Chapter 2: Signal
56 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Third-person POV.

——————

After what happened, Stella decided to stay in the kindergarten center, no matter what happened.

She was ten years old, yet she’s in kindergarten.

Stella was sitting on a chair in the backup control room and playing with the computer.

“You know? I feel like I want a child.” Stella said.

“What? You need at least eight more years according to the law, you know?” Mekaro used his data.

“That’s the time for marriage! I don’t even have a boyfriend yet! And why? Because there’s no one on this ship besides a girl and a robot!”

“When did you become like this? Is it when you watched h****i yesterday?”

Then an announcement appeared on the computer’s screen.

“Wait a sec… that’s a radio signal, right?” Stella looked at the screen.

“Yeah, let’s skip your boyfriend matter. For now, we should check the signal.”

Stella decrypted the radio wavelengths.

“It’s… a recording, I guess.” Then she played it.

“Hello? I guess saying that is useless cause you aliens might not understand English. Anyway, our planet, which we called Earth, is in the Solar system and bla bla (coordinates of Earth). We are currently under an attack from the Vaha Empire, a soon-to-be strongest force in the universe. By the time you receive this message, Earth might already be under the Empire’s control. But if you speak English and your civilization is above Type 1, we will be grateful even if you send a little bit of help.”

“So that’s it, huh? Oh wait, there’s another one.” Stella said.

“*Insert some disco music*

We no strangers to love.

You know the rules, and so do I.

A full commitment’s what I’m thinking of.

You wouldn’t get this from any other guy-” Stella turned off the computer.

“Never thought Earth people know what rickroll is,” Mekaro said.

“Yeah… and them speaking English is a mystery that every country is trying to solve. There’s a hypothesis that English is the common language of every individual in the Human race, even if they’re on different planets.” Stella explained.

“And because of the recording and the rickroll, we now are sure that Earth, our destination, is inhabited by Humans, which makes the future matter so much easier,” Mekaro said.

“I figured that out already. Now I’m going to eat something.”

Stella walked to the fridge and opened it, and she was shocked. There was nothing inside but a can of dog food.

“We ran out of food yesterday…” Mekaro said.

“Are there even dogs on this ship…” Stella went crying as she was eating the dog food.

“We should start exploring the ship to get food now.”

“Yes…”

4