Chapter Twenty-one
545 6 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Obligatory Disclaimer : I do not own anything (except maybe OC characters) all characters, places, worlds, universes…etc mentioned here belong to their respective owners and/or companies. 

This is purely a work of fiction. Not meant to offend or incite, but to entertain and (maybe) inspire.


WHAT GOES AROUND


On the seventh day, man arrived on Mars on a massive spacecraft which descended on the red, seemingly lifeless planet. Rocket boosters brought the craft to a controlled landing which threw up clouds of crimson plume. 

Minutes later a door hissed open from the spaceship’s underside, a mechanized platform extended down, on which were four astronauts geared in spacesuits and armed with wonder, excitement and a deep sense of accomplishment. 

They waved, jumped and hugged each other. Taking pictures to mark the joyous occasion. Being the official first humans on mars and all. Not counting me and whoever else came before. 

Crystal buzzed around my shoulder. “Are they your relatives, lord?” She asked, wonder in her tone. 

“No.” I said to the Tinkerbelle sized Cortana with wings. What can I say? It’s her favorite form. I preferred the mystique aesthetic but that was only because I associated it to sex and pleasure. Her base form did just fine if it boiled down to it, but it’s her body, her choice. 

Until sex is involved.

I really will have to go see a therapist for you brain.

Don’t be stupid, there’s nothing wrong with us.  

So says you, my ever-reliable brain. 

Fuck you.

I stewed in the silence, observing the astronauts go about their business which included obtaining samples, retrieving dead rovers and replacing them with new ones, entrenching antennas and satellite dishes into the arid soil and more.

At this point, it was clearly obvious that they’d be spending much longer than—the mission stipulated time of—Twenty-four hours on Mars. Which would be dangerous for them. 

Why so? Well, the terraforming that occurred during my eradication of the Sequids had certain unpredictable consequences on the Martian geography, it would of course return to normal given time but what this meant was that the astronaut’s current data on Mars wasn’t entirely accurate compounded by the fact that I’d previously stalled their network to hide my earlier actions.

The short of it was that a sand storm was brewing up and if they didn’t leave for their spaceship in the next ten minutes, they’d be swept up by gale force winds and have their suits and bodies ravaged by wind propelled projectiles of pebbles and rocks. 

Yes, it was entirely my fault. I was smart enough to recognize my stupidity but hindsight and 20/20 or however the saying went. 

Now that I was done beating myself up for my errors, I needed to find solutions. 

“Hey.” I turned to the Martian.  

“Yes, lord commander.” She rested atop my shoulder. 

“I need you to mimic the female’s voice,” I pointed at the one nearest to the ship. I retrieved my breather helmet and the inbuilt communicator it came with, tapping into the comm channel the astronauts were on, letting Crystal get familiar with the female’s tone. 

Once she altered her vocal cords, and “How is this, lord commander?” perfectly imitated the voice.

“Perfect.” I ignored the urge to experience just how pleasurable those new cords would feel wrapped around my rod. It’s time for business, I can’t play around.

“Scream into this for help.” I handed the helmet to Crystal and shot out of the bunker, streaking high into the atmosphere.

From my eagle-eye vantage point I observed all four astronauts recoil, immediately drop their tools and instruments to rush for their colleague. I imagine the lady was bewildered why she’d just heard her own voice cry for help. 

I whistled down and flew low, my acceleration whipped up a dust storm that severely impaired visibility, serving to obscure my form as I flew back towards the spacecraft.

I listened in on the astronauts’ comms, the approaching dust storm I brewed up forced them to close the mission earlier than stipulated. They did argue about weathering it out but it was an unnecessary risk to take, realizing that the storm could damage their transport vessel.

My mission was to keep myself hidden and to ensure the safety of the astronauts. This had to be a win for humanity, unless the situation demanded it, I wanted to keep it that way. 

A much larger dust storm followed the one I’d made, one that swallowed the craft whole and pelted its entire length with bullet-like projectiles. I flew into the storm, utilizing Infra-red vision on my goggles to find the spaceship, steadying its ascent from under its bulk. I pushed it up slowly, working in tandem with its thrusters so nothing appeared suspicious as it gradually climbed into orbit, breaching the Martian stratosphere. 

I descended back to Mars and into the vent. Crystal presented me with my head gear and the storage capsules that stored various Martian souvenirs and weaponry. I snugly fitted the storage capsule to my back, clasped on my head gear and stared at the red planet. 

