Chapter 4: Alijah and the silver blood
137 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The first thing that hit me was the dust that filled my nostrils. Though the smell of blood hit me right after. My head throbbed from the moment my eyes flew wide open. What caused me to lose consciousness still had a hold of me. It was a struggle to raise from where I was. My surroundings were unrecognizable, even though it was still somewhat blurry. Though what worried me the most was… Rem was nowhere to be found.

I found myself in a cage with weird people I had never seen before. All my senses seemed to be in a mess, too. At this point, I thought I might have been hallucinating. Slowly sitting up, I saw I was not imagining things. I was not alone in the cage. Though more worrisome were the weird cuffs around my wrist.

I had seen nothing like them before. They were made of metal and had oval-shaped gemstones on each cuff.

“Hey, bud, are you awake? Who is Rem? You have been yelling for them in your sleep.” A too-friendly elf said from the corner of the cage.

I growled upon being addressed.

How long had it been?

He also had cuffs with a different stone from mine. Mine had what appeared to be a moonstone on each cuff. They glowed lightly, too.

“What?” I mumbled, trying to figure out where I was.

Everything was so unfamiliar to me I could not even understand most of what was happening. One moment I was with that stupid luma, and now she was gone without a trace. The weird metal craft I was on was blindly fast and unknown to me. Though it seemed familiar to the one we spotted in the village, we had stopped about six days ago.

Everything was a blur as we passed by the scenery. The first thing I tried to do was get out of the cuffs, but they would not budge. Instead, the gems on them would glow every time I tried to use my strength. It felt like they were draining me.

“Ah... the meds will soon lose their effect. When that happens, it will give you some more clarity.” The elf informed.

I continually tried to break out of the steel cuffs again, only for it to be futile. A curse left my lips soon after. Nothing I tried worked. Something so easy to break out of in my time was utterly impossible to do now.

Astea, our world, seemed more dangerous with each year that passed. It seems its inhabitants loved inventing ways to suppress others. And whoever did this… was…

Despicable.

“You won’t get out of those.” Another Lycan noted from the other corner of the cage.

It seemed it was just us three in this one. Though there were many others, chained in front and behind us. He made no sense, though.

How can’t I break this hunk of metal?

They did not even make it to that annoying blaze of elf metal etanil. That was the strongest metal in our world, and it used to be rare in my time. Though, now I did not know.

Fuck, is it the bond or something else keeping me back? No, Rem told me I would still have my Lycan abilities.

And the wolf in this cage did not have a bond. At least I thought that was something unique to Rem.

Where is that annoying brat, anyway?

No matter where my eyes fell, I could not see the little luma that had been accompanying me for the past week.

“What the fuck are they? And where are we?” I asked warily, watching my surroundings, hoping to find Rem.

There were other women in another cage behind us, but not the luma I was looking for.

Why is she stuck in my mind? Why am I worried about her? Is it the bond? It has to be.

Otherwise, why would my head be full of her? She was annoying and constantly around. I should have been grateful for the silence, but instead, I felt odd. I did not know what it was.

That stupid luma better be alright, for both our sakes

I had not noticed that her presence had left an impact on me. The world seemed colder without her around. Her warmth and stupidity were…

“They are absurd contractions inspired by the witch fucking our alpha.” The male Lycan scoffed, annoyed.

He did not seem pleased by that. But was he speaking about Lilith?

A witch fucking an alpha... it has to be Lilith... Right?

A sting crossed my chest as I shook my head. She created these cuffs. That was something I could not put past her.

“It drains the wolf within us to where they make you weak. We are like an average human with them on.” He added, rolling his eyes.

The moon elf nodded, raising his own cuffs that had another type of stone. It seemed purple and functioned the same way mine did. Though to him, it was to suppress his magic. Lilith had become a clever witch, not that I expected any less.

“As to where we are, I think we will all find out soon.” The elf added as the craft came to a stop soon after.

In an instant, the cages opened as someone came in and chained us all together, pulling us out into the dirt outside. Even though they were hybrids, I stopped myself from acting too brainlessly, given the information I had at hand. Though, I could not help but look everywhere when they sat us down, hoping to find the only hybrid that mattered to me.

But Rem was still nowhere to be found. She was with me when we fell out of the cart.

What have they done to her?

This was not like me.

Why am I worried about her stupid ass? Only known her for a short time... All while she has been an insufferable pain, yet I... can’t understand it.

That annoying little luma plagued my thoughts. It had to be the bond. Shifting my priorities, I gazed around to identify our attackers. They were a type of raiders, or maybe bandits. I did not have the slightest idea of what they wanted. The desert dust that the crafts had lifted was making it hard to breathe, too.

Rem... where are you?

While I tried to gaze around, trying to find her, something caught my eyes. The stupid little bag she always carried was being unloaded from the craft by a man I did not know. It somewhat irritated me.

Why does he have that bag while she isn’t here?

I had not felt this triggered by something since my first day here. It made me slip.

“You! Where is the luma who had that!?” I growled, angered by the sight of the bag in unknown hands.

Why is it irritating me so much?

