Unranked Hero
71 3 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Hey Sakura! How's your music career going?" One of the men sat down next to a beautiful blonde woman with brown eyes.

"Well, as you know, I'm travelling here and there and performing inspirational Heroic songs," She said with a smile on her face which immediately turned into a frown. "It's so boring and unentertaining. Some have tried to mess my career up but it never ended up in their favor. Still, I can't get a bit of peace in my life."

"Well, what do you expect? We're Subaru and most people are jealous of us," another person added.

Everyone was discussing amongst each other as they tried their best to avoid Isakawa's eyes. 

"By the way, Mutsuba, how's your trading company going? You don't look like someone who is actually interested in that.'' One of the Subaru snickered as he looked in Mutsuba's direction, who unexpectedly didn't get angry.

"Oh, Yue and Lena, not only was I born with good looks and strength, but also with talent. My company is actually successful, making billions in trading Rift items for heroes. Unlike you, who's only making millions out of that farming company of yours," Mutsuba snapped back.

The people on the table burst into laughter as they looked at Yue and Lena.

Yue and Lena sneered as they heard Mutsuba's words. They truly were the poorest in the group even though they were making millions. It was tough competition compared with Mutsuba.

'You'll all regret it once you see our girls' Ability in the Family Games,' they thought to themselves as they glared at the rest of the family.

"By the way, it's been a long time, Tomita and Isakawa," Takase greeted as he looked at his two brothers. 

Mutsuba laughed slightly and said in a low voice, "Tomita, Tomato, hahahahahaha."

Tomita heard what Mutsuba was laughing about and glared at him with his dark grey eyes and snorted. After all these years he was still mischievous. He immediately directed his gaze to his father, Goshi, who sat at the end of the table with a straight face and stared back at his son. 

'He really has the Subaru bloodline,' Goshi thought to himself as he evaluated Tomita Subaru, his eldest son.

Tomita's long hair was split colored, half black on the right, half white on the left. It was tied into a nice ponytail that reached his back with two bangs at the side of his head. His clear, dark grey eyes made him look threatening. His thin lips and muscular body made him look perfect. His fair skin was pale yet full of life. He towered over people at the height of 180cm, he wore a charming dark green and black suit with a pair of black boots. For some reason he didn't have a woman accompanying him but he had brought a child with him. 

Everyone fell in silence as they understood what happened. No one would dare disobey the Subaru rules and not bring their companion. Even Isakawa's sickly wife attended. So it only meant that his wife was dead!

"Sorry, brother Tomita," Isakawa apologized to Tomita with a straight face. 

Tomita sighed as he stared at his younger brother. 'He has really grown.'

"By the way, Isakawa, what do you do for a living?" A female voice interrupted the silence as she stared at Isakawa.

 Her right eye was fully black with a red pupil and her left eye was a normal white but with a yellow pupil. She had short white hair that reached her shoulders, and a rather slim figure but if you looked closely, you'd see she was quite muscular and had been doing some training. She wore a black gown with a purple jewel on her chest, which in a way made her look more mature.

"Mei is right, Isakawa," someone agreed as they all looked at Isakawa in obvious confusion. 

Isakawa looked at them and smirked. They actually want to know what he did for a living? Then they would be in for quite a surprise. Jennifer looked at Isakawa with a worried expression, but he smiled at her lovingly and patted her head. 

He took a white and blue jewel that looked like a brooch and placed it on the table with a smug face. They all froze in place as they stared at that jewel, all fully aware of what it was. 

It was a hero's badge. And not any hero's badge, that clear colour....

"A SSS Class Hero," Takase gasped in shock at Isakawa and the badge.

Goshi Subaru finally looked in Isakawa's way. He too, was truly shocked that his runaway son was an SSS Class Hero. They all knew it was impossible to steal such a badge and it also wasn't just given to anyone. 

Yue gritted her teeth as she glared at Isakawa in shock, fear and anger. She had always been better than him in every way since they were children, but had never been acknowledged by him, however everyone else always treated her like a princess.

After having surprised the entire family with his job, Isakawa took a piece of grape and ate it, then he said, "SSS Class Hero name Unranked." 

When he said the name Unranked that's when they truly froze. It now made sense why they couldn't harm him all these years. The Ability he displayed when he was younger wasn't for show. 

