Chapter 3
27 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

At 4pm Adetola and Miracle began clearing their desk to end the day at the pharmacy. Medications to the ward had been dropped off by the orderly who came on behalf of the nurses to see to it that patients have their drug baskets at the bedside table.

"Adetola my dear, if you don't mind can you drop me off at Yaba market on your way home?"

"I'll text the driver, he should be waiting by the tree shade."

Born Yoruba, Adetola knew that it was rude to turn down a helping hand even when it was a big inconvenience to her. Adetola carefully arranged her face so as not to appear unhappy at Miracle's sneaky demand.
The two continued to talk about the latest scandal at Miracle's church as they made their way outside the pharmacy to hand the key over to the hospital's watchman.
Engrossed in the conversation that she was having with her friend, Adetola Johnson heard someone call her by name.

"Pharm. Adetola! Do you remember me? I'm Issac from NYXC camp!"

"Adetola, do you know him?"

"I'm not too sure, could be..."

Miracle Dike saw the dark skinned youthful guy walk up to her friend, his dazzling smile made Miracle do a 180 and in that instant she began putting two and two together that maybe just maybe her friend could have landed a man while performing mandatory service to her country in another State.

1