to defense as he invested everything to get rid of Allen. 

Allen's rapid, suppressive attacks for the last ten minutes had frightened him quite visibly. Despite his experience sparring against his colleagues in his mercenary or otherwise, no one has ever held up against him for that long a time. 

"Gaarrgh!" cried the Silver ranked leader as he leaped to attack.

"Hmph!" Allen merely humphed coldly without taking a step back and pointed his sword toward the opening in his opponent's move.

The Silver ranked leader suddenly changed his maneuver from a stab to a sweep. Allen's sword merely slanted and parried the move.

Clang, clang clang! The two swords let out clear, crisp sounds of ringing metal as they crossed. After ten-odd exchanges, the Silver Swordsman retreated to catch his breath while Allen's expression looked a bit pained as his body swayed about unstably.

The Silver ranked leader pounced again using his two-handed sword to execute a wide horizontal slash.

Allen's defenses still held up without a flaw. However, each parry from his left arm grew weaker and weaker.

The Silver ranked Leader was elated and he put more energy into his strikes.

Clang! Allen's sword had already been knocked away and his chest was exposed.

The two-handed sword quickly slashed downwards with Allen already unable to recover his stance to parry.

"Die!" screamed the Silver ranked Leader as he let out a breath of relief.

With but a simple step back and the two-handed sword barely scraping Allen's clothes and landing on the ground. Allen smirked followed by a swift moment with his left hand that held the sword previously which had been knocked out of the way, his pale hand drew a beautiful arc in the air and oddly enough a bone dagger emerged on his hand as the glistering ring on his index finger disappeared. Allen shoved it thorough the Silver ranked Leader's neck.

The Leader let out a gagging cry as he crashed towards the muddy patch in before struggling and thrashing to get up and finally exhaling his final breath. 

'Transformation arts is really convenient!' Allen spinned the dagger in fingers and threw it backwards without even looking as the dagger pierced through the air, landing right between the eyes of the last remaining member of this party the second researcher.

From the foolish way he was talking to the Leader, Allen really didn't want to hear him open his mouth once again and annoy him. 

"Neither of the three battle Aura techniques is similar to mine. *tsk* No matter they are quite loaded so, it wasn't all for nothing." Allen shook his head as he started to search for his spoils. He immediately took whatever he can and retreated because the beasts are becoming more active with all the dead bodies around, Allen is too exhausted to fight so, he decided to rest. 

"Next up I should go to Mount. AusrDu, it would be the ideal location for my practice." Allen rested on a high tree as he sat in a cultivating posture to recover. Allen already had an eye for that place since before but he postponed going there because he couldn't actually use chakkar for shinobi arts but now, that place would be very helpful for his upcoming practice and proficiency. 

.... 

2