Heroes Festival
34 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“What just happened? Jane, explain yourself!” Tael asked as he glanced at the blood-stained halls and the tens of deceased bodies of the former maids that were found. And Jennifer, Mark, Jane, and he sat around the couch nearby.

This bloody scene was nothing to Tael, and the others, but what’s more shocking was that Shiro could kill Sally who is a D Class Lancer, but could release the power of a B Class Lancer.

The more he thought about the stranger things seemed to him.

‘Wait, it’s not impossible for her to kill Sally. The Family Games!! After the games, the aura surrounding her has become strange. We need to know what went on at the family games,’ Tael thought as he looked at Jennifer, who seemed to be angry.

Even though Tael asked Jane a question, she could do nothing but tremble in despair, “What is that child?”

“I don’t know,” he responded.

“But what did you see?” Tael asked as he studied Jane.

Jane’s face darkened as she recalled the scenes before she lost her leg. Even though she’s a morphosis thus she couldn’t die, that couldn’t explain how the fear of death grasped her heart when she tried to resist Shiro.

“Those red eyes and white hair, I could remember it clearly. All I remember was when I and Sally were patrolling the house, a strong odor of blood covered the area, so we decided to follow it. We then saw her eating one of her maids. But all of a sudden, she attacked us with a blood claw. She looked like she was in a trance.

Before we could even make sense of the situation, a strange force kept us from activating our powers. Which led Say to be stabbed by Shiro’s blood Claw, and I watched as Sally was being devoured alive. It was my turn next, and I didn’t wish to die, so I cried loudly until Mark could hear me and call Jennifer because no matter how many times I and Sally cried Shiro’s name to stop, she didn’t listen.

Before Jennifer came, she ate my leg,” Jane narrated calmly, for this is not the first time that one of her comrades has died.

As morphosis, that can’t feel pain. This was the first time in 6 years that she had experienced pain.

 

“I don’t understand what’s happening to the young miss,” Jane said sadly, with a hoarse voice.

Jane sighed as she glanced at Jennifer. “At first, before her awakening, she genuinely loved meat. And there have been many incidents where she ate raw meat but didn’t seem to notice anything wrong with that.

The strangest thing that happened was when Shiro ate a monster heart that we gave to Sir Isakawa, but strangely nothing happened to her. Because there have been Ability users who have tried to eat a monster heart desiring to obtain an increment in their powers, however, most of them failed and perished because of this, while others became sick. This caused sir Isakawa to have suspicions about his daughter possessing an unusual ability. So that’s why we carried out Isakawa’s experiment by letting her drink blood from the monsters in the dungeons.

We first assumed that monster blood would be harmful to her and might even kill her, so we started with only a drop of monster blood in her drinks and waited for a reaction, but nothing happened.

After some time we doubled the dose in her food and anything liquid she uses and there was still no unusual reaction, even though normal human beings would die immediately since monster blood is basically like poison to humans,” Jane narrated as she anxiously looked at Jennifer who kept on biting her fingernails.

“I see,” Tael mumbled as he rubbed his glabella in annoyance as he tried to make sense of all this new information.

Jennifer coughed into her handkerchief and stared at the bloodstain. She then bit her lips as her face turned crimson. ‘How could Isakawa not mention this to me?’ Jennifer thought, staring at the expressionless Jane. ‘The child has experienced so much shock after losing her best friend.’

‘Isakawa what have you been thinking?’ Tael thought as he gritted his teeth.

__________________

Once Shiro woke up again, she was startled to see Isakawa sitting right next to her as he read a book. She also realised that she was wearing the choker her father always placed on her when they were at home, causing her to sulk. She felt much more comfortable without the choker.

Isakawa immediately noticed Shiro had woken up and sat beside her.

Shiro burst into tears and hugged her father, not noticing Jennifer and doctor Yong Feng who have entered the room.