I walked over its surface and planted my foot into a boulder, leaving my mark. Heh, imagine the confusion it’d cause if the rover took a pic of it, the conspiracy theorist would have a field day with it. 

I turned my gaze to the crystal who’d assumed her original shaper and size. I know I said I’d keep her, but post nut clarity allowed my moral compass to surface. 

“Do you want to follow me?” I asked.

“Yes, lord commander, my life is dedicated to you.” She bowed. 

I cringed, I cringed hard from the unrealistic soapy line. In fact, that line made me want to leave her behind, but I recognized her usefulness. Not just as an output for sexual gratification but as partner and a moldable weapon I could direct to whatever means I so desired. 

I was aware of just how heinous that sounded. 

“I’ll ask you again, make sure you reason it properly. Do you want to follow me?”

“With all my being, lord.”

“Are you certain?” I peered intently at her crimson, gold ringed eyes.

“As the sun that shines over my home, lord.” She beamed like a star. 

“Fine by me.” 

I accepted her soul like the devil I was. I had no clue if she was blinded by love, lust or a blind sense of dedication and obedience. I trusted none of those things but the fact that I’d kill her the moment I spotted any suspicious signs whatsoever. 

And I’m supposed to be the bad one.

You’re supposed to stay quiet, brain.

I pulled my head gear up, “Climb in.” She quickly altered her size and flew into the helmet, playfully settling down in my hair. 

I gave the Martian landscape one last look, the decade on the Flaxan homeworld broke me in more ways than one. The wonder I should’ve shown just wasn’t fully there. Mars was just another city to me, just as Manhattan was a city to someone from New York. 

“Neat.” I left the world, rocketing off its surface. The vacuum welcomed me, embracing me in its ever-present cold and numb silence. I approached the space-station, located my self appointed spot on it, retrieved my upgraded PSP from my belt and made myself comfortable for the long ride.

Except now I had Cortana. 

Get her to call you chief. 

*.*.*.*

There was no place like Earth, the vitality in the air. The fragrance of life in the atmosphere. The colorful vibrance and exotic nature that ruled the land. The colors; the blues of the skies and sea, the greens of the foliage in between. The bright lights, the concrete cityscapes, the modern towers of glass and steel. 

Earth was unique and wonderful and I loved the stupid planet enough to kiss it. There’s no place like home, I did kinda-- 

[Alert! Systems online…updates commencing...]

[Alert! Update completed…Highest priority Mission updates received.]

[Alert! Alert! Master user’s search parameters met...Four Warehouses identified]

A burst of alerts streamed from my suit’s AI. Each more urgent than the last.

“Plot a course immediately.” 

[Map outlined to nearest warehouse.]

I broke through the stratosphere at a high enough velocity to generate re-entry heat, melting my breather gear off. Crystal took on a lattice structure and clung to the back of my neck for dear life.

I broke through sonic barriers which became markers of my blistering speed. In seconds I reached the first one, a semi-dilapidated storage facility with reinforced metal doors. I grin as I smash through said doors and right into a drug deal in progress, one between the cartel and gray aliens. 

The smile on my face fades.

“Ignite.” Plasma bolts spew from the ejectors in my palms faster than theirs can reach for their weapons, the liquid merchandise evaporates on contact, the perps—human and not—are knocked off their feet with second degree electrical burns that leave them spazzing on the floor. 

“Next one.” I broke out the warehouse and followed the recalibrated map outline, with much more speed than I started with, enough to clear the distance and crash clean through double reinforced concrete walls and into a gigantic computer frame. 

“AIEEEHH!” The man shrieked as blue sparks danced along the length of the massive computing column and down into the man seated beneath said contraption. The electric discharge caused a cascading reaction of micro explosions all through the machine’s length, resulting in the oddly permeating scent of burning meat filling the air. 

I hated the nauseating combination. It brought up memories and memories brought up regret. 

While I was busy feeling sorry for myself and burying my trauma a lime green portal manifested beneath the screaming man, swallowed him whole and disappeared in the same instant. 

“Shit.” I dusted concrete chips off my shoulder. That was Angstrom Levy and I had let him live. Shit. Within the massive computing column, I noticed the bodies, hundreds of them each settled within a pod-like structure. Each an exact copy of Angstrom, each roasted to death. 

