Chapter 3: System And Monsters
251 3 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It took ten minutes for me to notice the arrival of Mana into the drop pod. I couldn't really leave due to my injuries, at least it would be better if I could wait for another hour or so to see if there would any rescue attempts. If there was none then I would have to leave and access where I was and get to high ground to determine the location of the nearest base. This was standard protocol as in the case of a crash for new recruits, the hour was given to them to get acclimated to Mana and their systems, and now I guess it was my turn.

"Bring on the pain...nnnghhhhh!"

It was like having a million centipedes crawl underneath your skin and in between your organs. The experience was different for everybody, some said they felt like their bodies were on fire, others said it felt their body was being broken or torn apart from the inside out. Mine felt like I had monsters in my body, they were in my bones, my lungs and my heart.

I could feel them crawl up and down my spine as my entire form stiffened from the pain. I was gritting my teeth as hard as I could, but even that didn't stop the saliva and foam that escaped from it. I was having a seizure, it was bad, but completely normal when it comes to awakening your system.

The process itself was akin to Mana being a rejuvenating spring that was watering a land plagued by drought for a significant amount of years. Some people don't survive it though, and with the pain I'm going through I truly wish I could just die and be free. And then just as sudden as it started it was over, the sudden end of the pain caused a wave of vertigo as I vomited allover my army fatigues. I felt my stomach cramp as my bowels relieved themselves to. It was shameful, but it was also normal.

NAME: Samson Michaels

AGE: 19

MIRACLE

?????/????

Gods

?????/????

CLASS: Combat Officer

MANA CLASS: Druid (Lv1) 0%

RANK: Battle Acolyte

ATTRIBUTES

Wind (Lv1) Light (Lv1) Water (Lv1)

STATISTICS

Physique 9

Movement 13

Magic 18

PASSIVE SKILLS

Firearms Mastery (E+)

Blades Mastery (C+)

Terran Combat Series: Lion Fist (D+)

Mana Control (F-)

Night Vision (F+)

ACTIVE SKILLS

Charge Shot (Lv2)

Quick Draw (Lv5)

Swift Thrust (Lv3)

Lion Stomp (Lv4)

Lion Strike (Lv2)

Lion Claw (Lv2)

Wind Blast (Lv1)

Wind Drag (Lv1)

Light Heal (Lv1)

There was a lot here than should be allowed for a person who came from a universe without Mana. However Mana was slowly saturating the Terran universe and Earth. But it was not enough for people to start owning skills and leveling up to become stronger.

What we could actually do was know what element we were attributed to, and what class we were born with. Classes were not chosen, they were set right from birth. But ultimately classes are just place holders, at least for us Terrans anyway. What really matters to us are our attributes and miracles. Those were the true source of our strength.

The attributes would open up a way for skills and spells to be used irrespective of your class. Of course class skills are always stronger, they can only be gotten at level 5 and the skills gained were always random and unique to the person. Till date there has been 15 recorded first skill for the druid class, it helped one know what to expect, but the skills more often than not determine a combat style. So training for a skill you might not get was a complete waste of time.

So we learnt skills that we can use immediately we are deployed. It is impossible to level up on Earth, and Alfheim was a war zone filled with elves and monsters. There was no time to hold the hands of the new recruits until they get to level 5, so combat ready skills are given and ready for use on deployment.

I was happy finally seeing my stat sheet. But I was left with questions. I didn't have any miracle, much less two. Yet the question marks obvious to me shows that I do have them, two in fact! Only that I don't know what they were and which gods they belong to. And then finally the next shock was the water element, that didn't show up during my test, and because of that I don't have a skill ready for it.

But be that as it may I have a miracle! Even in the midst of the pain I was feeling that was the only thing that brought me great joy. Sure I didn't know what it was, or what it could possibly be, but this was a good thing! It was there and it wouldn't remain hidden for long. But speaking of pain, it's about time I did something about my injuries.

"Light Heal"

I felt energy drain from my body, I felt weak and my knees seemed to shake and knock against each other. It was the process of that happening that I noticed my right shin had it's bone sticking out of it. I hadn't noticed that debilitating injury due to all the events until now. Even if that hour is up, I'd still be stuck here until I can heal that injury.

But with a healing skill at only level 1, and not enough Mana to use it more than once, I might as well wait for my death or rescue. This was bad, here was no way my crash didn't attract attention, and being stuck here with a leg injury was the worst possible thing that could happen to me.

Because of my healing skill, my uncle wanted me to become a combat medic. But I've proven that I'm a little too stubborn for that, but nevertheless I've had a little bit of medical training due to the skill. So I knew I had to return both broken bones back in alignment, especially so for my leg. It was a miracle I hadn't bled out at this point. I had enough Mana for one more light heal before I have to rest until it's refilled. Nevertheless it's now or never.

*Screrriririririr!*

I felt my heart skip a beat. There was something on my pod, the screeching noise I heard was definitely the tell take sound of a monster on my pod or I'm being paranoid but still I'm going with monster. And while we've extensively studied the biology and ecology of Alfheim, I still couldn't tell what monster I was dealing with. I looked up at the reinforced glass and three pairs of four piercing red eyes were staring at me through it. I swallowed hard and moved my right hand to the Hand cannon besides my seat.

I wasn't strong enough for the assault rifle given my current condition, and the hand gun would not pack enough punch to deal with the monsters outside. They were dangerous and they roamed in packs, and as I am, one of me can't even take an infant of theirs. I steeled my nerves and looked up at them, glaring back at them with my own silver eyes for all I was worth.

"Bring it on Yurkets!"

14