Chapter 12: The Aftermath
157 2 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Taiye laughed out loud and with so much gusto the admiral besides him frowned. He was extremely smug, turning to the commander as he said.

"I asked you to let me go save him, you refused and told me to fuck off telling me he was impressive and that you were going to promote him, and that's if he survives. But instead he's saved all of your golden stars. This is such a shit show that the Terran council has been called in, I really don't want to know what they would say about you wanting to use such a promising soldier as collateral because he doesn't have a miracle."

" You don't have to be so smug about this captain Taiye. At least now justification to go save your nephew has been more than earned, but even at that I still can't allow you to be deployed. I'm not so vain that I wouldn't admit that my short sightedness and prejudice of your nephew not having a miracle had driven me into writing him off. But the Terran coalition has never and will never overlook talent. After all, we were already turning the tides of this war before miracles came to light."

Taiye scrunched his face in annoyance as he sat back that comment was a complete lie, but there really wasn't anything he could say about it, as that's the lie the normal people tell to keep the miracle holders in line and the public from worshipping them above the council. commander Yulekov was not as pragmatic as he wanted others to believe, he was just as driven by emotions and personal gain within this scenario as Taiye, especially when he has put a considerable amount of Resources into the training of both Malkova and her brother, an investment that would see returns when both are assigned to his personal squad of miracle blessed officers, their achievements becoming his and giving him a chance to become one of the presidents of the Terran coalition.

"The both of you bickering over this won't help any matters, what we all need to do is get a tactical squad ready that can go in and either retrieve the children or gain control of the base. Captain Taiye, you have the ears of the High president and the council, you trained these children and your own nephew has proved to be invaluable in securing the safety of those still alive... What do you suggest we do?"

He had the ear of the High president and the council? What extreme load of shit is that. A council that was mostly divided against itself and only united when it came to the grisly business of killing elves.

The elves themselves were no longer able to send incursions to earth due to how fierce the terrans were defending the last of the seven portals with all six already under Terran control. But control of those portals into Alfheim was control of Resources and with earth still starved of resources that was power in the hands of those who sat on the council; the presidents of the seven continents.

Normally his opinion wouldn't be considered in a matter like this, he was just a captain responsible for training some if not all of the most dangerous and effective officers of the Terran coalition over the past ten years.

No one had ever paid attention to him, not until Samson decided to flay about trying to survive and ending up impressing a bunch of pompous politicians. Taiye raised that boy, he knew Samson had absolutely no idea what he was fucking doing, he was just trying his best and as the saying goes 'fake it till you make it'.

And he was suffering in more ways than one, it really shocked Taiye. This was a matter of life and death and the young boy who he expected to forever remain at the rear as a medic was taking charge and slaying elves right and left. That was a capability that not even he was able to muster the first time he was on a battlefield... He had to rely on his big sister to get him through... In the end Samson had a lot of his mother in him, he was something divine, a budding hero out of a story book or legend.

"There Are eleven of them entering into a dungeon, sure there might be no way out, but the ten still alive are coincidentally our top ten students. Led by the guy at the bottom of the class but still the single most tenacious human being I've ever met outside of his late mother, just as you've seen. They're armed, and while they're on the run they have the advantage. They have a [Technomancer] with expertise in heavy artillery and Frontal assault. A [Ranger] that can sense death and shoot precisely with her eyes closed from 300 hundred paces away. A [Tinker] bomb specialist, a [Taoist] gun slinger with rage problems, a [Wizard] with a speciality in illusions, a [Blade Dancer] with a Djinn's miracle over Sand and Fire. A [Priestess] of the Demon Goddess Kali with a pretty annoying penchant for curses, a [Warrior] with more strength than he knew what to do with and chosen a of Hercules, a [Cultivator] with mastery over formations, and then there's Ricardo, A [Spy] that has a way with animals unlike anything you've ever seen, and a chosen of Morrigan herself. And finally there's my nephew..... A young man who has gone through a lot with a secret unknown even to him, but due to the current events I can't in good faith, and for the betterment of the Terran Coalition keep this a secret. He will keep them safe, all of them.... Because he was born with a miracle Commander Yulekov. Not just one but two of them, miracles that were lost or perhaps blocked by the elves when they came for his parents. An attack that was carried out solely to eliminate him and the mother that birthed him."

The meeting room was silent, Taiye understood why, this was way too much information. But he didn't have a choice, he has kept this a secret even from Samson to keep him safe. But now, with all that's happening and his increasingly efficient display, Taiye needed to give him a cover. This was a double edge sword as either one of the presidents on the council could decided to kill him to prevent the others from having him. But they were at war, this new generation of officers might be the best ever with none coming close to matching their talent in another 2 or 3 decades.

"Captain Taiye can you please clarify what you meant by he has two locked miracles." And so the question came, and with it, Taiye knew there was no going back.

"Well....."

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆

Rodal looked at the empty camp with a confused look on his face, and then realization as the strung up bodies of elven cadets filled his vision. The humans... Those that were dead at least were placed on top of what looks to be a funeral pyre, but no one cared for them. Some of the soldiers in this squad were family with the recruits, younger siblings and cousins that were sent to learn from their elders and having a place in the squad led by the dark elven prince and a Sun elf commander.

Just by being a part of this mission gave them credibility and a reputation that would be unmatched by their peers. Yet here they lay or rather hung over a massive pillar of earth, their insides cut open with their guts splayed out in the air for the returning elves to see.

Rodal felt cold as he turned to look at his commander. She was pale, they had found nothing except for two dead humans who had fallen prey to the creatures of the forest. They tracked the mark back to the camp, back to....this. As soon as they were all within the camp an illusion rose from the bodies of the elves, with words and a symbols of a wolf with lion like features on it's body. And the words, written in elfish and hanging over their heads.

"Ask The Trojans."

And then Rodal burst into laughter, one that was so raw, primal and broken that everyone else took a few steps away from him. He turned to the commander his temper reaching a crescendo as he yelled.

"It was that fucking wolf!"

It made so much sense to everyone else then, the wolf was a druid. Everyone knew that it was stupid to battle a druid in a forest or any place with sufficient amount of nature energy even low leveled they were dangerous, with the right skills and the annoying fact that the forest passively strengthened them, this was bad news. Yet they went against a druid in a forest... Low level or not once a druid is in a forest or any place with sufficient nature energy which practically is everywhere since nature is everywhere, nature is duty bound to help him, to do everything it can to make him stronger, just as he would also protect nature.

"The wolf you brought to the camp did this? You Bastard!" The commander yelled as she tried to take a swing at him, but it was too late as a loud pitched whine filled the entire camp and forcing the elves to clamp down on their ears. But it really was too late, too, too, late.

*KaBoom!* And then... There was fire.

A NOTE FROM ANONE LIONHEART

Ummm this is weird for me, however I just have to come out and say this. I'm greatful for the support you all have shown me thus far, and I'll continue to write this novel in honor of that. I'm about to become a father, and honestly I'm not ready. I've decided not to put any advanced chapters on patreon, but I would really like if you can support me. My son is almost here, and I've not even gotten him a crib yet, not to mention outstanding hospital bills for treatment his mom has been receiving. I earn enough from patreon, but it's not enough and I'm in debt.

Please help support me and this novel, anyway you can. I won't stop writing it as it's one of the few things keeping me going. Thanks for reading and God bless. 

10