“Now Shiro, could you tell me what happened at the family games?” Isakawa asked as he looked at Shiro deeply.

“At the family games….” Shiro mumbled.

“Yes!” Jennifer emphasized, “When your eyes turned golden, those dark knights, and how did you discover about the guardian?”

Shiro looked at her parents with a troubled face. All this wasn’t her doing, but rather Alka!!

“It’s not me, it’s that dumb Alka!!!” Shiro pouted, crossing her arms.

All of a sudden Shiro’s headaches tremendously as she could see a red warning screen before her.

[ Information about the System must not be revealed neither does any information about your Pearl ]

[ Due to Host breaking this rule, you shall be immediately punished!! ]

As Shiro finished reading the message blood started to drip from her nose and a mouth full of blood followed after as she coughed on the bed.

Shiro’s chest started to throb, which caused her to clutch her dress as she started to wail in pain, which caused Jennifer, Dr. Yong Feng, and Isakawa to panic.

Isakawa rushed to Shiro and stretched out his around as a blue light eloped his hands and covered Shiro’s entire body. But after a few seconds, a cracking sound could be heard and the light around her cracked into pieces and left. This stunned Dr. Yong Feng and Isakawa but Shiro didn’t seem any better than before. Shiro then fainted from all the pain she was experiencing.

Jennifer immediately felt a peculiar ache in her heart which caused her to run to Shiro and call out for the housemaids to prepare a bath. She then carried the bloody Shiro once again as she walked out of the room. But before she could leave she looked at Isakawa with a serious face, “I don’t a situation like this happening again.” She warned him as she walked away with Shiro.

Isakawa watched his wife walk away with his child as a slight grin appeared on his face.

“Did you see that Yong Feng?”

“Do you mean about what just happened?” Dr. Yong Feng asked.

 

“What else would I be talking about?” Isakawa scoffed as he twirled his hair on his finger.

 

“She rejected my magic, and I’ve never seen anyone who is able to reject my magic apart from her,” Isakawa chuckled as he picked his book he dropped on the ground.

 

Dr. Yong Feng just touched his neck, as light blue engravings glowed and disappeared.

 

He looked at Isakawa nervously who was looking at the blood on the bed.

 

“Make sure you take a lot of blood from the bed. I want you to immediately find the changes in her blood before and then.”

 

“Yes Sir,” Dr. Yong Feng immediately responded as he watched Isakawa leave the room.

 

“Hah, I’m sure Sir Isakawa is having another crazy idea again,” Dr. Yong Feng sighed as he collected the blood on the bed with several test tubes.

“But I feel pity for this child who must be in the middle of all of this,” He said with a slight look of pity on the face as he twirled the blood in the test tube.

.

.

.

Isakawa disappeared from the hallway and reappeared back at his office, as he had a wicked grin on his face.

 

“I wonder what I can do to make Shiro’s second personality again”, he spoke to himself as a lingering dark blue flame crept behind him.

 

*Ring, ring* *Ring, ring*

 

Isakawa picked up his smartphone and answered the call.

 

A beautiful woman his flaming red hair, a fair sexy body, and yellow eyes as she wore a black gown.
“can we prepare for the operation sir Isakawa?” she asked in a seductive voice.

 

“Sure, let’s wreak some havoc at the Hero’s Festival.”

 

_________________________________

 

Shiro was in a daze as she sat on the plane.

 

3 months ago Shiro and her family were just at home and her mother has been taking care of her since she was in a critical condition. She has also been unable to contact Alka during these 3 months, which caused her to feel quite sad. She was planning to ask Alka about the punishment she received from the system but was unable to.

 

Even so, she had an idea that she triggered the system about Alka’s existence. So she decided to watch herself, and her parents too didn’t try to pry any further to get any information about Alka.

 

Shiro then remembers what happened 4 days ago.