“Next location.” I blurred out the hole I had flown in through. Giving up now would render all my efforts void, I could not accept such. 

The third warehouse was a dud, it was your simple, honest to God, abandoned warehouse.

The fourth, now that one was different. I made my entrance like a coked up Kool Aid man on a steroid induced rage. The ultra-dense metal alloy meant to invalidate such progress twisted and snapped at a punch, my speed and damage output brutally overwhelmed its structural integrity. 

I zoomed into the spartan lab—a rocket powered train, spearing through the blue man, splattering him onto his twin who I then splattered against the abomination of a childlike figure suspended in the small sized pod to the center. 

It was a massacre in lay words, simply overkill. They were unprepared for me, after all why would he ever account for my disturbance? I wasn’t even on the planet at the time, and for all intents and purposes I was simply a brute who couldn’t possibly outsmart or scheme against geniuses.

Right. 

Robot collapsed into a heap, a puppet without strings. Following it an even bigger robot hidden in a shadowed corner slumped unceremoniously to the ground, cracking the concrete flooring. 

“Robot?” I pretended, worry soaking my tone.

The thing wheezed like a cat strangled in the hands of a malicious child as it writhed in the green puddle of spilled fluid, the disgust within me was held at bay by the grace of the Emperor. 

“What the fuck did you do to Robot!” My foot severed the wheezing, squealing thing from the center, hurling its separated pieces through the lab. Its painful cry abruptly cut short, giving the vicinity a certain silence.

“Robot, are you okay?” I hugged the cold, lifeless automaton, shaking it up and down.

“Cecil! Cecil come in! It’s an emergency!” I began the performance of a lifetime.

*.*.*.*.*

Angstrom Levy was a man of science, benevolence and peace. Blessed with the power to traverse the multiverse via portals, he had gathered as many of his counterparts as possible all in the effort of mapping out the multiverse and downloading said map into his mind. 

The ambitious project took unimaginable time and effort to conceive. All for nothing.

Angstrom bit so hard into his lip it tore apart, the taste of iron in his mouth momentarily distracted him from the disfiguration and extensive burns. It granted him enough respite to focus on the crux of his failure, on the one thing that caused all his efforts to go to waste. 

He burned the image of the boy into his head, he swore vengeance with every drop of blood in his body. He swore it upon the moon, upon the stars, upon his life and upon the Bio-alchemists who accepted to heal and mend his body. 

He swore to kill Invincible, no matter the cost. 


Tired. Alive. We shall rise.

Leave a comment/review and likes. Feed my soul.

GIGANTIC shout out and thanks to my Patrons, you do not realize the magnitude of good your support does. Thank you very, very much;

● Andreas Samuelsson (Slade Killson) ● Clinton (Titan Breaker) ● King_Reaper ( Kaiser Raiser ) ● PbookR (Infinity's Librarian) ● Ido Gormizo (Gravity's Tyrant) ● Godkingash (Heavenly Overlord) ● Ibrahima Gueye (Relentless) ● Douglas Pilkington (Storming Sword) ● John donut (Sugar Rush)● Turtle (Slow Die) ● Devan Kincaid (Killa Tin) ● Wiley Chriis (Pierce Bonbon) ● OneManArmy (Gun Gator) ● Danny M (Phantomizer) ● Adam Moret (Kilforce) ● Leslye Pena (Red Sage) ● Yahya Mokheimer (King Rooter) ● Patrick Seastar (Jack Sins) ● Mahad (Power Supreme)  ● Z3ro S1l3nce (Slender Ender) ● Kobe Brown (Gold mamba)● Rebek (Radioactive Knife) ● Garrett Conley (Mufasa Lincoln) ● Xerias (Spartaforce) ● ____(Kabuto Ken) ● CallOut4 (Duty) ● Luther.T (Rexor) ● Echan Clinch (Oni Oni)  ● Frostbart (Cold Homer) ● Jordie Eden (Adam's Apple) ●

Well, I'll leave you all to enjoy your day/night with me in your mind.

Till next time, Rain (the best ever) away!

You can come find me, 

ON TWITTER: @Rainreider https://twitter.com/RainReider

On PAT RE ON: https://www.patreon.com/ReidR41n

On YOUTUBE: https://is.gd/RaiNation

@Rainmaine on Instagram.

19