1. New Beginnings, Death
239 3 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

What happened? I remember touching the orb when my vision suddenly became white before I fell unconscious.
Wait, where am I? I try to open my eyes and all I can see is the color white. The walls, floor, and the ceiling. If there is any.

My body and head do not hurt anymore, how did the orb do that?

I looked at myself and I felt relieved that I can see my body.

I try to stand up and look around, but before I could look behind me…
???: “Greetings, Mortal

A dark, ominous voice echoed throughout the room.

As I was quickly turning around to where I heard the voice. Everything changed. The walls, floor, and ceiling. I was shocked as the all-white room suddenly changed into a medieval looking throne room.

 All around me I can see are nothing but walls black as a starless night, a tall ceiling as if it could reach the heavens with pillars connecting it to the ground, everything would be black if not for the torches with purple-green fire, one each on every pillar, and the wine-red carpet on the ground. I follow the wine-red carpet as my eyes landed on stairs going up to a crimson red throne, with its back reaching as high as the ceiling. On it sitting was a topless man with nothing but black pants.

A mature handsome face with pitch-black pupils, pale white skin, and long black hair reaching down to his waist. On the man’s temples, a pair of pitch-black demonic horns reach out and up like a bull. The man suddenly stood up from the throne. The man looked 3 meters tall. He walked down the stairs and was slowly reaching from where I was. Then he stopped right in front of me. My head only reaching his belly button. I never noticed it, but his upper body was toned with an eight pack, it doesn’t look like what the bodybuilders back then would have, but it still looks properly developed. As I was lost in my thoughts, the man opened his mouth…

???: “Another one, huh?

The man said while looking at me eye to eye with the same dark and ominous voice. I would be screaming and running from fear at this scenario right now, but I’ve learned how to hide my emotions ever since I was a kid. I stood stall and looked at the man straight in the eyes while saying…

 

 “Who are you?”

The tall man looked surprised by my sudden question.

 

???: “Hoh? Who am I?
I just stared at him while my palms were getting sweaty waiting for his answer. (A/N: Knees weak, arms are heavy XD)

???: “kukukuku~

I just stood there in silence.

???: “KHAKHAKHAKHAKHA~
I was just standing there nervous at the current situation, while still maintaining my apathetic face.

???: “I am the God of Reincarnation
He says while calming down from all the laughing from earlier. I was about to ask another question, but I was cut off by his voice.

 

???: “And yes, you are dead

 

 “How did I die?” I say while looking straight into his eyes.

 

???: “Hmm? Are you not sad that you are dead? No regret? No fear?

He says while looking at me with a confused and amused face.

 

 “I guess not. No, I don’t feel anything”

After answering his question, and just looks at me with an understanding face.

???: “Well, it’s better to show you than tell you right?

 “Huh? What do you me- “

Before I could finish what I was saying, the room changed once again back to the all-white room. I looked in front of me and I saw a normal looking brown table, with a blue crystal ball on top of it. Projecting something in front of us like a screen.

 “W-what is this?” I ask trying to regain my composure.

???: “Don’t worry about it too much, it will just let you recall how you died.”

 “Ok…”

 

Then the screen engulfed my whole vision with light before I could pass out.


It was almost midnight, 11pm exactly. Less people can be seen walking around the streets.

“Haah… That was exhausting. Finally, I’m done working my shift.”

I said as I was walking down the street. There’s no people other than me. The place was eerily quiet except for the occasional car honking here and there.

 

“I really need a proper job sooner or later, huh?”
I said out loud, not that anyone can hear me. My part-time job working at a local convenience store is alright, I can earn enough money to at least live in this shitty world.

 

'I’m lucky the world isn’t that worse yet'. I thought. This world is just going to get worst. The air is becoming more polluted by the day, yet no one minds it. The environment is getting filled with more trash and garbage every day, yet no one does anything about it. Like whom am I to say, I can’t really do anything about it? I guess the world is slowly become more dystopian than anything else.

 

“I really need to go home and finish my sculpting.”

“…”

“I forgot it’s my birthday today… 'happy' birthday to me, I guess? I'm already 18!”

I said out loud to at least cheer me up from all those thoughts. I’ll just finish the sculpting back at my apartment to make myself feel happy. For all I know I’ve been sculpting ever since I was a kid. It helps me get rid of all my worries, it gives me peace, and happiness in this cruel world.

 

“I’ll be all alone on my birthday again huh?”

I’ve never seen my parents in all my life, no pictures, recordings, or stories. I lived in my grandfather’s house all my life until 2 years ago when he passed. I always celebrated my birthday and other special events with him. I always remember talking with my grandfather about stars and constellations before I go to sleep. He always loved the stars and the Zodiac signs and what they are about and where they came from. He lived a very long life, I like to say but, I hope it would’ve been longer.

 

“Haah… I can’t stop myself from thinking such depressing thoughts huh?”

Before I could finish my thoughts and check what was ahead of me, I thought…
'Huh? I’m getting dizzy for some reason… everything is twirling and blurry… everything is muffled… I can’t hear anything...'
I turned my head to the right, and I saw I was on a pedestrian lane with a speeding light going towards me.

*BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP*

Before I registered in my head what was happening to me. My pitiful life ended with a flash of light.

 

Hello the Author here! I finished my first chapter with 1k+ words. I plan to make longer chapters in the future, if I don't get lazy with writing XD
Please help me by suggesting some of your thoughts in the comments and what you think I should work on to better improve my writing >///<

4