 

“Daddy, daddy the Hero’s celebration festival is coming on 5 June, could we go pleeeeaaaaasseeeee,” Shiro begged as she gave her father her best puppy eyes, and Jennifer just giggled. They were all in the living room as they watched tv together.

 

“Oh, honey a nice vacation would really help us relax,” Jennifer spoke sweetly as he tugged Isakawa’s shirt gently and squeezed her boobs around his arms.

 

Isakawa’s face flushed red when Jennifer gave him her cutest pleading eyes. Shiro sat at the other side of the couch as she pouted and watch her mum flirt with her dad.

 

“Hmph cheater,” Shiro pouted as she looked at her mum. Jennifer giggled as she looked at her jealous daughter.

 

“What’s wrong Shiro?” Jennifer asked innocently as she looked at Shiro.

 

“Mummy stole Shiro’s moment, by showing daddy your boobs,” She replied as she turned her head away, with her arms crossed.

 

“Aww Shiro, don’t worry, you and Jennifer can share me,” Isakawa laughed as he looked at his daughter.

 

Shiro looked at her father and pouted again, “Shiro doesn’t want to share daddy with mommy, because mommy has bigger boobs. And daddy likes boobs.”

 

“Shiro, don't do this to your father,” Isakawa cried shedding some fake tears as he seemed to be pitiful since his face seemed so frail.

 

She blushed as she looked at her father trying to act pitiful. Shiro finally gave in and hugged her father, and they all continued to watch tv.

.

.

.

 

Now they were on a flight to Tokyo for a Heroes celebration festival in Beijing.

 

The Heroes Festival is celebrated once every 3 years in honor of the Heroes who have continued the world from Rift outbreaks. Heroes from all over the world could decide to come to celebrate among the common people and other Ability users.

 

Shiro was sad about the fact Tael didn’t accompany them on a trip since Isakawa told her that Tael had a job to do.

 

They finally reached Beijing. And Shiro got down happily from the private jet as she stared at the sky were floating balloons of famous here’s were flying high in the sky, but at the back, Isakawa had a dark aura surrounding him as he saw the hero balloons.

 

‘I have decided to have as much fun as I can with my parents before dad goes to work,’ Shiro promised herself as they entered an expensive black sports car and drove off.

 

Shiro immediately began her fun as they wore their simple clothing and walked around the festival.

 

Balloons everywhere, people selling Hero magazine, food stall, game stall, lottery stalls, plays were open. And a mini arena for Ability users to have a friendly battle. Even some few C Class Heroes and a lot of D Class and below came to the festival and had fun with the children and took pictures with the adults. Many people were fascinated by the Heroes who came, and thanks to Isakawa Shiro was able to meet some of the Heroes and take pictures with them. A lot of people were also stunned by her and her father’s beauty, plus their mum, of course, made them be able to get a lot of free stuff.

 

Shiro too noticed that from time to time her father and mother would be greeted by people who wore extremely expensive clothing. And would try to talk to her but her father would allow any of them to get close to her. She also realised how they address her father politely, and offered many benefits, but Isakawa refused and walked away.

 

“Daddy do you know them?” Shiro asked as she looked at her father.

 

“They’re just people from work who like to bother me,” Isakawa answered as he smiled at Shiro.

Even so, that didn’t stop Shiro from having a lot of fun, as Jennifer bought her food, and Isakawa played games with them. They were having so much fun at the festival eating and playing together and doing family stuff as they bonded together. Which caused Shiro to lose track of how long he has been there.

 

The sun was slowly moving downwards as the sky looked orange.

 

“Aaaarrrrgggghhhh, everyone run!!!” a woman screamed as she tried her best to run away with her heels.

 

All of a sudden a loud explosion could be heard from the north side of the celebration, where most of the D Class Heroes were.

 

A few C Class Heroes came, but the B Class Heroes to SSS Class none of them came.

A mob of people started running away, as they saw some Heroes kill each other which was strange, and they also attacked the people around with the powers.

