Chapter 2
29 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A  tense silence followed the little squabble between friends, a few seconds later a phone began to ring. 

“Sister Miracle! You will not believe what I am hearing!”

“Did something happen? Sister Joy?”

Adetola Johnson kept on counting the tablets but at the same time kept her ears open to listen to the conversation that was taking place between Miracle and another.

“You know Sister Irene in the choir, someone told me that she and Brother Larry were seen at Agape Clinic!”

“Agape Clinic? What were they doing there? Isn’t that place where they do abortion?!!!”

Whenever Miracle Dike was caught up in a gossip her Igbo accent would thicken barely making her English discernable. When Adetola saw the change in her friend’s accent she could not help but shake her head and smile at the transformation.

“My sister all those people in the choir, only God knows who serves him! See them messing themselves up! Pastor John must know about this!”

“Chai! Is it true that Sister Irene and Brother Larry are secretly going out together?! Hey! May God have mercy on us oh!”

“My sister tell me something! Come Sunday now, they will be the ones to be singing Hallelujah!”

“What a shame, that people like that will be ministering to us and in secret they are fooling around! That baby is a gift from God, even if they had sinned that baby did not deserve to die!”

“Sister Miracle the bible says the heart of man is desperately wicked, who can know it. We have to put them in prayer but the way I see it, our mother in the Lord will discipline them big time!”

“Hey! The devil is at it again! My sister, don’t vex let me call you after work, so that we can have more time to discuss this scandalous thing that Brother Larry and Sister Irene has done.”

“Okay, Sister Miracle let us talk later. Bye!”

Adetola Johnson saw the myriad of emotions on the face of her friend as she spent a good 20-minute gossiping about the plight of another church member. When the phone call ended, Adetola waited for Miracle to give her the gist pertaining to the phone call.

1