The thought of anything happening to her made me want to kill everyone here. Upon hearing my question, the man holding the bag walked over to me before smirking at me like I was an idiot. He was also a hybrid, a dhampir. Half-vampire and human.

However, what was more concerning was that the bag he was holding had blood specks on it. But before I could say anything else, someone from behind me spoke instead of him.

“Oh, you mean your wife. She is out in the desert with a cracked skull. Maybe she is bleeding to death right now. I don’t know or care. Nor should you, hon.” The same hybrid from the tavern said.

The same fucking peredhil who wanted me to join her in a room. Her words caused me to glare at her. The rage that swelled through me was almost unstoppable. If I did not have the bond that luma forced me into. I probably would have ripped every head off if I could.

Rem... dying or dead was something intolerable for me. My strength would die with her, but was that the only reason I felt this way? It had to be.

“You...” I muttered at the peredhil.

In response, she grabbed me by my chin hard enough for me not to break away.

If... only I could...

Her touch was worse than Rem’s ever was. Not that it was bad. Rem’s touch was warm and caring while this girl was cold. Just like all the women that the elders sent my way when they drugged me. It almost made me want to gag.

Why do I not feel this way with Rem?

Ever since that day on the lake… something had changed.

Why didn’t I kill her the moment I saw her? Why did I hesitate?

This was not like me. Thanks to that moment of weakness, I found myself in a predicament of damnation.

Why did I feel like lightning struck me when I saw her? Fuck... that luma is making me weak.

Something I disliked. I had promised Lilith’s corpse to never let another woman touch my heart. Yet I...

Why is this luma warming mine? This was a mistake. One I am paying for now. Fuck!

“Don’t worry pretty boy, I will show you a better time than that luma ever did.” The disgusting peredhil tried to make me feel something from nothing.

Instead, I snickered, glaring at her. Even though I had never held Rem before... This woman’s words were rallying me up against her. Even though I knew it would be better for me to be submissive for now, I could not help myself.

“You are nothing compared to her.” I snarled, spitting on her face.

For a moment, she seemed stunned by what I had done. But she soon recovered, digging her fingers into my eyes for revenge. The pain was a wake-up reminder of how powerless I was again.

Though it irritated me, I was the same as I was before the moon’s power awakened within me.

“Once I am done with you. You will be an obedient, wolf. How about you show me your actual eyes? I know you are wearing contacts.” She scowled, scratching my eyes, taking off the lenses Rem had given me.

They were green, to hide away the crimson of my eyes, but as she ripped them off. I groaned in pain as blood dripped down my cheeks. She did the same to my other eye soon after. For a moment, I was blind, unable to see a single thing. Rage coursed through me, as I could not control my laughter. Although it was broken.

“Hey, Loren! Don’t damage the goods!” Another raider yelled at the hybrid assaulting me.

I could feel her shrug through the arm that held my face in place. A desire to rip them off surged through me.

Shit...

My breathing was uneven. I had not felt pain in a long time.

“He will heal. The cuffs don’t stop it.” Loren pointed out, loosening her grip on me.

It allowed me to snap my face away from her, glaring at her with my real eyes. My healing factor was faster than normal Lycans. Well, unless another wolf, which she was not, inflicted the wound.

Luckily, Rem did not bind that away, but I suspected she could do nothing about my natural abilities.

“Loren... I am going to enjoy ripping into you.” I snarled at the elf.

It triggered her to smirk and lick her lips. She was enjoying the view of the new toy she had to play with. A being full of malice.

“And I into you, little wolf,” Loren smirked, happy about finding something new to break.

Only if she knew all the ways, I would crush her instead. This was not the first time I was on chains. But it surely would be the last when I got out of them. When my fangs sunk into their flesh, I would revel in their pain, slowly making them suffer until death took them.

For whatever they did to me, and for taking the opportunity of killing Rem myself. Though…

Why... do I feel this way? Rem... you better still be alive. If not, I will hunt you down and kill you either way.

“Oh... I did not know that Fenris had a bastard son.” The male raider who was holding Rem’s bag commented.

I growled instantly upon hearing his name.

Fenris...

The man who took my second chance at being happy. I would surely end him if we met again.

“What?” I grumbled, unable to comprehend how I could ever be confused as his child.

But if they knew what I was, it would be worse. Yet I could not help but be disgusted by their conclusion of my origins either way.

“Eh, he isn’t silver-haired. So, it could have been surgery. Every one of those Lycans fools adores their damned alpha. Maybe his parents did that to him in a moment of fanaticism.” The one that yelled at Loren noted.

She shrugged in response, not caring where my heritage was from. All she wanted was to get me inside to play with me.

“Does not matter. The buyers will bid for him either way. He has such a pretty face. And when I’m done with him, well. He will please anyone on command.” Loren smirked, sending shivers down my spine before heading inside their camp.

It was at the base of a mountain with a cave for their lair. A good disguise, not that it mattered. Purebreds never gave a damn about hybrid affairs even back in my era, but back then, Celestelia was not this advanced. The dust at my feet made me wonder if Rem was lying on the ground bleeding, as Loren had said.

