Chapter 10: Bond, Wolf James Bond
193 4 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When someone used the analogy 'fury of a thousand suns' I laugh at them, because I know for a fact that such a thing doesn't exist. I mean it's nice to use such a word to show just how angry or pissed you were about something. Before this I didn't think using such a word was necessary to describe any sort of emotional state I found myself, because I felt that I was somewhat of a coolheaded person. But when you or in this case me, see the people I call my comrade in arms hanging and tied up like a grotesque misrepresentation of the crucifixion shook me up, it was more than enough to remind me of my extreme hate for elves and know that they weren't like us, they're monsters.

Rodal moved me away from where the cadets were being used as target practice... Come to think of it we weren't exactly cadets anymore. On reporting to the base we were all supposed to get our assignments, with most if not everybody becoming officers and heading their own squads, in would probably have been relegated to a position as a foot soldier or maybe a combat medic of some sort, my healing spell seems to be the best out of all my abilities anyways. But be that As it may we were in a load of trouble and I needed to figure out a way to get them all out of here and maybe deliver a sure hit to the elves in the process, though I would prefer they all just died instead.

Rodal took me to the rear of the cluster of red tents, there was a small log house behind the tents with quite a few benches laid out in front of him. There was a garden of sorts at the side, Well gardens on either side with one of them having stalks or rather sticks that had that poisonous vines from the gates growing on it. The other seems to just have a couple not vegetables and plants native to Alfheim, but seeing as it was side by side with a poisonous garden it would be much too early to write them off as not being poisonous.

Rodal took me into the house that turned out to be just an an extremely long wooden shack. But if was weird and wonky, the insides of it was ten times larger than the outside. This was an entire cafeterias with a massive stove and kit hen counter at the end, where a heavy set elf was busy stirring a ladle through a massive pot of soup... Or something that smells really nice.

"Rodal HumanSlayer! Did you just bring a fucking dog into my camp! And not just my camp it's in my fucking kitchen! This are grounds to be court-martialed and kicked out of my army!" Rodal cursed under his breath about crazy loud, self centered spoilt bitches of an Asshole Sun elf race. I heard it, and based on the look on her face she heard it too.

First of all she was fat, but while there was quite a bit of muscle on her frame, the fact that there was elf in existence built like a bloody tomato shocked me, and even worse that it's a female, and even worse that it seems she was the commander of the entire outfit, which means she must be one of the most powerful as the guard at the gate had said. She could have Rodal tried for being Insubordinate, and that don't end well for me, not unless...

"You have balls Rodal, I'll give you that. But just because you're the illegitimate prince of the dark elf queen doesn't mean you are above reproach. I recognize the powers backing you, but even I am no pushover so stop trying to antagonize me, because it won't end well for either of us." The commander muttered with her orange eyes lighting up in a neon like good that I could see from here.

"My, my commander please slow down, what are you even talking about. I have the utmost respect for you and your exalted position, I would never dream of being an insubordinate elf. And if I have made it seem so, then please accept my apologies. I've just had a long night and an equally long morning, the noon star has been unforgiving in it's sweltering assault of my person. So my cute friend and I are here to have lunch and a swig of cool elven wine, at your able discretion of course. After all, you are the able cook that has to feed us, and it's a position that you can't refuse, the same way a decorated warrior like me is relegated to common guard and scout duties, rounding up the rest of these stupid humans, before marching for their base." The commander held Rodal's gaze for a few moments before turning her eyes and beckoning him forwards, looks like she was still going to feed the asshole.

"Where is that asshat brother of yours anyways. Him and those incompetent guards/friends of his haven't been back from their 'very important' patrol and sweep of the lower valley. That location is closer to the base, and even though our comrades have the defense control room under our collar, much of the rest of it is still under the control of the humans. There could be some of them loitering around the forest looking for a solution to the drive they're currently under."

"Nah don't worry about that stupid brother of mine, our 'Supreme Commander's is the biggest coward in the entire history of elves. He'll stick to what he knows, it's such a shame that he's the dimwit that would become the first male ruler of the dark elves... I bet those ladies would murder him in his sleep three months after his coronation." Rodal said as he plopped down on a table and placed me on it, his hands rubbing my fur while I had a mental breakdown, I killed Rodal's baby brother, and from what said baby brother's gaggle of guards Malkova and I have trouble dispatching had told me... I was probably marked for killing a royal.

None of the elves have noticed yet, which means probably being in wolf form seemed to have eliminated the mark or whatever. It didn't make sense, I wish I could get a description, but I won't be able to unless I get an [Analyze] or [Inspect] skill books. Come to think of it, I heard elves and other creatures that die sometimes drop skill books.... I haven't seen anything yet, but that's because I heard outside of dungeons it was really rare. What you could get were cores which can be used to improve weapons and armor, or in this case our magically made army uniforms/battlesuits. Of which mine is laying under dead leaves somewhere in the forest. But I was getting off track here, these two were giving me valuable information.