 

Shiro with a confused and terrified face looked at the once happy festival, now covered with burning flames and painted with blood

 

Shiro looked up at Isakawa and Jennifer who had straight faces as they watched people die calmly.

 

"Dad do we need to worry? the heroes are coming to save us right?" I looked up at him as I asked.

 

“I hope so,” he answered.

 

Dad looked around for a while.

“Something is not right,” he said nervously as he picked me up and started to run with mum and me.

 

‘I don't know why we are running, when the heroes will obviously save us, Right?!!’ Shiro told herself over and over again, trying to keep her hopes up.

 

Shiro looked behind her father who was carrying her and running quite fast. She watched as people were shot, burn and sliced. The festival had the scent of fresh blood, and Shiro never stopped trembling.

 

But Jennifer had a worried expression because she strangely couldn’t activate her powers, no matter how much she tried. She looked at Isakawa as she wanted to ask a question, and realized the mana around him had disappeared.

 

‘This is bad. Isakawa is on his medication,’ she thought as she swallowed her question and continued to run with Isakawa.

 

As people ran up past them, Shiro turned to see some heroes who came and started helping the people. Shiro’s face brightened as she believed that the Heroes won’t abandon them.

 

But all of a sudden that hero was killed by one of his comrades. ‘Just why would you kill your fellow companions?’ Shiro asked herself as she watched the hero die, while the other hero held a gun and smiled at the scene, she was confused.

That festival was a worldwide event, which needs to be protected and filled with so many officers, and Heroes but how come there are not a lot of heroes, nor officers.

 

Luckily Isakwa and his family were able to get far away from the festival. Strangely all the cars that were once had disappeared. So they decided to try and run away from that horrible place, but suddenly crashed by an invisible wall, it was not a wall, but an invisible barrier!

 

“This barrier?” Jennifer mumbled as she felt the strange energy around the wall.

 

“An Ability restricting barrier,” Isakawa muttered as he looked at the stream of green and red lines on the walls.

 

“I thought these were banned since Ability Users were giving rights,” Jennifer frowned as she looked at the wall. No wonder they couldn’t use their powers.

 

‘If not for Isakawa’s medication period, this would have been easy for him to break,’ Jennifer thought as she sighed in defeat.

 

“Does this mean we can't leave?” Shiro asked as she continued to tremble.

 

Shiro then saw as heroes approached them, with eight more people behind them. Isakawa placed her down gently as the Heroes approached them.

 

"Hey we are heroes, we came to help out," they shouted as they approached the family.

 

'Can we finally go home?' Shiro thought as she grabbed onto her mother’s dress.

 

"What is going on? And stop acting, I already know you’re not Heroes," Isakawa asked then with an angry face.

 

"Oh, we were discovered that easily, what a shame,” one hero in a swimming suit said sarcastically. “Then let's cut the chase, hand over the child and we might spare you," shouted the swimsuit as he made a creepy face. Even though Isakwa and Jennifer heard their threat they didn’t flinch, but their faces turned dark.

 

Isakawa: ‘Damn if it wasn't for my medication, I wouldn't be in such a weak state.’

 

"Hey guys this lady is kind of cute, why don't we play with her before we go back. And the man is quite hot, I’m sure we can sell him to those perverted…..?" One of them laughed as he said those words.

 

But before he could finish, a kick landed on his face, as he crashed to the nearby building.

 

The men looked at the man smashed into the building, who was barely noticeable.

 

Isakawa reacted quickly and twisted the other man's neck, as they were not paying attention.

 

Shiro looked at her dad in awe since she had never seen her dada in actual combat before.

 

"Kill that bastard and take the child and the woman,” roared a Hero who wore a blue robe.

“'Stay back and I would take care of everything,’ he said calmly moving Shiro and Jennifer back.

 

‘I hope daddy doesn't get hurt,’ Shiro thought as she still held her mother’s dress tightly.

 

2