That thought made me feel sick. From the days I was with the little luma, I could tell how pure her soul was. She did not know how dreadful the world was. Rem was full of life, and now because she ran paths with me. She was dying or dead somewhere in this vast desert.

Not that I cared... No... I just wanted to kill her myself. Make all that joy and happiness that radiated from her go cold. By my hands alone. That had to be it. Though... that thought made me wonder if my world was colder without her. My emotions were conflicting.

Even though I felt anger towards Rem... I wanted to see her radiant smile one more time. The innocence that she emitted. Her stupid stubbornness of getting close to me, with no ulterior motives.

A warmth that threatened to consume me for the past three days. Every time she lay next to me…

Shit... Rem... please stay alive until I find you.

It was not long before they moved every prisoner, including me, inside their lair. Instead of fighting them at every inch of the way, I learned from my time being a captive in my era to be submissive.

The trick to keeping my sanity intact was to wait until an opportunity arose. The base itself was nothing special. One way in and out. Easy to defend, but easily taken with little escape opportunities. The only challenge was their numbers and the massive door by the entrance to their camp, which was within the cave itself.

Once I got free, I should have been able to kill everyone. Every person I saw was a hybrid. No match to a purebred such as myself. So even without my blood moon powers, I would have been fine. All I needed to do was find a way off these cuffs.

From all my years of capture, one thing it taught me was patience. An endurance that was running thin because of my bond bearer, though. It was the first time I felt scared of losing something since my era’s Lilith.

The raiders led us to the primary room, where there were hundreds of prisoners. A chain connected each other while they excavated the cave for ores. Even children were using pickaxes. That was a dreadful sight, though not uncommon for Celestelia.

Back in my era, I killed everyone that came to my path. Even though I would usually take my sweet time torturing them, children were the one thing I would grant a swift death. After all, they were innocent.

I mean, until they grew up to be the same adults that abandoned me in that dreadful hole. Even in this era, death was better than the treatment they were getting. Most of them seemed to be skeletons while others collapsed, only to be thrown away.

That job was not meant for us, though. They eventually took us into another cage, away from the miners that were mostly kids and women. Everyone was silent while they closed the door behind us. Sitting down, I closed my eyes, trying to calm down. They still stung a bit from before.

But the others in the cage had other plans. The silence was too good for them.

“Are you okay?” The friendly elf from earlier asked me.

 His words caused me to growl in response. I did not want to speak or know anyone in here. Especially a stupid moon elf. All I wanted was to find a way out to locate Rem. That was all that mattered to me, but that did not stop them from trying to be annoying pests.

“Ah… Well, I hope someone finds us soon.” The elf tried to salvage the chatter after my hostile gesture.

I stayed silent. Though bad for him, one raider heard him. They were walking nearby, unloading the items they had stolen from the merchant’s cart. Unable to contain himself, the raider laughed loudly, slamming his hands onto the bars of the cage. The sound of him slamming into the metal caused my ears to twitch.

I glared at him while he continued laughing.

“No one is coming for you or anyone else,” said the raider, that could not hold on to his laughter.

He enjoyed the elf’s expression of disbelief. It was amusing, but he was right. No one was coming for us.

Especially for me...

No one ever cared enough to save me. Probably the only one crazy enough was bleeding out onto the desert sand.

Fuck... Why do you keep crossing my mind? Get out already!

“You are wrong! I have a family who will come looking for me!” The Lycan shouted from beside me, annoying me even more.

Why does he have to be so defensive? It isn’t like they are lying.

All the surrounding noise was too much to bear. Oh, how I wished I could silence them in one go. This was torture.

“Even if you do, they will never find you here. And much less after I sell you to the highest bidder.” The raider informed, smirking widely.

He was enjoying our predicament. It reminded me of the elders that held me hostage in the past. It caused me to chuckle, catching everyone’s eye.

Oops... Did not mean to do that. Ah… well…

I guess my mind was not fully sane in the end. The timeless prison was way better than this shit hole of a world though.

“Pretty boy, what are you laughing about?” The raider asked.

I bit my lip. Seems everyone was calling me that. And how I hated it.

Fuck me and my charms.

That was not the nickname I would have liked, but I did not want my name to come from them, either. Even though there was a worse nickname that came to mind.

‘Alijah-tan,’ just what the fuck was going through that girl’s mind every time she called me that. Though… what I would give to hear it right now. The thoughts of her bleeding out just got me angrier, too.

“Just thinking of ways, I will kill you after this.” I huffed.

He chuckled, grabbing onto the cage bars, enjoying this. They always did.

“Ah... like we did to your wife? The raid terrified poor little thing before Loren bashed her brains in!” He laughed at my threat.

A sting rose in my chest as I scowled at him in response. I did not know why, but his words annoyed me more than they should have. Especially when he spoke of Rem.

Unforgivable.

“I will pay you double for that asshole,” I growled, jerking the chains, unable to help the desire of my fangs to be around his throat.

His blood flowing down my throat would quench me right at this moment. Lycans from my era used to eat their prey. Though I was not sure of how they handled things in this era. Surely, it was not.

