Chapter 5 ** Intermission **
138 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I believe it would be better to go elsewhere for the next time that I cultivate."

Switch looked at the girl beside him, he was a little startled at seeing her so serious. "Why?"

She looked at him and frowned, "Well, this clan can only offer so many things. I noticed that they hadn't even had a pill factory to help with cultivation, and I'll probably have to gain knowledge elsewhere anyway."

"I can just give it to you." Switch shrugged, he was sure there wasn't much he couldn't help her with.

Staring at Switch, she really wanted to understand what he used to make things appear the way he did.

She had seen him click his fingers before things appeared and tried it herself. Nothing happened, so she added with a click, "Freedom elixir!"

Nothing happened yet again, making Switch let out a chuckle.

Frowning, Anonym sighed, "How come I can't do it!"

Patting her hand to comfort her, Switch smiled, "You have your way and I have mine."

Pouting, she grumbled her defeat and again, wondering what it was about him that was so...Different to her.

They had been casually walking around the marketplace for a time when then she found some things that may come in handy for her next secluded cultivation.

Thinking that they would have to move hideouts, she didn't steal them. She also didn't want to carry so much with her right now either. If she got too much, they'd have to return back to their hiding spot and she wasn't ready for that yet!

What they did decide to do, was find a map so that they could start heading towards a bigger clan. Switch had showed her where he had been, but she shook her head, only having eyes for the biggest Clan on the continent. Even though Switch had already declared that he could grant her anything that she would need, Anonym was certain that there were things that she would have to rely on herself to do.

 

 

Not long after they had found a map and quickly looked at it. They realized that people were starting to head in a certain location. They were all dressed up and acting their parts of ladies and gentlemen, making Anonym smile with an idea.

"Let's see what they're up to."

Before Switch could even stop her, she already set in the direction that the ladies and gentlemen went.

Seeing that there were guards at the front of a large hall, Anonym held onto Switch's arm, hid for a moment, and then walked straight through. She wasn't ready to cause trouble just yet, so she had made them both invisible, to get to the bigger place inside!

Before heading in, she hid again to make them visible, and they entered, seeing quite a large banquet being held.

There were chandeliers hanging from the roof, there were drapes of silk cloth hanging down, that had embroidery on it, and there was a higher lot of tables and chairs that looked like they were on a stage.

Looking towards a set of tables, Anonym licked her lips in anticipation. Freedom elixir!

Letting go of Switch, she walked faster towards a table and sat down, already drinking the cup full of liquid.

Ah! She was good now, this was her spot! She was now, looking at the nametag in front of her, General Pouler.

Humph!

She threw the name tag further down the table and picked up Switch's new name. Madam Pouler...

Anonym laughed loud and heartily. She pointed at Switch, showing him the name tag, "Your Madam...Madam!"

Switch clicked his fingers and the name tag disappeared. How could someone make such a big commotion on just a name tag! Already he was embarrassed because of her loud laughter, and now, she was calling him Madam!

"Enough already!"

Anonym smiled at him and sat back leisurely, not like a lady at all. "Don't be such a sour puss! The party is only just beginning!"

What was this little runt saying?

 

Switch had the sudden impulse that he should leave. There was absolutely no doubt in his mind that this little runt was up to something!

He looked at Anonym again and wondered what she was thinking about, that made her eyes so full of light and excitement. He may be better off if he left, but he made himself stay...There was something intriguing about this little runt that relaxed him.

Thinking about it, he wasn't watching the devilish glint in her eyes as she had found her first victims!

On the other side of the hall, she could see some children bullying another child that was sitting by themselves, trying not to stand out. It seemed like that lonely child seemed to be of a concubine and was noticeably there just to make her siblings look better, as she was wearing the minimal amount of clothes required to be able to attend the banquet. The other siblings had beautiful clothes and jewellery, that made them look much more exquisite.

Anonym knew what it was like to be bullied, in fact, quite a few times she had died due to the jealously of the siblings that she previously had. It didn't make sense to her anymore. Born from a woman, whether it was a concubine or an official wife, the children were still innocent and shouldn't be treated like there was such an enormous difference between each child. That kind of treatment only taught them to treat others differently as well. In Anonym’s opinion, they were all their father's children!

What Anonym could easily see, was that, having more than one wife made a family harder to live in. She could understand though why men had more wife’s, but why did they show such a blind eye to the children then?

Not being able to say anything, Anonym knew she had disregarded quite a few children in her former life's. Now, remembering, she felt sorry for them. They hadn't done anything wrong. Some of those children ended up really hating her as their father or as their mother, and some really wanted her attention. In fact, she would be the worst person to say something, when she had used so many of her own children as pawns…Now though, feeling like she had wronged them, she wanted to help the poor, little one, that was sitting there all by herself.

