Chapter 2: Who Am I?
246 6 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Alright. I’m alive.

It’s a little hard to move… Oh! I can see though. Looks like I’m in a bright lit room, There’s someone dressed in what seems to be doctor-appropriate clothing, except for the fact that their jacket makes way for multiple arms.

Huh. Anyways, it seems that they’re talking to a robust figure wearing civilian clothing, nothing standing out about them, I guess that’s my father? There’s no way I’m not in a hospital, explains why I can’t move to much.

Yep, I’m wrapped up like a caterpillar. Judging from the looks and the fact that I’m in a cradle with no other civilians around, I fear for what happened to my… mother? Yeah. I hope they’re okay.  

Update, they were not okay, it’s been a –I think- few days since then, and most of the time my father is working on something or other, only paying attention to me when I need something.
Well. I’m not going to complain. At least this way I can rest in peace and think things out, two things I’ve figured out so far though;
1 -being a baby is annoying-
2, I have no quirk so far, as expected, as I’m only a couple days old, but at least I know I don’t have a mutation quirk or anything that would alter my body like Sero and his tape shooters.

a couple months(?) later, I am able to walk, Personally I think since I can hold my own weight now, I should start training, nothing intensive, just enough that I’m not just loafing around all day, also, no signs of a quirk yet.

...

Training has been the only non-boring thing so far, I started only doing about half a pushup, but now I can do two! I also just now remembered hearing that working out to much to early can slow height growth…

So I’ll keep doing it…

What?

I’d rather be low to the ground then an obvious target, and being tall doesn’t exactly help that.

Also, I seem to be able to understand the language fine enough for now, hearing business calls helped a lot with that, besides knowing some titles in Japanese already, so I sorta knew what was definitely a person’s name, not saying it was easy, but after daily talks over a couple months with no other languages around, I was kinda forced to learn a bit or die from boredom.

Back to training!
… so boring…

...

It’s been two years… yeah.
Anyways, I’ve learnt the language, trained reasonably, and started speaking, and man, most of my time came from learning how to speak, easy for a baby who has no sense of other languages to go off of, but to a English speaker? Hell.
Anyways, I think I’m being sent to a kindergarten or whatever, I’ve only heard the word once so I don’t really know what it would translate to, but safe to assume it’s a place of learning.
I only heard about this since my father was talking about finally getting back to work, guess he didn’t have money for a babysitter? Anyways, he mentioned me in that, but only as, ‘the child.’ Very cool. Not like I want to know my name or anything.

The next week comes, and for the first time I’m out of the hou- THE DAYLIGHT. IT’S! SO! BRIGHT! Lemme just cover my eyes there, okay yeah, I haven’t been outside in two years, and it’s not like the house had much light of this… vibrance…
So I’m packed into an old car in the back seat and strapped in. guess he trusts I’ll be fine with just a seatbelt?

The drive there is uneventful, I suppose luckily since an event would usually mean a villain, which would not be pleasant, it was only around a 5 minute drive, but it felt so much longer, I only know it was a short trip since there was a clock on the car’s radio.

Arriving at the place reveals a wide variety of kids, I even seen one with win- wait, that face! that face could be recognized at any age! that’s Bakugo no doubt!


I may or may not have completely doubled the word count of this series with a single chapter...

6