“Ah... It was a waste, though. Such a pretty face she had. If it were not for Derek, who told us to leave her be. I would have brought her here and had my way with her. Even if she was cold by the end.” The raider snickered to get under my skin.

The Lycan beside me gagged, unable to hold his revulsion. Though the feeling that grew within me was worse than wanting to hurl. His touch tainting Rem’s body enraged me. It would have been better if she died in the desert than to suffer that fate.

Before I could say anything else, someone was ahead of me. To them, what he said was unthinkable, too.

“You are disgusting.” The elf glowered at the raider.

However, before the disgusting life could say anything in return, another came over and grabbed him by the shoulder.

“Stop bothering the merchandise and help us unload.” His fellow said.

The psychopathic raider sighed, not liking his fun being interrupted.

“Yeah, yeah, I am going.” The raider mumbled, heading back to work.

For a moment, everything was quiet, but it would not last long. The people in the cage with me never found solace in silence. And worse yet, they kept involving me.

“I am sorry about your wife.” The elf sent his condolences.

I still felt weird every time they called Rem my wife. Hoping they would leave it at that, I stayed quiet, but they seemed to be blind to all my cues to not socialize.

“It is weird, though, if she was a Lycan. Why did they not bring her here like you?” The wolf asked me, tapping my leg with his foot.

I growled the moment he touched me, retreating it away from him.

Why don’t they leave me alone?

 I guess I had to answer them. They would not drop it otherwise.

Fucking annoying…

“She is a luma.” I scowled at the intruding Lycan.

He ignored my cue of aggressivity and continued to press on.

“Uh... Oh... How could you even marry one?” The wolf rasped, unable to think how a purebred would be with a hybrid.

Something that did not surprise me. Even in my time, hybrids were crapped on. Even killed for simply existing. Not that I ever partook in that. I mean, I killed everyone without bias.

“What?” I muttered, not liking his tone at all.

I would soon regret biting his bait, though. I should have ignored it.

“I mean, you are a purebred Lycan, right? Why would you settle for trash? Like a hybrid girl?” The wolf huffed.

He did not like one bit that I lay with what he considered a lesser being. Not that I did, but it pissed me off. The wolf calling Rem that was unneeded. She was annoying, but not trash. Her warmth was not something to bad mouth.

Even though I tried to control my anger, I could not. Instead...

“Why would you call her that?” I snarled before I even realized it.

Rem... is not good for me. Her smile... is gone now. My heart... feels weird.

In it loomed a pain I was not sure what it was.

She... can’t leave me like that. Just like Lilith...

“Just look at them. They are all trash.” The Lycan scuffed, gazing at our captors.

I growled at how he plotted everyone into the same boat. Rem was nothing like that. Every time I rejected her touch, she stood up and gave me that radiant smile. Telling me she will do it again and again until I got used to it. Just so I would not have nightmares.

Now... she is... Arg... stupid little luma. How can you make me care then leave like that? How will I fight with you again? Or hear your stupid little voice.

Her time was too short. I would pay them double for everything. I hated this world. And it was worse without her, too.

“Not her... Don’t you dare call her that!” I snapped at him.

The Lycan growled in response, not liking my answer. The only thing that stopped the fight was the elf, who stepped in to calm us.

“Hey, let’s not fight. It doesn’t matter anymore. She is probably rotting somewhere and soon we will, too. The life that awaits us is not a happy one. So, let’s be grateful she escaped that while we enjoy the little time we have.” The elf pointed out the obvious.

The life that awaited us was not spectacular at all, but all I needed was a chance. I needed to break this bond, though. So, I could end everyone’s suffering. This world was bitter. A winter grasp that froze everything around me.

My thoughts before I came here were usually full of Lilith, but all that popped was Rem. Stupid Rem, who was bleeding while I could do nothing about it. I had to accept; I would never see her again, probably.

A few hours passed while they unloaded all their goods, cheering a heist well done. Every prisoner held their silence in fear of any repercussions. Closing my eyes, I tried to get my chaotic thoughts together. For a moment, I thought I would be able to, but the screaming from other prisoners quickly broke me out of it.

Part of me wanted to rage, break out, scream, but all that would ever do was make it worse. Every time I tried to be defiant to the elders, it would end with my misery. Even when I did not, it still ended in the same way.

Though was not long before someone slammed the door open. It was Loren the peredhil. Her brown orbs were full of desire while she walked over to me, smirking.

“Pretty boy, it’s time for your training,” Loren announced.

I chuckled at her words, unable to hold my amusement in. This elf was delusional, thinking she could tame the wolf that had not been tamed in six thousand years. A big mistake, but it could have been my way out. Nothing she could do would ever make me bow to anyone, though.

“Hah... so soon?” I sighed, snickering a bit.

I did not want to make a scene like before, but it was hard to hold down my nature. Sadly, I did not like pain. Although I enjoyed inflicting it. The moment she unchained me from everyone else, I was tempted to slam into her.

But that would have put me in a worse position. The others could have run over me like ants. So instead, I let her lead me out with no trouble, trying to figure out my game plan. But there was none.

