1. Gail
199 3 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Fuck... My head is throbbing," Gail blinks away the dust from his eyes. "Yesterday, how much did I drink...? Ah!" With a piercing white light stabbing through the broken windows, forcing him to open them with care, he finds himself in a filthy, somewhat abandoned construction site. The walls were crawling with fungus and moths. Perhaps owing to the thick fog that makes breathing difficult.

"What the hell is going on?" he mutters to himself. "I must have been drugged," he thinks. "Is it because of my drinking? I can't listen to Assistant Lim lecture me about my irresponsible conduct one more time." When trying to push away thoughts that keep flooding in, he discovers that it's surely past noon outside those partially destroyed windows.

"How long have I been over here? And where is - here? Well," he said, "I'm not yet dead. It means that the person who kidnapped me wants money. Anyway, it's time to depart." He scratched his cheek with his shoulder. "I've been here for far too long; it's past due time to go home. Ann, can you turn on spikes, my love?"

"Of course, sir." As the words are spoken, sharp blades emerge from the bottom of his sleeves and slice through the rope. The robotic voice then replies, "Spikes were successfully activated." Standing tall and fixing his jacket sleeves, Gail issues a command to his virtual assistant - "Good girl. Can you send my position to Assistant Lim? He'll know what to do with it," he murmured.

Gail has the following features: jet black hair, eyes that are deep gray in color, and a sturdy masculine jawline. He believes he is successful and tall, at least in his own opinion. He adores money and, perhaps more significantly, the ability to spend it on things like clothing. At the moment, he is clothed in a gray suit made by the finest Italian sartors. It's flawlessly finished, with bright golden buttons carrying his initials that may be used as tear gas grenades. The suit vest has metal components serving as bulletproof protection. He attaches a chain from his golden pocket watch to one of the buttons, mainly to show off his antique collection. His jacket and pants are made of the same mixture of materials and metals, allowing the entire suit to be bulletproof. He has recently developed an interest in environmentally friendly goods, prompting him to order over a dozen pricey fake leather shoes. Those also conceal several weapons inside. A 3-inch knife hidden in the tip, nanoballs in the heal, which can attach tracking chips, as well as a few poisonous needles with a minigun. Despite how complicated it appears, shoes are really comfortable to wear. He opted for a tiny, almost undetectable, progressive chip that allows him to chat with his virtual assistant Ann and improve his memory as part of his bodily modification. Finally, he has a nice personality and continually wears a lovely grin; again something he'd say about himself.

"Yes, sir," Ann responds. "The estimated time for rescue: 10 minutes."

"I suppose all that's left is not to get killed before then," he says, turning around as footsteps approach from the staircase.

A young man wearing a black leather jacket and a hoodie enters the room. He does not appear to be holding any weapons, but he has a mask on. "Are you Gail?"

"Pardon me?" Gail continues dusting his shamelessly costly suit as if nothing happened.

"I asked if you were Gail?" continues the man. "They say that you're a handsome 25-year-old guy. A future leader of a multibillion corporation. The young genius who lifted his firm to the top among the world shark players."

"No wonder you were successful in kidnapping me," responds Gail with a smile. "You seem to know me intimately! Especially the part about being 'handsome' - it's quite true!"

The strange individual continues talking without acknowledging Gail's conduct: "I need your help with something."

"And why would I want to do that?" Gail asks.

"Because I'm going to save your life," the stranger says.

"I'm saving myself in a few -"

"My bullet will reach you in a few milliseconds." He disrupts Gail's speech by pulling out a pistol and pointing it at him.

"Ah, I see now. So you kidnapped me to ask for a favor? Couldn't you have done that without kidnapping me?" He continues talking, with no resistance at all, in a mocking tone.

"No," the man replies firmly. His gun is still pointed at Gail.

"Dude, chill. I'd have helped you whether or not I was kidnapped. Now that your gun is pointing at my handsome...me, I can't say no."

The young guy spins the gun around his finger and slides it back into its holster. "Good," he adds before leading Gail out.