The SSS Hero named Unranked was one who was seen at the site where an Abnormality appeared. And those who had witnessed said that the Unranked had destroyed the Abnormality. But no one could truly believe that it was possible and they had all agreed that the Rift had taken the monster away. To think that the Unranked Hero was none other than their family member that they had sacrificed for the Ability project. It was hard to figure out his identity since he had always covered his face with a mask and even more his hair was black. It couldn't have been possible that the two are related unless…..

Takase looked at Isakawa with curious eyes and smiled. "It can't be possible for the two of you to be the same, unless you can use transformation magic or have a magic item that can fully change your appearance," Takase explained his theory as, setting down his teacup with a firm clank yet seemingly happy to have discovered something new about his youngest brother. 

Isakawa didn't try to hide it from them, so this way they would stop bothering him. He was tired of seeing those ants lurking around him. 

Everyone sat in silence with their heads down and their faces full of fear.

"So all this time you knew?" Goshi asked as he stared at Isakawa with a serious expression.

"That you were trying to kill me and harm my family? Of course I did," Isakawa answered with a smile on his face. 

Jennifer sighed and shook her head, 'Isakawa you could have at least put in some effort to hide your Hero job. You have so many other jobs, so why this one?' Jennifer thought to herself as she looked at Isakawa and the rest of their family, 'Isakawa, what are you trying to do?'

"Even so, that's not right." A voice objected. "How is it that all the other Heroes don't know a lot about the Unranked even though he's one of them?" 

They all turned to see a dark young man with orange eyes glaring at Isakawa. He was tall and his long brown hair flowed down to his chest. He wore a dark purple suit with flower engravings on it. His eyes burned with both confusion and anger. Obviously he thought it all a lie. The proof was clearly presented but he refused to believe that the two were the same.

Isakawa calmly continued, "I also know that Kevin tried to poison my daughter Shiro, but how unfortunate that it didn't go as expected. Like father, like daughter." 

Kevin, who was standing beside Goshi Subaru, had clear veins popping out on his neck. He didn't think Isakawa would be this formidable when he was just a weak child. But no one would have thought that the ability project on Isakawa actually hadn't failed but instead produced amazing results. 

"You guys are nothing but a bunch of fools, like ants trying to bring down a dragon," Isakawa said.

"Isakawa, that's enough!" Goshi Subaru yelled as he slammed his hand on the table in anger. 

If anyone found out that Isakawa, the outcast of the Subaru family, was actually an SSS Class Hero, they would become a laughing stock to the top families. Goshi gritted his teeth as he calmed down. 

"One more thing. Let me warn you for your own sake. None of you should mess with my daughter or else you will greatly regret it," Isakawa warned as he released a huge pressure upon the entire house. Everyone in the room felt like they were suffocating and couldn't breathe. This dark, sinister and murderous aura showed he wasn't joking at all. Jennifer tugged his sleeve when she noticed Isakawa's grim expression and shook her head. 

Isakawa immediately calmed down and the tense atmosphere in the room subsided. 

All of them glared at Isakawa, he was clearly provoking them. However no one understood his true intentions apart from Tomita. Isakawa's face slightly showed a hint of fear when he spoke of his daughter. He'd better warn his son not to mess with his daughter. 

"Ahem, Ahem," Riko coughed slightly to direct everyone's attention to him. "Mr. Goshi Subaru, I would like to ask about the children's safety, just in case a strong monster were to appear or some of the children were to bend the rules," he asked. He looked nervous. 

"Do not worry. We've placed well trained Ability Users around the Rift to keep watch if there should be any unusual activity there," Mr Goshi Subaru answered swiftly as if he was satisfied with the question.

"Thank you, Sir. Also, would the children have to say their Ability to be announced?" Riko asked in anticipation.

Goshi Subaru: "No there's no need for that, we'll fully see once the games start tomorrow."

Jennifer couldn't hold it in any longer and asked, "Mr. Goshi Subaru, regarding the children participating in the family games. I would like a clear explanation about how this would be held."

A lady beside Mutsuba looked at Jennifer calmly with her light purple eyes and gave a cute smile. "Don't you know? During this year's Family Games, the children are to form a group of five, survive in the Rift for three days on their own, kill monsters and come back. The group which will kill the most monsters wins." She explained, flipping her dark grey hair. 

The woman looked at Jennifer with a slight bit of jealousy, 'I can understand why Yue is making a fuss. It's such a pity to pass on a good man like him. But oh well. I have my husband and child anyway, so I'm going to win the Games.' She grinned from ear to hear with a devilish expression under her hand fan.

8