If I were in these cuffs, I could do nothing about my situation. But even if I got off these them, the bond that Rem cursed me with prevented me from killing anyone. No matter how much I wanted to end them. However, what happened next, I would not stay quiet. Nope... The blond bitch would fire me up in a way that I knew far too well.

Loren led me to two pillars, each with chains attached through holes that connected to a piece of machinery. It had other shackles with the same stones as mine had.

Did she prepare this for me? These people were professionals.

Before releasing me from my previous binds, she placed the new ones. Someone on the side quickly pushed on a button that pulled on the chains, preventing me from going after her. My arms were held in place once again. I guess they were used to unruly Lycans.

Though it seemed no matter what I did, misery awaited me in the end. If the elven bitch was about to inflict some on me, I might as well have some fun while she did. Perhaps I could cause her to make a mistake.

It was all I could hope for.

“You are into some weird kinks.” I began tugging on the chains.

It was no use. There was no way I would break out. Loren smirked, grabbing onto my face. The blood from earlier had already dried on my cheeks. Trailing her icy fingers on the streaks, she licked one of them, triggering me to growl loudly. I wanted to kill her so badly. She was so disgusting. They all were.

“Oh, you don’t know, pretty boy.” The elf purred, enjoying my reaction to her tease.

Fuck... She is insane.

Worse than any bitch, the elders sent my way. But that would cause her to enjoy it if she knew.

“How about you give me an idea of what is in store for me, skank?” I asked, trying to hide my hostility somewhat, but it was showing.

Actually, I was wrong. I had one bitch like her. A sadist that made my life a nightmare every time she walked through those doors. She loved to share me with men, too. Not that the elders ever gave a fuck about me.

To answer my question, the harlot elf pulled out a whip from a box she had closed by. From the expressions of the prisoners who were here before I arrived, I could tell I was about to have a shitty time. Whipping it once in front of me, I could see it had barbs coming out of it.

Fuck...

My nerves were going haywire.

Yep, this bitch was worse than the sadist.

That was something I thought I would never see.

“Is this good enough, pretty boy? Don’t worry, I won’t touch your face. It’s your biggest selling point. Though you would probably heal either way.” Loren answered, enjoying the anxiety I was showing.

My body instinctively tensed up. Although I would not allow her to revel in my pain. One good thing I had developed was keeping things to myself. Even though Rem always found her way around it.

Eh… Why does that luma pop into my brain even at this very moment? She is worse than a plague set out by witches! Shit…

After the hours that had passed, she was surely dead by now.

“You already touched my face, skank. Don’t you remember trying to dig my eyes out?” I reminded her, not really caring if I pissed her off anymore.

After all, I angered her earlier. Oops, I guess. If I had known she was the one behind the whip, perhaps I would have controlled myself better. Then again, maybe I would not have. The way she made me want to rip her to shreds was almost uncontrollable.

She had also been the one to kill Rem.

Damn it…

“I won’t leave any scars, love, but... you will hate this. And I will enjoy your cries of pain, pretty wolf. Later, I will savor you with my body.” The repulsive elf said, ripping my shirt off.

The sudden breeze of cold air hit my skin.

Is it night?

We were in a desert, so it meant it had to be the night for it to be this cold. Though it could have also been the cave itself. I would not keep that thought going, though. No, when I felt her trail her fingers on my chest, I shivered. She was enjoying my figure with her repulsive eyes.

If I could rearrange her face, it would have brought me immense pleasure. Though the worse part was the feeling her skin left on mine. Pulling my braid towards my chest and away from my bareback, she got behind me.

The sudden sensation of the half-elf’s fingers on my back caused me to shudder again. She slowly dragged them down to my hips before grabbing my crotch. Instinctively, I growled loudly, gripping the chains that held my arms apart.

I hated this woman and her disgusting touch. I could not help but relive the moments I was helpless. When they ravished my body and did as they pleased with me.

“Do you have erectile dysfunction, pretty wolf?” Loren asked.

I huffed.

“My dick works fine. It doesn’t like sluts like you, though,” I answered plainly.

She grabbed onto my hair, pulling on it. It caused me to groan in pain.

“I will make you eat those words.” The elf warned.

When she let go of me, my breathing was unsteady, though. I could not keep myself quiet any longer. It was not like it mattered anymore, either. The plans she had for me were…

“You touch me with that, and I swear I will…” I tried to threaten, only to be interrupted by her whipping me raw.

It was a pain that I had not felt in a long time. It brought back memories while the warm blood trailed down my back.

Fuck! I will rather die than be someone’s puppet again.

“What was that?” Loren smirked, enjoying my agony.

I tried to keep it internalized, but the barbs of the whip dug deep into my flesh. It was hard to not let out a sound.

“You are a fucking tramp,” I muttered, trying to shake off the pain as if it were nothing.

It only resulted in her whipping me again. This time, barely a sound left me. I knew what to expect, unlike the first time. Still, not the worst thing that ever had happened to me. No, that would have been when multiple men...

Fuck... Why am I remembering this shit?