"Ha?" Gail retorts, returning to his normal self. "Shouldn't you be more careful around me? You know that I was given the name 'genius' for a reason."

"Yes," he replies icily, without looking back.

"Yes," he replies icily, without looking back. "Every item of your clothing is a weapon."

"Exac -" Gail was going to continue.

"But I disabled it all."

"You WHAT?!!!" the most powerful ever drop of an imagined jaw-drop, "But what about spikes?!" he points at his sleeves.

"You needed them to cut the rope," he explains, still sounding calm.

"WHAT?!!!!" Gail exclaims, yet speaking to his back as they walk. "Why did you tie me down in the first place?"

The guy is becoming increasingly bored with this conversation and his pace is increasing. He adds, "For a reason." slowly growing weary of this discussion, he's stepping up his stride.

"What?!" Gail continues. "Is that it?! Seriously?! I mean SERIOUSLY?!!!!" Following the man at a furious pace and gesticulating emotionally without even realizing how far they're straying from the building towards a thick lush forest.

Once they've crossed into the untamed woodlands, Ann reports to Gail that the rescue has arrived.

"Hehe. You forgot to do one crucial thing," he pauses for a moment to embrace himself, then continues, "to deactivate the command for the rescue call. What are you going to do now? Ha?!"

The young man hands Gail a pair of metal-framed heavy goggles before spinning around with a beaming grin: "Enjoy the explosion."

Gail is confused by the response and is watching the other guy put on goggles, asking "What do you..." as he speaks, the sound of an explosion behind his back interrupts his thoughts & words. He looks over his shoulder at the building, then at the stranger, before looking back at the building again with a look of bewilderment on his face.

"Hurry up and put them on; the light bomb should be here by now." The man remarks when he sees Gail's expression. His goggles are reflecting the approaching bomb behind Gail's back."

Gail puts on his ones fast, with no more discussion. He looks around to witness a large explosion. The construction is instantly vaporized into dust, as if it had never existed, after being hit by a single beam of excruciatingly white light. Amazed, Gail praises the beauty of the destruction when he sees the fast advancing shock wave towards them.

"Don't worry. Stay put," he says to Gail, who is dropping terrified glances at him.

"It will wipe us out!" Gail screams, but the stranger snags him by the collar as he flees, forcing Gail to fall with his entire body weight on the ground. Frightened, Gail watches the wave of indestructible devastation arise. "AAHHHHH!!!!!!!" He closes his eyes and awaits death's arrival. After a few moments of waiting for the end of everything, he peers through his fingers weary of waiting. A transparent globe appears around them in a circle. “What just happened?”

"Explosion. Didn't you see it?"

Gail rises, straightening his jacket and acknowledging for the first time, "I'm sorry, was that a joke? Did you just make a funny? I've known you for 20 minutes now, and this is the first time -"

"We don't have time for this." The young man cuts off, "Your 'rescue' will arrive in a few minutes to ensure that you perished. We must move quickly."

"Wow. That was the longest phrase you've said since I've known you." He retrieves what he was told now, "Wait, WHAT?! You want to suggest that my rescue caused this disaster?" He points at the damaged construction.

"As I said, we don't have time for this." He drags Gail by his hair deeper into the woods.

"Boy, why are you so freakishly strong?! Earlier, you nailed me to the ground as if I'm a... NAIL!" couldn't think of anything better "No, seriously, dude; you're way too little for a guy." notes the gun peeping from behind the jacket "Ok, not that tiny, but... come on now; admit it: you're too skinny!” yet dragged by his hair as he speaks, “And stop yanking my silky hair like that! I'm not ready to rock the bold just yet!”

He unclasps Gail's hair. Sits down on a bike, and waits for Gail, who's busy fixing his hair.

"Okay, okay… Chill jeez… I see we're back to basic phrases. I would have rather called them commands." He sits behind the stranger on the bike and rolls his eyes.

The roaring bike takes Gail off into the woods on a bumpy journey drifting between the elder trees further and further away. Gail looks back to see a helicopter approaching the location where they fled.