"Three months is too much, there's a bet going on that he would be offed after three days. Be that as it may be has put us in a tough spot. I'm all for torturing the humans, it's surprisingly therapeutic giving the stress this bloody war has caused a lot of us. I mean you would expect them to have just given up and be enslaved a long time ago. But no! They just kept on fighting, then they stole our magic and now they're on our fucking doorstep!" Rodal scrunched his face in annoyance as he shifted a bowl of steaming soup and bread and a tray of vegetables to me, while he spoke up.

"Stay on track commander, you'll be even more of a hypocrite if you continue with your current discourse. After all we invaded them, did you expect them to just bend over and die? Because you're an ass of a Sun elf and everything the day star shines upon deserves to be sat upon by your gaping asshole!" The commander shut up and turned her face, a golden skin turning a deeper darker shade of gold while her red hair released flakes of tiny flames.

"You're even more of an ass than me Rodal, and I curse the humans that their arrival on Alfheim has made it so that I have to work with you. But be that as it may, your brother is making things hard for us. The humans we captured are supposed to be hostages, we're supposed to use them as way to pressure the humans and get into their base, effectively taking this region and using it as a laughing pad for assaults on their flanks. We need those bloody meatbags alive, yet he is starving and killing them slowly, he's pushing them into a corner, and we both know what happened the last time we pushed the humans too far." Rodal seemed to shudder, his knuckles white as he clenched his fist really hard. I ducked down, focusing on the food in front of me, and perhaps enjoying it a little too much. It was in that moment a large bell began to ring in the camp... someone was raising an Alarm.

Both Rodal and the commander turned towards the entrance of the cafeteria as someone ran into it. If was an elf dressed in fully gilly suit. Instead of a how he was holding a gun, and he had on a helmet that fully covered his face, but going by the glow where the eyes are, I would say this was a fully tactical battle suit. An amalgamation of our technology and elf magic... Fucking thieves.

"Commander! Prince!...I mean Captain Rodal! The bodies of the crown prince and his guards have been found, they're dead!"

It was so silent you could hear a pin drop in the room, the only other sound that could be heard was that of a wolf cub nervously eating the meal that has been placed in front of him. My heart was pounding so hard it felt as if it wanted to escape from my chest. Was I scared of being found out... Yes, yes I was, as that will put an end to everything. But I was thankfully ignored as the information finally sunk in and the heavy set commander stumbled backwards, almost falling to the ground. But Rodal was there to help her up.

"Do we know who is responsible?" Rodal asked, seemingly keeping a cool head while showing a part of him that up until this point I didn't know existed. Cold, calculating and with eyes that promised death and destruction in more ways than one.

"It's the world of the humans, the injuries and cause of death are from bullets. Except for prince Teflon, he has stab wounds made by a longsword. But not anything of elven make as the longsword is double edged. There are traces of wind, light and nature magic within the vicinity of their deaths, along with death magic. But that can be covered as I have captured a human female that smells like a necromancer. However the other smell is missing, her partner and the one I'm most sure is responsible for the death of Prince Teflon is still out there in the forest, at a close enough range the [Mark of The Kingslayer] should activate and we would be able to find the individual. I've put the captured female with the others, I can not breach her mind to find out information, but I do know the scent of her companion was headed in this direction, I discovered his discarded weapons and armor, which leads me to believe he was hoping to get rid of the mark thinking it was on to him like a scent rather than a mark on his soul that won't care unless he's a level 50 powerhouse. What are your orders commander?"

They caught Malkova? Shit! That was definitely not a part of the plan, but at the very least she was still alive, which meant there was still hope. Now I just need to opportunity to set her and the others free, and we should be able...

*Bang! *

The commander had kicked the table or rather she had kicked at me, but Rodal had redirected her kick to the table I was on. Smashing it to pieces and flinging me helplessly into the air while I flail around in shock and fright. Rodal caught me before I fell then turned to the commander.

"What are your orders, I take it you want some of us to go find this human?" Rodal said as he placed me down by his feet, his voice even and cold, none of the happy, mischievous tone he has been using laced in it.

"Some of you? Rodal finding this human is the only way we can all escape with our lives and not be executed for dereliction in duty! We just let the prince of a major elven faction get killed by humans on his coming of age quest! We're so fucked that a word for how fucked we are hasn't been invented yet. So no! Some of you is not going to be enough to get our ass out of the fire we just got thrown into. I want everyone, everyone! Above level 10! Searching the entire forest, you and I included. And nobody comes back here until we've found his head! The recruits can look after the prisoners and the dungeon entrance. They might be just enough to pacify your bitch of a mother, fuck! she's going to feed us to her spiders and Arachne won't she?" The commander said, more of a statement than an actual question.

"Who knows, but be that as it may, let's move commander, the longer that human is out in the forest the stronger he becomes. If he's already level 10 then it would be a bit of a problem for us, depending on what class he has. You know how fast they grow, level 10 is manageable.... But 20....we have to move, now!" And so they left, not even sparing me another glance as they left to go look for me, I couldn't help calling out.

"But I'm right here" but they were gone, all of the elves that could possibly be a threat, and they left their camp unguarded or simply put....they left the fox in the hen house.

8