“What? I couldn’t hear you, pretty boy.” Loren continued to snicker behind me.

I shook my head, yanking on the chains that held me. I wanted to break free so much. Especially since I hated every minute, I passed with this woman. It reminded me of a time I never wanted to remember.

“I’m going to make you suffer, fucking bitch.” I snarled.

In response, she whipped me. This time, it caused my knees to hit the floor. It knocked every ounce of my breath away the moment it affected my back again.

Shit!

It had been so long since I felt a pain like this that I had forgotten how hard it was to internalize it. But if I showed her anything, she would crush me.

Isn’t it right, Mori?

I could almost picture the red-haired Lycan bitch that loved to torture me. Unhappy memories I did not want to relive. I thought I had erased her from my mind.

“You try to be so tough. Maybe you are hoping for a rescue, but I will snuffle that wish out.” Loren snickered from behind me.

Her words annoyed me more than they should have. If I had not met that annoying luma, I would have never been in this situation. But she probably would have come after me if she could. Perhaps the only one in my life who would have ever done so.

Lilith had her clinic that she adored even more than me. While Rem, for some reason, was weirder than life itself. And they took her from me.

“You already did that... You took the only person who would probably come looking for me!” I snapped, breathing irregularly.

Why am I feeling like this?

I had only known that luma for a week yet, something about her was different. She was the only one to show me kindness.

“And for that, you fucking bitch. I will make sure you choke on your own blood!” I howled at her.

My voice was shaky.

Rem...

Even though she was annoying as fuck. She was still there for me for the past week. And now... she was probably cold lying in the desert sand where they left her at. Part of me felt weird. Maybe it was delirium from blood loss and pain combined.

“Oh honey, you will forget her soon, but it’s sad to hear that. Well, it’s good how you have no one that will care about what’s happening to you.” Loren pointed out, giggling.

Her declaration caused an annoying sting in my chest. She was not the first to point this out, though. And she was right. Enjoying my silence, she went to whip me again, only to be interrupted by a startling scream. It had erupted from the front door.

Fear... They were terrified of whatever they had seen. Thankfully, my hearing was still good. With it, I could hear what the men were saying by the door.

“Shit!!!! Close the door!” a raider with a few other fellows ran in like they had seen a monster outside.

It only took a second to close the reinforced door made of blaze elven steel, etantil. One could tell by the weird shimmer it gave off from its golden coat. It was the strongest metal in the world, though it was just like normal steel when my powers awoke. Loren, confused by the chaos, stood next to me. Seeing her so close made me feel a burning passion to rip her apart, slowly.

However, before I could indulge myself in that idea, they continued to speak. At least whatever was happening was allowing me to catch my breath. Although it hurt to breathe a bit.

“Hey what is the matter?” Loren asked from where she was.

One fellow raider came to her covered in blood. Although it did not seem to be his, since he seemed energetic. Lucky him...

“An intruder is slaughtering everyone that crosses its path.” The raider informed Loren.

She seemed even more confused by what he had said. Everyone else seemed to reinforce the door by the entrance, wanting to keep whatever it was attacking outside. Maybe they expected whoever was outside would stop after a while of failing. After all, it was a thick metal door. A good plan if it were a normal threat, but by the sound of it. They did not seem to be.

“What do you mean, an intruder? No one came after us! Roy made damn sure there wasn’t anyone around when we did our job!” Loren tried to make sense of the situation.

This had never happened in all their years of being here. The experience did not stop mistakes, though. I mean, look at me. I was six-thousand years old, and a luma tricked me. Though their error appeared to be a big one.

“Well, Roy is dead, and it’s not Cerberus or anyone that I know. They don’t come killing as this shit did. It’s a fucking Lycan. Smaller than the usual ones we see. It’s a silver-hair wolf and a fucking bloody mess. Nothing we tried stopped it.” The male raider continued to inform her.

Is she their highest-ranking officer or something? Why is he reporting to her?

All useful information if I ever planned to get out of these bounds. Even so, his report worried me somewhat.

A silver-hair wolf… It can’t be Fenris? No…

“Did you try sedatives? Iris?” Loren continued to query.

The raider continued to answer her.

“It moves too fast to even hit! I think Lloyd hit it with an Iris shot, but it did nothing!” The raider continued.

Iris? Sedatives? What the fuck are they talking about? Had they used something like that when they knocked me out?

At this time, I did not know, but the sedatives were made by humans using alchemy. A science I knew nothing about. And was too complicated for me to understand too. But I guess it was their type of magic. One they had developed through time.

“Moonstone traps?” Loren tried to understand what was happening, to no avail.

“Nothing worked, or it didn’t hit, Loren. We aren’t stupid. That shit is too fast!” The raider finally snapped at her.

I chuckled at his subordination directed to the bitchy girl. Loren glared at me, not happy at my reaction to her losing control of her minion. My eyes shifted towards someone who walked towards us. A luma... just like Rem.

“Maybe it is already under the effects of Iris. These doors should hold.” The new raider informed the group, though he had a distinct air about him.

Is Iris a type of wolfsbane?