 

The young man opens an automated garage door. Once you enter, a basic, somewhat shabby-looking home on the outside becomes your covert hideaway. There are merely two walls in this property: one separates the bathroom from the bedroom. The kitchen, living room (a.k.a. computer lab), and garage are all connected. On every surface of the walls, kitchen counter, floor, and pretty much throughout the entire house there are numerous bike and computer spare parts. The computers laboratory has at the very least eight monitors on top of one another, not including a few servers, keyboards, and holograms with projectors that present the outside view from the house, as well as roof and drainage holes from beneath the house.

"I see someone has a lot of trust issues," Gail points out all the camera angles, commenting on a guy who is taking off his mask. "Boy, you are really handsome! Why do you wear that mask? I'm sure women would just jump on you if you weren't wearing it!"

"Why are you calling me that all the time?" The stranger looks at Gail questioningly, then removes his leather jacket. "I'm not really against it though." He removes his hoodie entirely, revealing a black vest.

"WHA?????!!!" Gail is stunned by the sight of large breasts leaping out from beneath that hoody. "WHAT IS THAT?!!!" Unable to construct a coherent sentence, he keeps pointing at her chest.

"A pair of boobs. Every girl has them."

"What do you mean, every girl?! How is it possible that You have them?"

“Because I am a woman,” she walks away into the bedroom.

“What do you mean by a girl?” Gail follows her, asking. “Do you want to claim that you are a genuine female?”

“You’re just weird now.” She pulls his hand to her bust and places it there firmly. “Feel it.”

“What are you doing?!” he tries to remove his hand at first, but then grabs them with both hands and gives it an extensive study of the structure before becoming way too excited.

“That’s enough.” She shrugs his hands off her. "I suppose now you believe that I'm a real woman."

“I wouldn't mind believing in it even more." He replies drooling all over it.

"Men..." She sighs while taking a rest in her working chair. "Now that the gender confusion has been resolved, we must talk about something important."

"It's the second time you've used such a long sentence!" Gail resumes his inane act of acting stupid, forcing her to give him a stern look. "Okay, then I suppose you can explain what occurred to me in detail? And why my company helicopter was there immediately AFTER explosions?"

"Ok, so let's deal with your problem first, and then..." leans on the chair handle. "I'm a hitman. I was hired to kill you by your cousin coz he wants your company. They knew that you had 'Ann' and didn't believe I could definitely finish you. So I offered bombs if you sent out a distress signal after I captured you, indicating that I failed and died but they may still kill you."

Gail was becoming increasingly shocked by every second of her explanation. "Ah, WHAT?! I mean why? No, but why? If he'd asked me, I would have given it to him!"

“I think no one expects you to simply accept their request. Even I had given a 25% probability that you’d reject my request. And that's after observing you for two months.”

"Wow... Another long sentence," Gail mutters, as he keeps something worthless interrupting a serious conversation. "And why am I still surprised? Be more serious, Gail, more serious. Fine. How could I not spot you if you were watching me for the whole two months?”

“I connected to ‘Ann’,” she adds, getting down to business on one of the screens.

“No way,” he replies sincerely offended, “I created ‘Ann’. It's simply impossible. Because of the security measures on this program, governments from around the world were buying it from us.”

“It doesn't change the fact that I did,” she retorts with a grin.

“But HOW?! It's impossible!”

“Possible,” she replies.

“I said no!” He says aggressively marching toward her.

"That enough." She interrupts him, still engaged in her screens. "You've received your answers. You promised to help me.” After a short pause for a moment before continuing "I need you to help me with my death.”

"What's a what?" perplexed, "You're the hitman, not me! I can't kill people. You may kill yourself alone if you want to. There's a thing called 'suicide,' you could use it to end your life and be dead. I will not assist you in this matter. Naaah!" he roams around the room aggressively. He looks at her again and says, "I said NO!"

"You accepted my request. You agreed to assist and you will, whether you want it or not. But first, we must rescue the person I'm going to sacrifice my life for."

“Who's that?”

6