Getting up from her chair, she walked happily towards this family and people started to see her as she got closer to them. Not being able to use her invisibility power from the other side of the room, she had no problem moving, so that she could use it!

 

Sitting right beside the lonesome girl, she looked up at her and smiled. "Greetings"

The girl was about eight, her innocence clearly still on her face and actions as she looked at her quickly and bowed her head to someone older then her. She looked a little scared but never wanted to be rude, knowing that something bad could happen.

"Do you hate your siblings?"

The girl looked at her startled. She shook her head viciously, stating that she could not think of such a thing!

Anonym started to talk to her, but she had indeed started the wrong way to talk to her. Noticing that the little girl rarely spoke and that she looked eager to have Anonym leave, Anonym wondered where she had gone wrong. Don't people who get bullied want any help these days?

"Oh, look! Little Gale found a friend!" A boy, that was about twelve, pointed at them, he said this rather loudly to gain attention.

A few people looked back at them, seeing it was finally time that they were able to do something else in attempt to bully the young girl. "Gale, who is your friend, tell us!"

"She looks like she's from a noble family, she shouldn't be sitting there with you, she should be sitting here with us!"

Anonym, using the art of invisibility, pushed the boys chair towards the other child beside him. The boy fell onto his elder sister’s lap, startling her and she started to fall, losing her drink all over herself.

Laughing, Anonym covered her mouth and said, "If I had been with you, I wouldn't look so good right about now!"

Now there were four children looking at her and the lonely child, the two who Anonym had pushed over were giving her a very nasty look. The other two, seeing that their siblings had come out to lose face in front of another person, made them angry!

Of course, they wanted to take it out on both Anonym and the other little girl!

Getting up, off their chairs, the two older children came towards them and stood in front of them. "Come with us, we'll show you something good outside."

Clapping her hands, Anonym smiled. Great! "Sure!"

The two older children looked at each other, thinking that this new acquaintance was strange.

Four of them left...

Two came back. Anonym winked at the eight-year-old girl and left, to go back to her General's chair.

 

Switch had watched Anonym from the other side of the room and noticed that the two other children had not returned. "What did you do to them?" He asked, as she sat down next to him.

Anonym smiled at him.

...

Why can't she just answer me!? I am not going to beg for an answer!

So, he never found out!

The reason Anonym hadn’t told him was because the art she had used had been long known as forbidden. For one, Switch most likely had not even known about it and she’d have to explain it, which she didn’t want to do! Two, if she went on about it and someone heard, it would cause trouble to all four continents and she wasn’t strong enough for that yet!

Basically, all she had done was undo any cultivation that those two children had…Making them start from the very beginning once again, and having the art cast upon them will leave them unconscious for nearly a week. Seeing that she was to leave the clan soon anyway, by the time they figure out what has happened, she’d already be gone. She also wanted to give the little girl a chance to be able to fight back! Just before they had walked back in and Anonym had said her goodbye’s, she had told the little girl to blame her and to become strong, so that they couldn’t hurt her anymore.

 

"All arise! Imperial Concubine Dawn and Prince Nathan enters."

"...Awesome!" Anonym was ecstatic, royalty was also here! Bargain!

Switch noticed that Anonym wasn't going to stand and bow, so he whispered, "What are you doing?"

She looked back at him innocently and shrugged, "I'm above royalty here."

Switch was speechless, but somewhat agreed and stayed seated himself. Looking at her, he was sure that this eleven-year-old girl really did know the past! Knowing that her power was much more significant, could only be that...Or, could she naturally have such a high ego? Unsure, Switch was really tempted to ask! If she knew who she was, they would surely be able to work better together.

What seemed to halt his thoughts was the sudden change in Anonym. She got out a dagger, from god knows where, and cut through the dress he had given her!

He was about to start speaking when Prince Nathan pointed out towards them. "Do you not pay respects towards the crown? Why are you arrogantly sitting there and not kneeling before us!"

Anonym laughed, "I'd much prefer that you to kneel to me, your highness."

Switch didn't think she'd say something like that! She really does have such a high ego!

"Audacious!" Yelled both the Imperial Concubine and the Prince. "Guards! Take them away!"

Anonym cracked her knuckles and stood up. "Right on! Let me have em all Madam!"

Switch looked at her in astonishment...Was this…Her plan? To cut the dress…So she can fight?