It sounded like it from the way they were speaking about it. If they had that here.

Fuck... getting out will be more than an issue than I first thought. Just who are these people?

 Back in my time, Celestelia had stuff like this going on, but not to this extent. It felt like no-man's-land. But then again, hatred was present in these hybrids' eyes. Especially when they gazed at another purebred.

Loren seemed to melt the moment she saw the luma, though.

“Lucan!” Loren grabbed onto his arm,

In response, he enjoyed her attention.

Lover? Leader? Why would he ever find her touch pleasant?

It was repulsive.

“That shit is not like any Lycan I have seen, boss. It is radiating some weird black shit. I think it was muttering a name too.” The bloody raider said, bowing down to his leader.

At least he answered one of my many questions, but it was not the only one that was popping into my mind. Just what was outside of those doors that was freaking them out so much. They seemed like a capable bunch.

How would a normal Lycan cause that much trouble to an experienced group as themselves? Although the fact it was radiating black shit was weird indeed.

“Did you make out whose?” Lucan asked while his subordinate did not know how to answer him.

From the weird expression he was making, he was about to make a name up.

“Aliga something, I don’t know, man. I was just running for my life!” The raider answered.

Something slammed hard on the metal door, startling even me. Whatever was out there was strong enough to dent the door with one hit. No normal Lycan could do that. Bone, yes, thick metal, not so much. It was why we were held by thick chains in full moons. Although to me if I was in full power, that door would be a breeze.

“Aliga? Who the fuck is that?” Lucan muttered, not liking the situation they found themselves in.

Like I had said, this was a simple place to defend, but a graveyard if they found the wrong enemy. Whoever Aliga was... seemed to be fucked, though. Although everyone was in that boat, from what it seemed.

“Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! It’s going to come in!” The raider cursed loudly; his hands were trembling.

The being who was outside slammed again into the door, creating another dent. It would not hold it back for much longer.

“Impossible we make these doors of etantil ore. Thicker than a fucking airship!” Lucan pointed out, unable to believe what was happening in front of his eyes.

“Fuck! I think they sold you a defective product, boss!” The raider quaked where he stood.

Whatever he saw had seriously scared him. And I was defenseless to stop it from tearing into me if it wanted to. Though this whole place was a buffet for it. Using all my strength, I tried to break free. The raiders were ignoring me, worried more about what was in front of them. It was futile, though. The stones were draining my strength.

“Shit! Get ready!” Loren announced, running to her toolbox of horrors to find a better weapon than a whip.

A second later, the door fell apart, leaving people to shriek in horror. Before I even knew what was happening, more screaming and screeching erupted from the front as they fell to the beast. I was stuck in the back, witnessing the carnage unfold. Loren froze in place upon hearing their voices.

I could not rip my eyes from the slaughter that was happening in front of us. It did not matter if one was a prisoner or a raider. That wolf tore through them in a blink of an eye. Weird orbs appeared around the environment. Though most concentrated around me.

‘We have found you!’ the orbs whispered, all in unfamiliar tones of voices.

They utterly bewildered me.

What the fuck are they, and why have they found me?

Lucan took a sword he had out of its sheath in preparation. The wolf that slaughtered everyone in sight made its way to where we were at incredible speeds. And it left no one alive in its path.

The only ones who were stuck in cages and remained silent were safe. The closer it got to me, the more it spilled blood. Its howl was not one of this world either. Whatever was making its way to us was not a normal Lycan.

They had called it silver blood, but it was covered in blood from head to toe, turning its fur crimson red. Its body radiated a darkness that I could not place. And its eyes were of two different colors. One was bright crimson and the other one near neon blue. It also radiated a weak purple aura from its body.

The raider was right when they said it was not the size of a normal Lycan. No, it was much smaller, yet deadlier than anything I had ever seen before. Just my luck. I came into this world to get bound to someone I barely knew.

This person forced their way into my life. Then I get kidnapped and whipped. And now I was about to be eaten alive by a crazed wolf demon. My life was shit, no matter what way I saw it. I guess it was better to die than become a slave to someone’s pleasure again.

“Ali... Jah...” the wolf muttered in an irreconcilable voice.

Though its voice set my heart to beat faster than it had in years.

Did it just say my name?

The moment the bloody Lycan came close enough to us, Lucan engaged it. He only lasted less than a second, though. His head was removed from his body in a blink of an eye. The Lycan had pounced on him faster than he had swung that blade of his.

The dead luma’s blood splattered all over the floor. Loren screamed from the side, running behind me. Maybe she wanted to use me as a shield. A futile thing. Her other comrade was brutally mauled in front of us, too.

The wolf was literally ripping their limbs from their bodies. Their bones cracking when the wolf crunched on them ringed loud throughout the cave. Letting go of their limbs, it turned to me.

“Ali... Jah.” It mumbled again.

Loren was quick to note that I was the original target. She had the blood of a survivor. So, she would try anything to save her skin. The wolf seemed to be focused on me as it slowly came closer. I tried to back away, although I was stuck in place. My survival instinct was telling me to run away.