Jumping up on top of the table, Anonym watched as several guards came towards her. Jumping out, she went invisible in mid air and the crowd went speechless!

"The art of Invisibility!"

"Invisibility!"

Switch shook his head, didn't she know how to keep secrets!?

It was also at this time that the Imperial Concubine knew of this girl! She was the messenger between the Rain Clan and the Hydra Clan! When had she gotten loose?

The Imperial Concubine looked towards an elder of the Hydra Clan, that was also attending the banquet, and he saw that the Imperial Concubine was very upset...They hadn't wanted to tell her that they had lost the messenger, they wanted to get her back before they could find out and pretend that it had never happened. But now...

The elder looked at the middle of the large area with hatred. Having an entire year go by and still not find her, they had thought that she had totally disappeared! Having kept it a secret from the Imperial Concubine, they still had tried to find her to no avail, so, they continued to act like they still had her but just didn’t use her anymore. They were under the protection of the Imperial Concubine and did whatever she asked, but now, it was obvious that they had lost their biggest bargaining chip…Would she dismiss their relationship!?

 

As they were all looking on, they saw two guards fall to the floor and a laugh coming out from nowhere. The guards looked around, unsure on how to proceed.

Ten seconds ticked by as people stared towards the middle of the hall. Some people had gotten over the surprise and started to greedily scheme to take this little girl!

Nothing happening, people started to frown and just as they thought that she had run away, she appeared right in front of the Prince's table and took his cup.

Taking a drink, she smiled and said, "Thanks!"

The Prince started to get really angry, "Why you! Guards!"

This little runt had a lot of courage!

She took another sip, as the guards started coming towards her, then said, "You can kneel to me later."

Putting down the cup, she went invisible again and the guards stopped moving. This prey was not easy to catch!

"Dominoes!" A yell came out and a guard suddenly got swept away into another guard, then another guard was pushed over because of them.

Another laugh entered the room from nowhere.

Anonym appeared and became serious, "Okay, I'll make it even. This general will kick your butt all by himself!"

Taking out her dagger, she waited for them to prepare themselves.

 

Switch got more and more sure that Anonym had lived many times. How could she act like this with the small amount of life that she has had? It looked like she had ample combat experience!

Watching her kill two guards in ten seconds, without much of a reaction, he decided to bring up the conversation without holding back next time. He was even a little jealous to the close combat experience that she seems to have, as all the fights he had been in were solely based on magic...

Everyone else watched, with strict attention. Most of them knew of this girl already, some were even victims! But everyone wanted to dig their nails into this young girl, as they watched her arrogantly take down another two guards. She looked calm and collected, even making use of her small size as a positive way to gain the advantage. Anonym was also ruthless, as for one of the guards, she flew between his legs and used her dagger to get to his private area...

If only...If only we could recruit this little devil!

While she glided on the floor, she would roll towards another guard and plunge the dagger right into his foot!

Not one guard had the same type of wounds. Only one had his throat cut, another had been stabbed in the heart, another had been stabbed in the private area and another on the foot. She had absolutely no routine, they couldn't think of what she would do next! Compared to her being invisible and just playing with them, they still would much preferred that, then her slaughtering them so shamefully like this!

 

"It seems that elder brother won't get what he wants this time."

The whisper came from Prince Mark, he hadn't been introduced because the Imperial Concubine and Prince Nathan didn't find him part of the royal family. He had tried to flee from the palace a year ago, but they had found him three months ago and tortured him. Having relations here in the Hydra Clan, they had made soldiers go out and look for him, from here. Anonym had personally seen those soldiers off a year ago, when she had initially thought that they had been there for her.

Before they were to leave and go back to the palace, this was their second last banquet.

This Prince Mark had grown up in utter torment. He had fled to survive...

Seeing this young girl doing what she wanted to do, he cheered heavily for her in his heart.

But he had been caught yet again and only just now able to stand for a brief amount of time. His wounds still weren’t fully healed…

They had reason enough to chase him, as he was able to do three talents and one is yet to be determined. His father had given him a decree for him to do as he was told, but he could no longer bear it. Since he was still an asset, they couldn’t even kill him for not abiding by the imperial decree!

His first talent and art, was something that came with his birth. In the talent Psychology, he was unable to be mind controlled. Due to this, they wanted to own him, but they had driven him too much into a corner and he rebelled to the best of his ability. And now, seeing this little girl, he desperately wanted to continue to survive, away from palace. If a little girl can go against his brother like this…

 

Having finally ended each guard's life, Anonym wiped her dagger on one of the guard’s clothes and looked up at the Prince. "I'm ready now."