That wolf was not to be messed with, but I felt no hostility towards me. In fact, it was the complete opposite.

Why is it looking at me with tender eyes?

“Woah... there... Let’s not do something we will regret.” I sputtered to say.

The wolf tilted its head, taking another step towards me. Fresh blood still dripped from its body and mouth onto the floor. The orbs concentrated around us even more. I had never seen fairies, but they surely were close to what my mother once described them to be.

‘We found you!’ Voices continued to erupt around us.

They seemed happy about finding me.

Just what the fuck is going on? Why is my heart beating in excitement, too?

Though Loren made her move when the wolf was close enough to me.

“If it’s the Lycan you want, you can have him!” The blond bitch yelled, pressing a button from her hands.

It caused the chains to fall out of the pillars next to me, making a loud noise. The suddenness of it all triggered the wolf to growl loudly, launching itself. But it was not at me. It swiftly jumped over me and towards Loren. Her screeches filled the air while the survivors that were in cages watched on, terrified of what was happening.

The wolf tore into Loren, worse than it did for the rest. Unlike the others, who it killed swiftly, it dug its nails into her, ripping her abdomen open. Before spilling her contents onto the floor. It then mauled her face.

Even after the beast walked away from her, I could hear gurgles coming from her. It left her alive, but in that state, she could not move from where she was. It left me wondering what it had planned for me.

For a moment, I thought of running as fast as I could, but that would have been useless. The chains would drag calling the wolf to me. It seemed my fate was sealed. Taking a deep breath, I closed my eyes and slightly turned away from it, knowing there was no way out of this one. It was after me, and it killed everything that was not caged to get to me.

At least... I would join that stupid luma soon. So, I could kill her for leaving me like this. I prepared myself to feel a pain like no other. After it, I would feel the sweet embrace of death consumed me.

My eyes flew open as my body jolted the moment someone grabbed me from behind. It was no fangs or claws, but arms that wrapped around me ever so tenderly. Their skin on mine was so warm, something I did not expect.

Instinctively, I knew the body was one of a woman as the roundness of her bosom pressed against my back. Her slender hands grasped on my chest.

What... is happening?

“Ali... Jah.” A too familiar voice mumbled from behind me.

Hearing her broke me into pieces.

How... why...

A sense of relief washed over me, even though I did not know how she found me.

“Rem?!?” I called out, unable to believe what I heard.

Instinctively, I turned around to face her. There I saw those same eyes from before gazing at me. A grin soon appeared on her lips. She was not okay, and utterly naked, though. Her transformation had ripped her clothes apart. This was because her clothes were not enchanted to survive a shift. It was common on lumas who could not transform.

Though something about the little luma that was in front of me was not right. And it did not involve her lack of clothes. The darkness that radiated from her was overwhelming. Even my own senses were being overrun. Grabbing onto Rem’s face, I gently wiped some of the blood on her cheeks with my thumbs, but I could tell she was not fully there.

Her smile was not like the radiant ones she had before, but cold and meaningless. The moment one prisoner within the cages caused a noise, Rem’s demeanor changed. The murderous intent I felt coming from her towards them was surreal.

Just what the fuck is she?

Thought I would not finish. In an instant, it seemed like she was about to shift as I hugged her to prevent her from doing so. I did not know if Rem would go on a rampage, even forgetting me in her path of carnage. The instant I moved to embrace her; she turned her attention back towards me as that same aura dissipated. I snuggled her into my chest, softly calling out to her again, trying to reach her wherever she was.

Part of me did not know how to feel. I did not know if to treat her with gentleness or let her rampage. Though what I knew…

She came for me!

My mind got bombarded by questions. Matters only she could answer, although I had my own suspicions of who she was. She was hiding from me because she knew of my hatred of silver bloods. Even though she was covered in red, I could see the strands of silver in her drenched hair now that she was close to me.

Slowly the darkness that threatened to consume Rem quelled while I continued to analyze everything. Her eyes were crimson, and she was a luma for sure. So, it only meant one thing. She was Fenris’s offspring, which meant she was Lilith’s kid. This luma could have been one of Fenris’s whores, too.

If he had any, which I doubted. When I saw Lilith twenty years ago, she was heavily pregnant. And this girl seemed to be in her late teens or early twenties.

Is the girl in my arms her daughter? Shit... Rem...

Even though she was a silver blood wolf, I could not bring myself to hate her. Not after coming after me like this.

Rem... why are you trying to crawl into this bitter heart of mine? Please, stop trying to make it beat.

I had never felt this way before. Not even the Lilith from my era made me feel like this. Though… There was more to this than what I realized.

Just what are you, Rem?

 

I wanted this to be a surprise, so I did not announce it. We shall return to our little luma's point of view next chapter. But I want to ask. Was this shift confusing? Or was it enjoyable to see the grumpy wolf's side of things? c: I hope you keep enjoying my story! Poll there too.

Was the POV shift confusing?
  • No, I caught right away who was the chapter about. Votes: 7 87.5%
  • Yes, I would these chapters to be announced. I was lost for a minute there. Votes: 1 12.5%
Total voters: 8
5