Prince Nathan growled at her, "…I will not kneel to anybody except my father!"

Shrugging, Anonym casually said, "Shame."

Seeing what she could do, the Prince was a little worried, was she going to force him to kneel?

He had seen his father rule, he was the most majestic person he’d known in his whole life…He had been a real dreamer when he was young and put his father in a high place, thinking that is where he belonged, especially since he was the Emperor.

What he saw in this young girl made him think one thing without realizing it. That there were some people that were born rulers…The little girl wasn’t afraid of anything, she blatantly did what she wanted and had no regard for anyone else. If she had been a brother, he would have had to kill her because she would most definitely take the throne!

 

Switch stood up and walked over to Anonym, as more guards came rushing in. Taking her into his embrace, he clicked his fingers.

Looking up at Switch, she wondered what he was doing. In a few seconds, she found out, as the guards tried to get to them but couldn’t get through some kind of shield.

Completely taken by the shield, Anonym forget where she was. It seemed like a constant flow of air or something that had fire embers in it or possibly both. Putting her hand out, she wanted to touch it, but she remembered how it had hurt her a year ago. She looked at how the guards were slightly harmed, to where they had touched the shield. Looking closely, she was sure that she had never seen this before, just like the dragon and the clicking of the fingers, kind of magic...

Was Switch from another place entirely? What had he said previously? That he was just like her? But...How were they alike?

As Anonym was thinking, Switch chuckled at her. He didn't initially do things like this normally. He wasn't someone that would show how strong he was and announce it to the entire world, but she had done it herself without a care. So why should he care...?

The people in the hall were really interested in this other stranger. They, also, had never seen such a thing before, what a great talent! A shield!

More greed filled their eyes as they saw such a fantastic pair in the middle of the floor.

"Ready to go?" Switch asked, not rushing his words at all.

Anonym shook her head, "Want more freedom elixir."

He laughed as he got out his staff. He held her with one arm and knocked the staff to the floor with his other hand, and a cup appeared in front of her.

Eyeing the staff, that she hadn't seen before, she saw the cup and her eyes widened, but then she frowned. Was it really freedom elixir?

Grapping the cup, she sniffed it first and then had a tiny, little sip.

Smiling, she drank more and sighed.

Switch knocked the floor again with his staff, startling her, "Hey!"

But her words beyond that weren't heard to the people around them, as Switch and Anonym disappeared with a blink of an eye.

 

***

 

Before Anonym could say anything, they were back at their hideout.

Letting out a breath in the heat of the moment, she looked at Switch excitedly. "That was great! Let's do it again!"

Switch's staff disappeared, and he let her go, simply saying, "No."

Anonym wanted to fold her arms across her chest, but didn’t because of the freedom elixir, instead she humphed. He really was a joy killer...

Finally thinking back to what had happened, she looked at him and bluntly asked, "Who are you?"

Switch walked into their hideout and said, "Yes, we have a conversation to have. Let me check on Presley first."

As he disappeared down further into the cave, Anonym happily continued to drink the rest of her freedom elixir.

 

When Switch returned, he clicked his fingers and two comfortable chairs appeared. Sitting down, he gestured that she should sit into the other one.

Frowning, she sat down and held out her empty cup.

Sighing, Switch filled it up and said, "You are probably aware now that I am not from here."

She nodded, as she sipped her freedom elixir and got comfortable on the chair...She wasn't lady like in the least, with her legs hanging over the side of the chair.

"I came from the planet ‘Bracabra’."

Switch was interrupted with a laugh. Looking at her, his mouth twitched to her only thinking about the name of a planet. He'd only seen her serious once since he'd met her, could she not try it now?

She calmed down a few moments later and sipped her drink again, unable to completely get rid of her smile.

Rolling his eyes, he continued, "I was taken to a wizard master at the age of three and I learnt how to become a wizard until I was fifteen."

Anonym looked at him with excitement, "You're a wizard? A real wizard!? Awesome!"

Switch nodded, "My power is based on existence. As long as I can think of something that exists, then I can do it."

Anonym looked at him, astonishment and excitement written all over her face.

Switch continued, "I had nearly died when I inherited these powers at fifteen, because they were so immense…And was able to see my past life's. From there, I knew that I was missing something. Even though I had an impressive power, it is still based on using my imagination. First, I tried to heal myself, which was similar to the art of Healing from here. Then, it took me awhile to think of an idea that would let me remember my past. What I had used, seemed to be like the art of Soul Scribing from here as well. After that, I left my master, seeing that there wasn't anything else I could learn from him."

Silence filled the air and Anonym seriously thought about what Switch had just said.

4